[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legit thoughts and criticism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Want legit thoughts on this album. Can't say I'm very fond of this one. 3 songs struck me as okay but the rest was a whole letdown. I feel Mac is going down a path that just further and further strays away from his old self. I fell in love with Mac when "2" was the big thing and I miss that sweet ass slacker guitar sound.
>>
It sounds like everything else he made
>>
File: ThomYorkeOK.jpg (91KB, 750x479px) Image search: [Google]
ThomYorkeOK.jpg
91KB, 750x479px
>>72640228
I liked it

more experimental, he's moved on from just guitar and drum songs. The best songs on Salad Days for me were the ones that added other instruments, Passing Out Pieces, Johnny's Odyssey, Chamber of Reflection.

is that good? how the fuck should I know
>>
Very, very bland. I've listened to it a bunch of times and there isn't a single notable thing I remember. I also love 2, and Salad Days had some notable moments too, but his last two albums just feel so uninspired.
>>
>>72640255
this. if you liked salad days, you'll like this. though I really enjoyed the last track, it was a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>72640228
I think it's his best and most serious album yet. Several memorable moments throughout and plenty of feels. Moonlight on the river is just a beautiful song. Additional favorites: still beating, for the first time, dreams from yesterday, sister, watching him fade away.
>>
>>72635555
>>
>>72640934
this
i loved 2 and disliked everything after that until now
>>
>>72640228
Salad Days, though pretty good, was a step down from 2, which I continue to regard as his best. Another One was another step or two down from that, and since then my expectations for Mac have been pretty low. I couldn't imagine him evolving very much as an artist; I could only foresee diminishing returns on his original sound.

This Old Dog was a pleasant surprise. There's nothing new about it, and it's no 2, but it was still a very enjoyable listen with several standout tracks. Another One had me worried that he'd settled into his niche, and This Old Dog confirms that fear - but on this album, he does it well. I've come to accept that Mac is sticking with his mellow, "chill" sound, and that's okay, so long as his albums are as good as this.

I agree with you about that "sweet ass slacker guitar sound", though. His guitar playing on 2 and Rock and Roll Night Club livens up otherwise bland songs, and I'd like to hear him bring that back next time around.
>>
Completely agree, OP. Bland album with a few nice tracks.
>>
About halfway through listening to it, so far it sounds exactly like what I expected.
>>
>>72640283
>more experimental
There's nothing even remotely experimental about this album. Get off this board retard.
>>
>>72640255
>>72640427
see i feel the opposite. i feel like mac really changed up his formula on this, and poured his heart out to make an emotional album while still keeping his chill vibe. solid 8/10 for me
>>
>>72640228
I like it but goddamn it I hate that album art. It doesn't fit the music, period. The vinyl art is somehow worse. You could make better art in 10 minutes.
>>
>>72641565
compared to Salad Days it was
>>72641639
i's what this guy says
>>
I really feel it like fresh air from Mac.

Yeah, he didn't change much of his formula but he DOES work different this time.

Much more mature lyrics and sound.

Really love the album, specially Moonlight on the river.

>It's so strange, deciding, how I feel about you.
>>
File: zAs1xNb.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
zAs1xNb.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
>>72641679
>>
does anyone here really likes his voice in rock on roll night club? i miss it :/
>>
>>72642188
his actual voice is so lovely though
>>
>>72641679
Agreed
>>
>>72642242
yeah it is, but his deeper voice is amazing. one song using it would be enough
>>
>>72640228
i really like 2 and i dont like this much
title track and baby youre out fav tracks
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.