[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>implying he isnt the best rapper of all time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 597db50f5eea4cc666bf96078bb16ea3.jpg (116KB, 734x1200px) Image search: [Google]
597db50f5eea4cc666bf96078bb16ea3.jpg
116KB, 734x1200px
>>
still waiting for his next album
Hopefully it won't be bad this time
>>
15 years ago? Definitely, dude was at the top of his game. Now? Nah, he fell off hard.
>>
>>72635820
he really isn't
>>
>>72635820
MMLP > TES > Relapse > SSLP > Hell: The Sequel > Devil's Night > MMLP2 > Encore > D12 World > Recovery > Infinite
>>
>>72635910

>recovery better than infinite

otherwise pretty accurate
>>
It's sad really
His best shit was when he was fucked up 24/7
But I can't say that I like that, I'm truly happy he kicked the shit
>>
>>72635910
I miss D12

They've dropped 3 mixtapes since their last album, one of them in 2015, but Em is on none of them (except as a feature on a song from ROTDV2 and a freestyled intro on their latest one)

Em needs to ditch those corny Slaughterhouse guys and get back with D12 and make a new album.
>>
>>72635820
He isn't tho.

He's legit the most overrated rapper of all time.
>>
File: ewstinky.jpg (4KB, 249x182px) Image search: [Google]
ewstinky.jpg
4KB, 249x182px
>>
>>72636067
>most overrated rapper of all time.
No, that would be Kendrick
>>
>>72636067

How? Dude is the best for a reason. He made 3 classics and 2 really good albums. Encore has its gems and so does Recovery. Dude is overHATED by hipsters/hip hop heads who are hipsters if anything nowadays. I love Relapse and SSLP.
>>
He is RAP GOD
>>
>>72636084
>No, that would be Kendrick
Kendrick is well rated. J.cole on the other hand isn't.
>>72636094
>How? Dude is the best for a reason. He made 3 classics and 2 really good albums. Encore has its gems and so does Recovery. Dude is overHATED by hipsters/hip hop heads who are hipsters if anything nowadays. I love Relapse and SSLP.

>He made 3 classics

That's whole heartedly subjective. The fact we're even considering him the GOAT is one of the reasons he's overrated.
>>
>>72636113

When that song came out I was excited as fuck and knew Em still had it. It's unironically a great well written song. Some great old references back to his past, some cool rap and comic book moments...it's a great song. Only downside is it's a little too long/overplayed and you fags hate on the super sonic speed part but I like it t b h.
>>
>>72636123

>The fact we're even considering him the GOAT is one of the reasons he's overrated

Go listen to The Marshall Mathers LP, The Slim Shady LP, Infinite, D12 World, 8 Mile the soundtrack, Relapse, MMLP2 and most of Encore, all his disstracks and early features and freestyles...and fucking tell me he's overrated.

He's not overrated. Eminem is a top 5 all time great for a reason. His storytelling skills, lyrical ability, flow, cadence, alter-ego usage, reliability and openness are why he's a legend. and many other rappers consider him the GOAT. Disagree all you want but you're OBJECTIVELY WRONG
>>
>>72635910
put infinite at the front and then you're right
>>
>>72636143
>Go listen to The Marshall Mathers LP, The Slim Shady LP, Infinite, D12 World, 8 Mile the soundtrack, Relapse, MMLP2 and most of Encore, all his disstracks and early features and freestyles...and fucking tell me he's overrated.

I'm saying this as a former Eminem stan, he's not as dope as people think he is.

>Eminem is a top 5 all time great for a reason. His storytelling skills, lyrical ability, flow, cadence, alter-ego usage, reliability and openness are why he's a legend. and many other rappers consider him the GOAT. Disagree all you want but you're OBJECTIVELY WRONG

Literally, Nas, Jay-Z, Tupac, Biggie, Kanye, Andre 3000 do this exact same shit. Eminem fans do this thing where they're so gassed up by others in the fanbase they ignore the work of others in favor of Ems.

Out of all those records, The MMLP and Slim Shady LP are the only good ones. The 8mile soundtrack isn't even just composed of Eminem's song he literally has other artists on that track. Eminem will tell you himself the Relapse was bullshit.
>>
>>72636190

>I'm saying this as a former Eminem stan, he's not as dope as people think he is.

Not relevant

>Literally, Nas, Jay-Z, Tupac, Biggie, Kanye, Andre 3000 do this exact same shit.

Nas is overrated. 2Pac has too much filler. Jay Z is not even on Em's level. Biggie and Kanye are though. But that's apples and oranges.

Eminem fans do this thing where they're so gassed up by others in the fanbase they ignore the work of others in favor of Ems.

>Out of all those records, The MMLP and Slim Shady LP are the only good ones. The 8mile soundtrack isn't even just composed of Eminem's song he literally has other artists on that track.

Very wrong. Go listen again. Open your ears.

>Eminem will tell you himself the Relapse was bullshit.

He was wrong, he fell for the mainstream normies opinions and later took it back and realized it was actually cool and appreciated by many for a reason.
>>
>>72636210
>Not relevant
It was relevant to the conversation. The idea you was pushing was that I had to observe his catalog myself to give a proper judgement on Eminem. That of which I did.

>Nas
No. Illmatic had a far more impact on the genre of Hiphop more so than any Eminem project.

>2Pac has too much filler

Still does not exclude him from this conversation. Again, he has had waaaay more influence on the genre of Hip Hop/Rap than Eminem. If we're judging the goat, this should be brought into conversation.

>Jay Z is not even on Em's level

Why not? Elaborate. Because again, Jay-Z had impacted the genre of Hip Hop more so than Eminem.

All the men mentioned before has left an ever lasting impact.

>Very wrong. Go listen again. Open your ears.

I think i'll come to the same conclusion. Again, it's you who should open your ears to the various works of other artist. This tends to be the case with most of Eminem's fanbase.

>He was wrong, he fell for the mainstream normies opinions

He is a mainstream normie, the fuck is wrong with you kiddo? If the artist himself is insulting his own music, maybe that says a lot about the music at hand.
>>
He was most entertaining rapper in the game and become most boring now, it's just sad
>>
>>72635820
Best rapper?

Yeah, probably

Best rap artist?

He's squandered his potential a little too much for that to be the case

I've listened to a fair amount of rap music and yeah there really ain't much that can hold a candle. Any counter-argument someone usually makes is usually so lame and phoned in it looks like the Great Value brand by comparison.
>>
>>72636210
Relapse is bad, m8. It's very uninspired and corny attempt to be shocking and edgy with retarded jamaican accent
>>
itt: cornballs
>>
File: a49jjoy_460s_v1.jpg (47KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
a49jjoy_460s_v1.jpg
47KB, 460x345px
>>72635820
>>
>>72635820
controversial opinion:
he's very good technically, but his voice and style of delivery are very grating and make his shit not as enjoyable as it should be
>>
>>72636353
His delivery was perfect on classic albums
>>
>>72636210
>Jay Z is not even on Em's level
Dead Presidents Part 1 and 2. Thank me later.
>>
>>72636353
>he's very good technically
> but his voice and style of delivery
But that's part of technical skills lol
>>
>>72636320

Eh I mean it's edgy generally but has some gems like Deja Vu and beautiful and honestly I like the experimental darkness of it, his flow and beats were so dope there.

>>72636353

Recovery and everything after? Yes.

Otherwise I didn't mind it.
>>
he's not nearly the cunning and confident edgelord he once was, so be it.
>>
>>72636414
THIIIIIIS

>Dead Pres. Part 2
Factions from the other side would love to kill me
Spill three quarts of my blood into the street
Let alone the heat
Fuck 'em, they hate a nigga lovin' this life
In all possible ways, just know the feds is buggin' my life
Hospital dazed, reflectin' when my man laid up
On the uptown high block he got his side sprayed up
I saw his life slippin', this is a minor setback
Yo, still in all we livin', just dream about the get-back
That made him smile, though his eyes said "pray for me"
I'll do you one better and slay these niggas faithfully
Murder is a tough thing to digest, it's a slow process
And I ain't got nothin' but time
>>
how did he get so fucking tame though? he used to jump from being frightening to fucking hysterical. he never raps about his family or homosexuals and vicodin anymore. i wonder how badly his D12 buddy passing on affected him, or if he turned to hard drugs to deal with things like this in his life.
>>
how could a man goin thru white crisis be the best
>>
>>72636457
>has some gems like Deja Vu
Yeah, Deja Vu is great. I also actually like Insane cause of how edgy and over the top it and sound like old Em is and Same song and dance because he sound serious on that but the rest of album is Hopsin-tier horrorcore fillers with good beats
>>
>>72636496
that's been his whole career though.
>>
>>72635820
Not even the best white rapper
>>
Go listen to illmatic or any of the 90s and early 2000s Jay-Z stuff. Not only do they do everything you said Eminem does, they are actually his main influences.

Saying Jay-Z can't compete with Eminem is probably one of the stupidest things I heard in a Rap thread.
>>
>>72636583
What the fuck is that ? Are you nigger ?Even though he is white, He is truly RAP GOD
>>
>>72635820
I like Em. But he's extremely overrated by his own fans, mainly because they don't listen to much rap apart from Em and because they let the white rapper thing count for more than it should. MMLP and SSLP were good and at his height he was great.

The people that hype Eminem will tell you Logic is the most underrated rapper right now or have Redbone on repeat at a party.
>>
>>72636662
>extremely overrated by his own fans
No shit, Sherlock
>>
>>72636210
>Nas is overrated.

>>72636143
>His storytelling skills, lyrical ability, flow, cadence, alter-ego usage, reliability and openness are why he's a legend.

>Story Telling
Listen to NY State Of Mind by Nas. Does this way better than Em.

>Lyrical Ability

Listen to Life's a Bitch. Again Nas does this way better than Em....

>Flow
>Cadence
Ether.

>Alter-ego usage
What? Why would this make Em the greatest?

>reliability and openness
You do realize a majority of rappers mentioned are also open about their life? I don't know what you mean by "reliability" though.
>>
>>72636717
>No shit, Sherlock
I guess he means in the sense that other rapper's fans tend to also acknowledge the music of other artists as being some-what more better than their favorite artists. Most of the time they explore within the genre and are diverse in music taste. Eminem fans tend to block out everything but Eminem and drown themselves in circle jerk fluids about how he's the best. This usually doesn't correlate with his music at all, considering when he drops a mediocre project his fans still eats up the garbage.
>>
>>72635820
Why is American rap so dumb? The shittiest Brazilian rap has serious lyrics about political stuff. The classic raps have like 8 minute of serious stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vWoKiCmhn4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQSFLTiwS8

btw nobody will listen to it but the Brazilian version of rap god:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_xGeZDk3Sw
>>
>>72636757

No, I'm a huge Em fan and I don't do this and don't know anyone else who just listens to Em. Some fans do, sure but many other fans of artists are the same way not just Eminem fans. There will always be stans. And that should've discredit his classic material.
>>
>>72636757
All of this not eminem's fault
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.