[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /mu/ think of the worst song ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: most unwanted thumbnail.jpg (13KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
most unwanted thumbnail.jpg
13KB, 220x220px
Researchers in 1997 made surveys to find what people wanted in music and what people didn't want in music. They took their findings and created the "most wanted song ever" and the "least wanted song ever" based on the results.

This is apparently the worst song ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gPuH1yeZ08
This is apparently the best song ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McIfIx29tSg
>>
The most unwanted one is really good though
>>
>>72634779
The most unwanted song is incredible. Probably one of the most notable sound collages of the 90s >.>

Don't fall for the normie trap and believe that regular people have any decent musical standards or taste.
>>
DO ALL YOUR SHOPPING AT WALMART
>>
>>72634816
>>72634835
>/mu/ literally likes music designed to be terrible
why am I not fucking surprised?
>>
the most unwanted song is just unoffensive enough (i.e. not just a clusterfuck of really loud noise) to be enjoyably hilarious
>>
the opera rap is pretty great not gonna lie
>>
Most Unwanted Song is actually legitimately good with enough hilarity to actually be worth a full listen

seriously
when the fucking bagpipes come in
>>
I thought I was just listening to Faust
>>
File: IMG_4139.jpg (86KB, 640x644px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4139.jpg
86KB, 640x644px
Cognitive Dissonance: The Thread
>>
File: kisses.webm (361KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
kisses.webm
361KB, 360x640px
the most wanted sound just sounds like a Celine Dion song feat. Bruce Springsteen, the stuff that was dominating the charts back then. I'd like to hear what the most wanted song would sound like if those surveys were conducted today. I'd also be interested in a similar most/least wanted test done exclusively on /mu/
>>
90s avant-garde corporate post-western operatic scot rap is the only genre of music worth listening to.
>>
They're both garbage. But the unwanted one is really fucking interesting garbage. Goddamn that opera rap.
>>
>>72634779
>most unwanted
>weird, cool, interesting and fresh.

>most wanted
>generic garbage snoozefest

Yeah, that's about right.
>>
>>72634867
...it's not designed to be terrible. It's designed to show that musical elements people dislike can create wonderful compositions.
>>
>>72635124

i always said "joe cocker dry-humping toni braxton while eddie van halen watches"

fun fact: that guitar solo? vernon fucking reid
>>
>>72635572
No shit?
>>
>>72634779
The most unwanted song is a fucking musical journey man. It takes you places.
>>
>>72636983
I actually felt a bit emotional at the end with the girl on the megaphone. It's timed pretty well the chord progressions underneath and the way it ends with everyone singing together and the bagpipes and the opera singer and the girl with the megaphone was really nice.
They did a pretty shit job of making an unwanted song. Should've just put a Boulez piece in instead.
>>
>>72637058
I genuinely really like this. I mean the Wanted song is good by definition, but this thing is honestly pretty deep.
>>
>>72637130
>>72634779

Ok so this is going to sound pretentious and bullshit but the ending of the most unwanted song moved me to tears.

That was my first time hearing it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.