[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Album Wars Which one is better? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: topsters2.jpg (21KB, 740x440px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
21KB, 740x440px
ITT: Album Wars

Which one is better? Why?
>>
>>72634334
I don't know. I have no interest in listening to Swans.
>>
Pablo Honey vs. King of Limbs
>>
>>72634350
Well then you sure have contributed a lot to my thread anon. Thanks a bunch :^)
>>
>>72634369
KoL. T b h I've only heard one song from each, but I like lotus flower more than creep.
>>
>>72634334
The Seer
>>
>>72634334
The Seer is way better. It creates an atmosphere and mood that To Be Kind cant. I find To Be Kind to no fit together like the seer does. However, i know bothing about music so dont lynch me
>>
File: in rainbows vs homogenic.jpg (109KB, 998x498px) Image search: [Google]
in rainbows vs homogenic.jpg
109KB, 998x498px
>>72634334

The Seer. I find it to be way more consistent in quality and prefer its more raw, primal nature compared to TBK's more accessible grooves. Also, nothing on TBK can touch The Apostate.

>>72634369

King of Limbs. I get Fantano's rationale of perceiving it as a speed bump in the band's career as opposed to even a modest debut like Pablo Honey but come on, the loops and polyrhythms were at least a modestly intruiging left turn and the band would use what they did here to more substantial effect on A Moon Shaped Pool, which I found to be absolutely excellent. It's not a major work by any means but it's still more interesting than Pablo Honey as a whole. And while we're on Radiohead, pic related.
>>
>>72634334
To Be Kind is the second worst album Swans has ever made (it's better than Love of Life)
I'll write about it when my episode of diarrhea concludes
>>
I really really like both a lot. What do I do??!
>>
>>72635365
do a barrel roll
>>
>>72635377
thank you sir
>>
File: 9 11 albums.jpg (227KB, 1200x598px) Image search: [Google]
9 11 albums.jpg
227KB, 1200x598px
battle of the "actually it's about 9/11" albums
>>
>>72634369
KoL is the best Radiohead album, maybe after OKC
>>
OK Computer v Achtung Baby
>>
File: img2731.jpg (305KB, 2801x1385px) Image search: [Google]
img2731.jpg
305KB, 2801x1385px
Which one guys
>>
>>72634334
TBK. The Seer (the song) is way too long and stops the album in its tracks and is not interesting enough. Bring The Sun/Toussaint L'Ouverture is stellar in comparison
>>
>>72635365
>>72635377
>>72635382
Back to reddil
>>
>>72634334
Both great, but I have a special connection with The Seer. I'd kill to go back to 2012.
>>
>>72634334
The Seer
Better atmosphere, more variation and The Apostate just shits all over every other song from this era.
>>
succ
>>
Hard mode:
TPAB or GKMC
>>
>>72637548
gkmc
i feel bad for falling for bait
>>
File: 76r9.jpg (126KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
76r9.jpg
126KB, 700x355px
>>
>>72634334
the seer
to be kind is great n all with its grooves, but the seer just shits on it completely with the surreal atmosphere it creates

and as others have previously mentioned, the apostate just can't be topped
>>
>>72634334
To Be Kind. Screen Shot and Bring The Sun/Toussaint L'Ouverture are absolute bangers. The Seer has the same feel but is less interesting.

>>72634369
TKOL by far. I listened to the album the other day, and every single song is gold. A seriously underrated Radiohead record.
>>
The Seer has way better atmosphere but it gets sterile after a couple of listenings.
TBK is more fun and has better replay value.
I'll keep TBK
>>
>>72634334

The Seer > To Be Kind > The Glowing Man
>>
>>72634334
The Seer would be GOAT if it was as sonically powerful as Children of God, but the production makes everything sound kinda soft.

To Be Kind is thicc and the first 3 songs are bangers.
>>
The atmosphere on The Seer is overrated, it is incredible on certain tracks like Lunacy, The Seer and The Apostate but I don't think overall it coalesces into something that heightens my enjoyment of the album to a much greater extent. the 2nd half is far too flawed for that to happen, very few of those tracks stand very strong on their own.

To Be Kind may be a very a very clinical and direct record comparatively, but I think it is way more consistent overall. The song progression on The Seer also doesn't offer up anything mindblowing enough across the album for me to really feel like To Be Kind is missing out.

People in this thread are right about "The Apostate" though, that is their greatest thing they've ever made.
>>
File: jarb.jpg (5KB, 200x53px) Image search: [Google]
jarb.jpg
5KB, 200x53px
Post your face when you realized that Jarboe was the one that wrote the best song in the Swans discography
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.