[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever taken an acoustic guitar to a coffee shop just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Have you ever taken an acoustic guitar to a coffee shop just to noodle or right music ?

??? then got so self conscious that you felt like a total douche and sat there wondering if people think you're that guy. obnoxious guitar guy.

then you dont even play it and tuck your tail between your legs and leave
>>
>>72632663
i meant "write music" not "right music"

dumb shits!
>>
>>72632663
i get douche chills just thinking about it
>>
no because why would you be that fucking guy
drink coffee at home you prick
>>
>>72632698
>>72632699
dat sequence
>>
did you play coldplay's clocks?
>>
Ive played guitar for ten years and never once played it in front of strangers so no. I just bombard my neighbourhood with heavily distorted wailing around 6pm each day when I wake up.
>>
>>72632663
wtf why would you inflict that on random strangers
>>
>>72632663
>then got so self conscious that you felt like a total douche and sat there wondering if people think you're that guy. obnoxious guitar guy.
That makes sense because if you actually did start playing the guitar, you would be obnoxious guitar guy. Even if you were good at it. I mean, IN a coffee shop?
>>
>>72634992
how about the patio in the corner playing to yourself?
>>
>>72632663
Some friends and I do like this "Guitar Friday" thing, where one of us
would take our guitars to college and play whenever we have free time.

I've never played in front of strangers, and sometimes I feel douchy playing in campus, but it feels so good whenever someone comes near and listens or requests a song.
>>
>>72635139
do you go to UT

because some fags do this every friday and I hate them.
>>
>>72632663
What do you feel about those places with public pianos, is THAT okay?
>>
>>72635201
nothing wrong with playing a public piano
bringing a guitar into a place where people might be trying to focus or simply have a conversation is different
>>
Anon's guide to playing guitar in public and the level of douche-dom that comes with it:

>Busking
Not a douche. +0 Douche Points™

>Playing
Sort of a douche. +2 Douche Points™

>Practicing
Total douche, practice at home. +10 Douche Points™

>Writing
Complete and utter douche, no one wants to hear you fumble around searching for a cool sound that you probably won't find. +15 Douche Points™

>Bonus Round!
Add 10 Douche Points™ when playing indoors.
Add 20 Douche Points™ when attempting a song you can't play.
Add 100 Douche Points™ when playing Wonderwall.
>>
>>72635182
Nope. I'm mexican. We don't to it every friday. We do it randomnly, like someone would say "Pizza Thursday", or "Soccer Monday" and it would be it.
>>
I go and play at this castle behind my house with wild peacocks roaming around everywhere. It's quiet and there's hardly ever people there, it's super comfty
>>
Who does this?
It's probably not even legal.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.