[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to start with The Who?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: who.jpg (58KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
58KB, 700x394px
>>
>>72623787
zoot suit
>>
>>72623787
In order tends to be the best way
Their best stuff is stuff like Who's Next and Quadrophenia, but their easiest to get into is My Generation and their early singles. I know I wasn't really about to get into the 70s stuff until I got into the early stuff, so that's what I recommend.
>>
I would start with Live at Leeds.
>>
My Generation (the album) or Tommy
>>
>>72623787
Basically anything from the 60s to the late 70s is solid. Skip the compilation albums.
>>
>>72623787
m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-my g- m-m-m-m-m-my-m-m-my g-gen-gen-gen-g-g-g-gen-generation
>>
>>72623787
I saw them at TD Garden last year.
>>
Start with the singles, then progress chronologically. You may want to skip out By Numbers if you get that far.

If you make it past Who Are You you're ready for the real stuff. 80s Who is true patrician, just very few people realise it.
>>
kind of sad they're still playing shows after singing about wanted to die before they get old. probably didn't envision themselves playing that song at like 80 years old with their leathery skin flapping about on stage. one of these days townsend's arm is going to detach from his body and fly off into the crowd during his windmill guitar thing he does. pathetic. they should just stop playing it's so sad.
>>
literally who
>>
>>72624736
you're literally right
>>
Start with Tommy. One for the good boys
>>
>>72623787
the first two albums when they were mods are the only ones that don't suck ass
>>
>>72624661
Funny story, the first time I heard this song I thought he had a speech impediment.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.