[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell did these guys fall off (popularity-wise) so hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Of Montreal.jpg (215KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Of Montreal.jpg
215KB, 800x534px
How the hell did these guys fall off (popularity-wise) so hard? They were doing really damn well for themselves back from like 2007-2009 and now they're playing small bar venues and selling albums at a snail's pace. What happened?
>>
More reasons not to be gay.
>>
>>72622238
hes not gey. he exploits gay culture to appear edgy and appeal to striaght people who fetishize gay culture
>>
>>72622208
indie/experimental/psychedelic rock died like in 2010 (peaked in 2007). There are many groups that were destined to be superstars at time. Blame memerap.
>>
File: 456.png (18KB, 360x192px) Image search: [Google]
456.png
18KB, 360x192px
oversaturation maybe
>>
You can only repeat the formula so many times before your fanbase catches on and dismisses you altogether
>>
They weren't THAT popular. It's not like they ever got a high Coachella billing or something.
>>
>>72622389
>Repeat the formula
I hate when people say this shit. Paralytic Stalks is nothing like the albums before it, and Lousy With Sylvianbriar is nothing like the albums before that. They're one of the only bands that people criticize simultaneously both for being too same-y and changing their sound too much
>>
>>72622208
when you shit out an album every year they're bound to be mediocre
>>
>>72622607
But PS and Lousy were masterpieces
>>
Paralytic Stalks is amazing.
>>
all that quirky indie shit died the same time. hip hop is your past, present, and future now
>>
>>72623070
>tfw twee pop is never coming back
>>
>>72622286
>gay culture
what the fuck
>>
>>72622286
> straight people who fetishize gay culture

you mean gays in denial?
>>
>>72622208
>>
>>72623101
there's obviously a gay culture. think of the voice affectation, the fashion, "gay" interests and activites etc.
>>
>>72623138
You're all in denial honey.
>>
>>72622208
Afwul "band"

I hope they will disband forever and apologize for making shit """""music"""""
>>
You can't name a single good of montreal song
>>
>>72623101
Have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>72623070
Lol hip-hop is in its grunge era. Just wait for bleeps to take over. Nigggers and white cuck bois.
>>
>>72623101
awww, young /pol/ is sooooo cute!
>>
>>72624692
cringe
>>
>>72624692
Stop posting kid.
>>
>>72624692
wow cringe
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.