[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does David Bowie have any really exceptional music? The only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Does David Bowie have any really exceptional music? The only thing I ever particularly liked was some stuff from Blackstar. And I've dug around.
>>
>>72620082
berlin trilogy
>>
>>72620082
I mean yea, he does. It seems like you're more interested in experimental work. His closest thing to Blackstar as a whole is probably Heroes. The title track to Station to Station is the most similar song I can think of, it feels like the precursor to the title track on Blackstar. Listen to Sons of the Silent Age off of Heroes, see if that strikes your fancy.
>>
>>72620082
1976-1979
>>
The longer I love music and the more I learn about music theory, the more I love Bowie
>>
Low is his best album and if you disagree you are bastard scum
>>
1970-1983, 1995-2016

Here you are, friend
>>
>>72620289
1969-1980*
>>
>>72620082
If you don't find any of the below albums to be "really exceptional" then you just don't like David Bowie:
Ziggy Stardust
Hunky Dory
The Man Who Sold the World
Station to Station
Heroes
Scary Monsters and Super Creeps
And fuck it, I'll say The Next Day and Earthling too
>>
>>72620287
>implying Bowie has a single best album

I seriously cannot justify putting one single Bowie album over the rest. The only thing I can say is that Ziggy is my favorite, but that's because of the personal emotions and memories that come along with it. But to argue that it's his best, I really don't think I could.
>>
>>72620398
>No Outside
>No Low
>No Aladdin Sane

b-baka
>>
>>72620415
his 80s era is really forgettable so i usually exclude those when i recommend any bowie

>>72620426
these are definitely worth listening to. low and outside are two of my favourite bowie albums
>>
>>72620511
Well yea, I could probably choose the 5 best Bowie albums, but just picking one isn't possible.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.