[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gorillaz Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

So, after a couple of listens I think HUMANZ is The Gorillaz worst album. I got to this opinion by realizing that 4 out of the 14 songs (~30%) on HUMANZ were shit tier and none of the other albums have shit songs. Carnival, Sex Murder Party, Hallelujah Money and We Got the Power are just trash.

As a project as a whole, I think they phoned it in. They have a bunch good songs but just 1 music video? A shitty app in place of an immersive website?
Where does this album take place?
What's going on?
Who are all these rappers (in universe)?
Is Russel being possessed again? (Sounds like it on Submission).

I think they should have created a couple more music videos. At least two.
>>
Damon Albarn has been distancing himself from the cartoons since after Demon Days

he and Jamie Hewllet don't really get along
>>
>>72619729
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>72619840
That's a shame, but I get not wanting to be a slave to your success. I would want for them to try to recapture that Demon Days/Plastic Beach formula but if they don't want to do that power to them. I just wish that whatever Damon does outside Gorillaz is as good or better. Sadly, that's just not the case.
>>
>>72619729
What sucks about this album is Gorillaz started out as somewhat of an art project, with Hewlett and Albarn as the co creators, and other artists being featured along with them. With Humanz, it feels like a gimmick, that Albarn uses as an excuse for laziness. It seems like such a cash grab, with no work put in by Albarn or Hewlett, and all the work done by the artists they feature.

Personally I think that Gorillaz should stop now. It seems like the art aspect has been pushed to the side, and I don't think it will get any better. It was a good run, but I'd rather they end now than continue to tarnish what was initially cool and unique.
>>
>>72619729
>So, after reading Pitchforks review I think HUMANZ is The Gorillaz worst album
ftfy
>>
File: wew.png (76KB, 617x239px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
76KB, 617x239px
>>
>>72620191
I've literally never been on Pitchfork in my life. This album just has 4 songs on it that I think suck and the others have 0.
>>
>>72619729
what are some other albums/bands that sound like s/t
>>
>>72620281
This sounds so true. This Gorillaz is dying due to ego. Even the name and cover of the album seems to acknowledge this.
>>
I don't want to hear it again. I really disliked most of it.
>>
>>72620191
Pitchfork gave it the same rating as Demon Days
>>
>>72620424
Anyway, you cant judge and album with only a couple of listenings.
>>
>ordered the deluxe vinyl from their online store
>top of the spine on the book and dust cover came damaged

Fucking cunts, lrn 2 package correctly
>>
>>72620671
maybe YOU can't lul
>>
>>72620671
So you have zero opinion on the album?
>>
>>72620970
Do you?
>>
>>72619729
gorillaz hasn't been good since demon days
>>
>>72619729
>shit tier and none of the other albums have shit songs.
The Fall exists no matter how much you want to ignore it
>but just 1 music video?
2 so far
>>
>>72620671
you can't?
>>
>>72620671
>hurrr durr u ned 2 lissin moar 2 liek et
if the album doesnt capture me the first time through then its not doing a good job is it? same with logics, grade A dissapointment
>>
Humanz isnt as bad as most of you think, I do however that this is the end for Gorillaz.
>>
Even the new Blur album sounds more Gorillaz than HUMANZ
>>
>>72621176
The Fall is at least somewhat inoffensive, and has no flat-out horrible songs. Humanz may have higher highs than The Fall, but it certainly has lower lows.
>>
>>72620281
wow, now this video makes much more sense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arBrHQ9ZuSs
>>
I think the album is shit but I think I like Carnival more than most people seem to which is weird. It's probably like the 4th or 5th best song on the album to me.
>>
>>72622518
swell maps is cool
>>
File: 1442191811906.jpg (58KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1442191811906.jpg
58KB, 1024x768px
>>72619729
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7L0MfhlowU
>>
File: Nudles.jpg (31KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nudles.jpg
31KB, 420x600px
>>72619729
I say most of the songs are just forgettable, the only ones I like/really remember are Hallelujah Money, Ascension, and Andromeda.

It just seems like they didn't care as much with this project, no real image.

>>72622864
iz pretty gud
>>
Bought and listened to all the tracks except bonus tracks yesterday and today..

There is a feeling of things being done in a "speedy" way, I spent most of my time thinking how I'd be like "hey people, chill, take your time", if I was in the recording studio while being played.
Something was wrong with the vibes on some tracks, but maybe it's just me and in a couple of month I'll be thinking "omg they were right i was sooo living in the past"

wall of text ect
>>
>>72624233
>Bought and listened
fuck off shill
>>
>>72622518
;(
>>
fuck drumpf and fuck white people
>>
>>72619729
Eh, I liked Andromeda and liked the 2D parts of Saturnz Barz, but I'd agree that it's not a great album overall.
>>
Anyone else think Damon seems kind of depressed in all the recent interviews?
>>72622518
I think this advert got me into Swell Maps
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.