[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite Dylan album? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: freewheel.jpg (97KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
freewheel.jpg
97KB, 500x452px
What's your favorite Dylan album?
Pic related
>>
File: Bob_Dylan_-_John_Wesley_Harding.jpg (74KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bob_Dylan_-_John_Wesley_Harding.jpg
74KB, 300x300px
>>72615039
>>
also my favourite love talkin blues and I shall be free.
>>
>>72615039
>>
>>72615039
First edition of pic posted
Highway 61 Revisited
Bringing It All Back Home
>>
File: dylan-61.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dylan-61.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
This is the album that got me into Dylan. It is still my favorite
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>72615039
There's a lot of great choices and a few really bad choices among his albums but I can't say Blood On The Tracks isn't the tightest shit
>>
>>72617009
I've never understood this. The lyrics are great, but musically I say that album is so much worse than his earlier stuff.
>>
File: folder.jpg (60KB, 552x550px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
60KB, 552x550px
>GOAT
BonB, Freewheelin, BIABH, Blood on the tracks,

>God tier
Highway 61. Times are a changing, Nashville, Hard rain, Tempest

>Very good tier
Another side of Bob, John Wesley Harding, Slow train, Planet Waves

>Overrated garbage tier
Desire
>>
>>72617125
Desire is great and the best thing he released in the '70s
>>
File: dylan.png (79KB, 466x476px) Image search: [Google]
dylan.png
79KB, 466x476px
Not saying it's his best.
But it is my favorite.
>>
File: 1480626089083.jpg (32KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1480626089083.jpg
32KB, 408x439px
>>72618372
>Producer: Bob Dylan (Bob Dylan's pseudonym)

What did they mean by this ?
>>
>>72618455
Dylan produced it under his Jack Frost alias, just like he co-produced the album before it with Daniel Lanois and just like he produced the albums that came after. Aliases aren't anything new to Bob. You know that's not even his real name, right?
>>
>>72618455
As opposed to Robert Zimmerman? Idfk
>>
>>72618499
I knew he had other aliases but my point was that bob dylan being a pseudonym for bob dylan sounds stupid. The Jack Frost thing makes more sense
>>
>>72615039
It's got to be Highway 61 Revisited. I really love BIABH as well, but H61 has Like A Rolling Stone, Ballad of a Thin Man, and Desolation Row. I'm not sure I know another album with three songs which are that good.
>>
>>72615534
Listened to this for the first time today and absolutely loved it. I'm working my way through Dylan's discog, but I'm keen on finding more stuff like this. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1462289910444.png (840KB, 1029x765px) Image search: [Google]
1462289910444.png
840KB, 1029x765px
>>72615916
>"With God on our side" and right after "One too many mornings"
>>
>>72618881
My personal (and rather safe) ranking of his best albums (and their best songs):

God Tier:
Highway 61 (Like A Rolling Stone, Ballad of a Thin Man, Desolation Row, Queen Jane Approximately, Tombstone Blues)
Bringing It All Back Home (Mr Tambourine Man, It's Alright Ma, It's All Over Now Baby Blue, Subterranean Homesick Blues, Love Minus Zero)
Blonde on Blonde (Visions of Johanna, One Of Us Must Know, Stuck Inside of Mobile, I Want You, Just Like A Woman, Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands)
Blood On The Tracks (Tangled Up In Blue, Shelter From The Storm, Simple Twist of Fate, Idiot Wind)

Top Tier:
Freewheelin (Don't Think Twice, Blowin In The Wind, A Hard Rain, Girl From The North Country, Masters of War)
The Times They Are A Changin (Title track, With God On Our Side, Boots of Spanish Leather, Hattie Carol)
Desire (Hurricane, One More Cup Of Coffee, Sara, Isis)
John Wesley Harding (All Along The Watchtower, I'll Be Your Baby Tonight)
Nashville Skyline (Lay Lady Lay, Girl From The North Country, Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You)
Time Out Of Mind (Not Dark Yet, Make You Feel My Love, Love Sick)

Other great stuff:
Another Side of Bob Dylan (My Back Pages, Chimes of Freedom, It Ain't Me Babe)
Love and Theft (Mississippi, High Water)
Bob Dylan (nice to see his roots, and he has my favourite version of House of the Rising Sun)

There's more out there as well, and he's got some good stuff buried in his bootlegs. Make sure you check out Blind Willie McTell, it's one of his best songs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.