[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Orange Amp Tiny Terror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 61SekEStZbL._SL1000_.jpg (100KB, 1000x689px) Image search: [Google]
61SekEStZbL._SL1000_.jpg
100KB, 1000x689px
So, since I record music at home, in an apartment, I thought maybe this would be nice? I hear it's got that heavy Orange sound.

Also, I want to record directly if possible, I got a Presonus Firestudio Mobile audio interface (your basic FireWire interface, essentially), so can you go from guitar -> Tiny Terror -> audio interface -> DAW? I've heard some people arguing about this online, and they say it can't be done, or you need a DI box, but why is that the case? Is the signal really that quiet?

(for reference, I'm actually running a guitar -> BOSS Blues Driver BD-2 -> audio interface -> DAW right now, and I'm pretty satisfied about how that sounds, believe it or not. Also, I do a lot of electronic tinkering on the DAW so I can add onto the sound more than the usual guitarist just recording his takes.)
>>
No this can't be done with a done tube amp as they need to take a certain load, usually the speaker. So plugging straight into an interface would blow up your amp basically.

You could record record from an amp with an FX loop send but the Tiny Terror doesn't have an FX loop so you'd need a different amp or buy a dummy load box which replaces the load to the speaker and sends it to a small box with a direct out which can be sent to an interface. These are usually expensive though.
>>
The tube will break if it doesn't send the signal to a speaker so you need to get an 1x12 speaker to play it into and a mic to record it.

I said 1x12 too. Take note. 1x10 inch speakers sound tinny.

Tiny terror is great for recording. Tube amps are made to sound good when they are using most of their power. You would never be able to use all the power in a Fender Twin for example because your neighbors would be pissed off.

tiny terror lets you get sweet sweet break up at low volume.

Fender Mustangs have a 'british color' model that is pretty decent if you want to plug right in to the computer without messing around with mics.

You can try out the software for free on their website.
>>
>>72614110
>Tiny terror is great for recording. Tube amps are made to sound good when they are using most of their power. You would never be able to use all the power in a Fender Twin for example because your neighbors would be pissed off.
Well, part of the reason is that I record sometimes at ridiculous hours of the night, so if I use headphones, it's fine, but micing up amps can be a total no go. Also the walls are super thin and I can get complaints from my neighbor above (weirdly, never anyone else) potentially at any time of the day.
>>
>>72613826
Your best bet is to record at night directly into your audio interface with an amp modeling vst and a cab ir sim. You can get a decent sound with that, but! recording directly gives you a dry guitar track that you can then reamp into an amp of your choice when noise isn't an issue.
>>
>>72615034
>amp modeling vst and a cab ir sim
Why use those if you're gonna reamp anyway?
>>
>>72615034
>>72615305
This is what I do. When my band is doing new songs, we'll do demos using plugins for tones and once we get the song/takes perfect we'll reamp them. Ive found that I prefer doing this, basically just playing pre-recorded perfect takes from different members into my pedals/amp as opposed to spending a few days in a studio working around everyone else's schedule
>>
>>72615401
me again

>>72613826
I'll add and say my other guitarist uses one of these and they do sound really good, however he runs it through a halfstack. The tone hes got out of it is really wonderful during performances and recording.
>>72614110
I use a Twin, and it is incredible the difference in tone you get based on the volume. I love the amp but Ive never found a reason to crank it much beyond halfway, and even that is very loud from anywhere in the house. Most good venues want the volume <4
>>
>>72613826
Another option might be something like the AxeFX unit, which are expensive as fuck but basically can run any tone into an interface or DI into a venue sound system. My roommate used to have one, sounded great
>>
Actually, I got one of these Yamaha THR amps (they don't do distorted tones well, but clean is alright)…could you go guitar -> Tiny Terror -> Yamaha THR -> audio interface -> DAW? I'm pretty sure the THR has the correct outputs for that sort of thing, and you'd essentially be using it as a cab for the Tiny Terror…right?
>>
>>72615758
heads and cabs do not work this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTcx-f1PIJU
>>
i use it works great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU8hhtuhNkk
>>
>>72615915
Yeah, that's what I figured.

I haven't watched the video yet, but it seems kind of weird this sort of thing isn't around (amp head -> audio interface converter), I'd imagine there's at least some demand for it beyond just me. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
>>
>>72616114
there is, it's called a loadbox with cabinet simulation and all of them except the expensive digital ones like the two note torpedo series sounds like complete ass
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.