[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-Trump music meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

Is it just me or is all the anti-trump music material coming out sort of lacking. It seems like when Bush was around it was coming out in droves. Additionally most of the music seems to be trying cash in on the edginess of the matter and is overall lamesauce.
>pic related; latest anti-trump music
>>
>>
>>72613655
complaining about politics in music is retarded...
I could write about the human condition and universal themes like love and loneliness and shit... but, instead i'm just going to complain about a politician who will be forgotten in a few decades
>>
>>72613655
To make one of these songs come out as petty. The lyrics are normally weak and end up just being a bunch of 2nd grade insults. Musically it ends up weak because their first thought was "I want to make an anti Trump song" as opposed to letting inspiration for lyrics take over as they were making the music. You can make a song and have an idea of what you want it to be about, but most of these artists set aside the music to make the shitty lyrics. Only good anti Trump song we've gotten is that FDT drill song because it was hilarious.
>>
File: TheRoomPosterGREEN.jpg (24KB, 231x300px) Image search: [Google]
TheRoomPosterGREEN.jpg
24KB, 231x300px
Was it intentional or not?
>>
>>72613791
lmao
>>
>>72613791
the similarities are uncanny
>>
>>72613791
Oh, hi Mark.
>>
File: 1481651242695.gif (4MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1481651242695.gif
4MB, 1000x563px
>>72613655
Because anti-Bush music had the Iraq War to write about, so a lot of the music would end up being anti-war in some way, which has a lot of avenues to expand upon.

Anti-Trump music has absolutely no substance because he hasn't fucking done anything yet. All you get is how Trump is either a big meanie, or an evil racist that's totally going to bring along the Holocaust. And the worst part is that artists will completely exaggerate and sound hysterical, and of course they all sallow the mainstream narrative, which is disappointing. Maybe Kanye might actually make something that's more poignant or dare I say, even positive.
>>
Here's the track list for Hatfield's PussyCat
Track List:

I Wanna Be Your Disease
Impossible Song
You're Breaking My Heart
When You're A Star
Good Enough For Me
Short-Fingered Man
Touch You Again
Sex Machine
Wonder Why
Sunny Somewhere
Kellyanne
Heartless
Rhinoceros
Everything Is Forgiven
>>
>>72615485

>hasn't done anything yet
>24 million of his blue collared Christ Fucker followers are about to die early from lack of healthcare

Lel im about to make an album praising that KFC fat fuck
>>
>>72615648
That's good rhetoric for the Democrat base, but in the 2nd bill, people will be moved to a high-risk pool so that people with pre-existing conditions can still get coverage. Trump essentially still wants the ACA, just with more competition and lower prices. But his base doesn't care, all they're seeing is "Obamacare repealed", not knowing they're gonna get Trumpcare instead.

But make another anti-Trump song, I'm sure it'll be as tasteless as all the others with bait as lame as that.
>>
>>72613791
came here to post this kek
>>
>>72615718
states had high-risk pools before the ACA, they didn't work then and they're not going to work with the $2 in funding the GOP has proposed
>>
File: 1494046970555.png (798KB, 936x878px) Image search: [Google]
1494046970555.png
798KB, 936x878px
>>72613655

Another example.
>>
>>72613715
Jesus Christ. Nig nogs are really corrupting everything
>>
>>72615794
>that's a real lyric
>>
>>72613655
Part of the problem is that Trump changes positions so much it's hard to figure out what to protest against, or even if it's worth it.
>>72613776
Only too true. Come back, Bob Dylan, all is forgiven!
>>
>>72613655
Alot of anti-Trump music is fixated specifically on him, and ignores the greater socio-political sphere that has resulted in not just Trump's presidency, but other things like Brexit as well. Also, most neoliberals don't realise that they're not very different to conservatives; they both support privatisation and government control (neoliberals support the private sector more than modern conservatives do, technically making them more right wing than conservatives). The greatest difference between them is that conservatives want to enforce existing social traditions while neolibs want to enforce a new social tradition. I hate it when liberals consider themselves to be left-wing.
>>
The thing is, Trump hasn't actually acccomplished anything that was properly questionable.
>>
>>72613728
>complaining about politics in music is retarded...
>I could write about the human condition and universal themes like love and loneliness and shit... but, instead i'm just going to complain about a politician who will be forgotten in a few decades

weird, it's almost as if they think it has a greater, more universal meaning that anyone could relate to in any time

are you confused or do you really not understand that extremely basic principle of every song ever written? when a singer is singing about "Lisa" do you think he's implying that the lyrics have zero application to other girls and other relationships?

you would have to be retarded to respond to such a song by saying "WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT LISA DUDE? WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THAT IS. SHE'S PROBABLY DEAD BY NOW"

you guys love having this argument about whether or not politics belongs in music but you always fail to make any meaningful points. truly retarded discussions, every single time. you should just bypass the argument altogether and instead just focus on whether or not particular songs are good protest songs or bad protest songs

without even listening to this i can say that it's going to be absolute trash. trump brings the worst out of women which isn't surprising. if you want to hear juliana hatfield when she was very good then listen to the albums earwig, only everything and hey babe
>>
File: Oh I'm laffin.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Oh I'm laffin.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>72615718
>not knowing they're gonna get royally fucked instead
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.