[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between EDM and IDM?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_munl48uwjV1shcyjro1_500.jpg (212KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_munl48uwjV1shcyjro1_500.jpg
212KB, 499x750px
What's the difference between EDM and IDM?
>>
EDM - Martin garrix, chainsmokers
IDM - Aphex Twin, Autechre
dance music - various house and techno artists
>>
>>72604760
One goes beep boop and the other goes boop boop
>>
>>72604760
It's rather simple you see; one is intelligent and the other is not. I will allow you to put the pieces together for yourself, lol.
>>
>>72604782
*and breaks and jungle and garage
>>
>>72604760

I need these bitches in my sex dungeon pronto
>>
>>72604831
edm is the intelligent one, right?
idm is just random silly nonsense sounds lol
>>
>>72604831
The sad part is some people actually believe this.
>>
>>72604760
holy SHIT that bitch on the right
>>
It's IDM if it's EDM that people get defensive and pissy over when it's called EDM.
>>
stop making these threads
>>
EDM fans get laid IDM fans don't :)
>>
>>72604880
He's not wrong. Look at the people in the OP picture, IDM fans will never dress like that in their lives.
>>
>>72604996
kek
>>
>>72605042
>>72605025
>>
>>72605042
because they're stupid
>>
>>72605042
Women don't listen to IDM
>>
>>72605114
pretentiousness isn't limited to one gender
>>
EDM = n*ggers, sluts, degeneracy, music is treated as a fashion accessory, fans have an iq of less than 5% which is why they can't write long posts (see: /bleep/)
IDM = sophisticated, intellectual, erudite, artistic, modern classical music, fans that know music theory and have written multiple essays analyzing IDM music, will be remembered for years to come (tl;dr - the complete opposite of EDM)
>>
EDM - dance music for healthy, normal society members

IDM - dance music for neckbeard shut-in loser virgin's who think lolsorandum = better
>>
EDM is dance music, IDM is just electronica with a pretentious name.
>>
>>72605158
>>72605222
>degenerate and have gf/sex
>intelligent superiority and forever alone

Which one lads?
>>
all the idm artists hated the name idm because it sounds pretentious.
IDM was just a genre in electronic music, one of many. It predates the corporate monstrosity known as EDM.
Actual electronic music fans just say electronic music.

EDM is a electronic music rebranded and mass marketed to american millennials by venture capitalists who wanted to extract their wealth. Its main fans are frat boy dude bros and Instagram thots
>>
>>72605287
you can have sex without the aid of music
>>
>>72605322
Nobody with a clue says "electronic music", they say techno or house or hip hop or garage or ambient depending what they're talking about.
>>
>British electronic music and techno artists, including Aphex Twin, Cylob, and Mike Paradinas (A.K.A. μ-Ziq), have criticised the term IDM. Paradinas has stated that the term IDM was only used in North America. Criticism is dominated by the use of the term "intelligent" in the genre name, and also often calls attention to the fact that artists working under this name often produce music that is not easy to dance to.

>Allmusic Guide describes the IDM name as

>A loaded term meant to distinguish electronic music of the '90s and later that's equally comfortable on the dancefloor as in the living room, IDM (Intelligent Dance Music) eventually acquired a good deal of negative publicity, not least among the legion of dance producers and fans whose exclusion from the community prompted the question of whether they produced "Stupid" dance music

I mean, idm is better if you are some jew looking to make money, you can expanded electronic music beyond the dude bro festival circuts and into the homes of people who wouldnt normally go outside or listen to electronic music
>>
>>72605276
>EDM is dance music, IDM is just electronica with a pretentious name.
>IDM is just electronica with a pretentious name.
>IDM is just electronica
>electronica
>electronica
>electronica
>'''''''''''''electronica'''''''''''''
>''''''''''''''''''''''''''electronica'''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Thanks, really made me think
>>
>>72604760
What's the difference in EDM and IDM? The women.
>>
>>72604760
one is more intelligenter
>>
EDM: Mainstream dance music, "artists" you'll see headlining the EDC or Ultra mainstage like Chainsmokers, Steve Aoki, Tiesto, etc.; basically house music with catchy pop lyrics inserted.

IDM: Generally more focused on textures and off-beat tempos. This is where guys like Tycho, Shlohmo, and obviously Flying Lotus come into play. It's not necessarily dance music itself, but gets grouped in due to the electronic nature of it's production.

Dance Music: a broad-based term used to describe a wide range of house, techno, drum and bass, dubstep, and other miscellaneous genres.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.