[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>they were rewarded by god >for loving him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>they were rewarded by god
>for loving him
>>
What a worthless thread for a great album
>>
This really needs to be discussed more often, it's really fucking great.
>>
Redpill me on the meaning of the lyrics of 1969 please.
Sounds like inane bullshit imo
>>
>>72602759
It's mostly a reference to Charles Manson and murders and how the 60's movement didn't actually change anything in the world. A deconstruction of a famous murder scene and events that took place during it. The whole albums theme is famous deaths/tragedies and dates of those deaths where applicable.
>>
>>72602872
Okay, that's what I was thinking. I am actually really into the TLB murders and the song says nothing of substance on the subject. "A deconstruction of a famous murder scene and events that took place during it" is far from the truth.

Is the song a good representation of the general sound of the album? Only listened to 1969 for the Manson connection and wasn't too blown away. Is the rest of the album as poppy or more experimental?
>>
>>72602959
Listen to it and form an opinion of your own
>>
>>72603155
Okay, I guess I won't.
>>
>>72602959
>and the song says nothing of substance on the subject
Really? Helter Skelter was written in the wall, moon landing happened close by... Does it have to meticulously describe the murder for it to be about the murders? I'm not sure you really get what poetry is.

> the song a good representation of the general sound of the album?
There's this thing called Bandcamp, where you can pretty much listen to the whole album legally and free and I don't have to form your opinion for you.
>>
>>72603278
God damn it, I'm not asking for opinions. I am asking whether other tracks are more experimental. Plus I am not saying the lyrics are bad or unpoetic, it's just not "A deconstruction of a famous murder scene and events that took place during it".
>>
I'm mostly interested in the meaning behind reverberation, the song i cited in op. Seems to have some sort of religious background
>>
File: sperge.jpg (133KB, 1300x833px) Image search: [Google]
sperge.jpg
133KB, 1300x833px
>>72603432
Sweet summer child, why you so anal ?
>>
>>72603733
I'm really not, just trying to decide whether to add it to my list of albums to listen to or not. I guess I won't though as I take it that 1969 is indicative of the sound of the album as a whole.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.