[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albums that continue to grow on you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Pink Floyd - The Wall.jpg (163KB, 1473x1473px) Image search: [Google]
Pink Floyd - The Wall.jpg
163KB, 1473x1473px
What is an album that you've had for the longest time, that no matter what seems to have a relevant messages for you? For me it's Pink Floyd The Wall I got the album when I was 8 and I'm 20 now and for some reason I never get tired of it. What is an album that does the same?
>>
The Wall's haters are honestly some of the worst kind of haters on this board
>>
>>72598936
Nah, as someone who loves this album, I can totally see how people hate it.
>>
>>72598936
no that would be radiohead haters
>>
Do you like Roger Waters? I've been a big Pink Floyd fan ever since the release of their 1979 album, The Wall. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on The Wall where Roger Waters' presence became more apparent. I think The Final Cut was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on the horrors of war. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding album. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Gilmour, Waters and Wright. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to The Fletcher Memorial Home. In this song, Roger Waters addresses the problems of abusive political authority. Two Suns in the Sunset is the most moving prog song of the 1980s, about nuclear warfare. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Roger Waters' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like The Bravery of Being Out of Range and Three Wishes. But I also think Roger Waters works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

This is What God Wants, Part I, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMRrS_zYKDg
>>
File: 62f13f8a.png (676KB, 648x643px) Image search: [Google]
62f13f8a.png
676KB, 648x643px
I couldn't get through the first minute of this album when I first heard it. But now it's become one of the unofficial soundtracks to my life.

Something about the way it feels like a trip, not like an acid trip (though it is pretty psychedelic), but like riding a riverboat down the river, or ending up in 1920s Hollywood.
>>
>>72598884

On the note of The Wall, The Final Cut took a long time for me to appreciate.
>>
>>72599020
That's the most fedora-tier song I've ever listened to, holy shit.
>>
>>72599020
i actually had sex with roger waters once
funny story
>>
>>72599172

Did he cry afterwards? I imagine Roger is a cryer.
>>
>>72599212
we both did ;(
>>
>>72599020
10/10
>>
>>72599020
https://youtu.be/vzN3qO-qc8U
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.