[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could this be the greatest live album of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: SO FUUUUUCKIIINGGG GOOOOOOD.jpg (281KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SO FUUUUUCKIIINGGG GOOOOOOD.jpg
281KB, 1200x1200px
People of /mu/ if you at all like sufjan stevens then listen to this fucking album, holy fucking christ it's amazing, if you can name a better live album I'll give you siddy dollas.
>>
>Hotline Bling cover
I like the original song and all, but just why, Sufjan? :|
>>
>>72596068
Yeah, that songs not exactly the high point of the album...
>>
I honestly think the live album is better than the original, and i love C&L
>>
I saw him live in 2015 and it is still my favorite concert. Instead of Hotline Bling, we got a bunch of songs from Seven Swans and Illinois on top of everything else (including my favorite, Palisades). Seeing the Blue Bucket of Gold outro live was fucking incredible. One of my favorite music experiences. During this huge wall of noise the lights got really trippy and spacey, and you could tell he was putting so much into it.

I don't know if I could say it was objectively better than the record, as it went for a bipolar grand-maximal-contrasting-with-minimal vibe, as opposed to the pure minimal vibe of the studio version
>>
>>72597069
I saw him in a show just a few days before the one on this album, we got Hotline Bling but also several songs from Illinois, Michigan, and my personal highlights, I Want to Be Well from The Age of Adz

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sufjan-stevens/2015/cobb-energy-centre-atlanta-ga-3f52d03.html
>>
>Could this be the greatest live album of all time?

98.12.28 Otokotachi no Wakare is way better
sorry
>>
>>72596025
>if you can name a better live album I'll give you siddy dollas.
lou reed take no prisoners
>>
>>72597577
This. Double Heads is a contender as well.
>>
File: live albums.jpg (453KB, 1485x950px) Image search: [Google]
live albums.jpg
453KB, 1485x950px
>>72596025
It's definitely up there
>>
>>72597577
/thread
>>
Where can I listen to it?
>>
>>72597955
It's on YouTube and Vimeo dummy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FX34TjJe-c
>>
>>72597864
I liked C&L Live and all but in what world is it better than At Folsom Prison?
>>
>>72598027
That list is barely in any order
>>
File: 1453931620633.jpg (56KB, 495x674px) Image search: [Google]
1453931620633.jpg
56KB, 495x674px
To be fair, Sufjan's recent performances of his songs have always been a beauty to admire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n02eE6cF8kI
This rendition of I Want To Be Well is truly fucking amazing. The synth solo about 3 and a half minutes in just makes me cream my panties every fucking time I listen to it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.