[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they so heavily mocked compared to their peers (Korn,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: limp_bizkit-970x545.jpg (72KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
limp_bizkit-970x545.jpg
72KB, 970x545px
Why are they so heavily mocked compared to their peers (Korn, Linkin Park, Deftones, etc.)?
>>
>>72582736
Because they were unabashed sell-outs from the word go
>>
I think Linkin Park are mocked more but just cause more people know about them
>>72582753
eh, most people who mock nu metal and shit kind of do it just cause other people do it, people don't actually think critically about stuff like that
>>
>>72582736
They were worse and had a front man with a style and personality that is easier to mock.

Deftones hold up pretty well too desu
>>
>>72582736
Because Fred Durst is one of the worst lyricists in human history. His lyrics are embarrassing. Deftones is the only nu metal band that isnt a joke imo. They still make good music. (Gore was meh though)
>>
because instead of having a pathetic yet harmless aesthetic like korn or linkin park, or having over 80 IQs like deftones, they were obnoxiously confrontational which just doesn't work when your music is awful.
>>
You can't compare Korn and Limp Bizkit.
Even though I admit today how poor their music can be and how limited my musical taste was back then, Korn is just one level beyond, just more deep/dark. Also Fred Durst is an asshole
>>
>>72582736
You ever hear Fred Durst speak? Or 'sing'? YEEAAAuuuhh
>>
Limp Bizkit>Korn>Deftones>SOAD>Linkin Park

Limp Bizkit had an obnoxious vocalist, yes, but they had a WAYYY better rhythm section than any of the other bands in terms of executing what they set out to do (make groovy pop metal)

Limp Bizkit also had the most hip hop influence, which is why they're better.

Korn is also decent, and they were good pop songwriters.

I like Deftones on paper but something about their music just leaves me a little unsatisfied. In theory, it should work. "Smarter" ethereal nu-metal, and they definitely have some songs that hit that target, but I often find myself bored by their sound.

SOAD...where to start with that fucking band. Great political lyrics sure, and interesting songs, plenty of GOOD stuff. But can we stop pretending they aren't kind of obnoxious? If I wanted intelligent poppy metal with a bit of wonkiness I'd listen to Faith No More. They just take the spastic part of their music up too much, and really their songwriting, instrumentally, isn't much higher if at all higher than the previous bands mentioned. People just give them more kudos because muh lyrics (which is fair) and they're more eclectic and "random".
>>
Fred Durst sings/raps like a 13-year-old taunting people over Xbox live.

Also Limp Bizkit in their heyday probably had the absolute worst fanbase of any rock group I can think of.
>>
Because Korn and Linkin Park had some decent tunes

Bizkit just has ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
>>
>>72582736
Couldn't say, I've been making fun of Korn for years now (especially their bassist)
Linkin Park is now U2 apparently, which is fine
Saw The Deftones play fairly recently and they look and sound like shit
So, while he may be a joke, Fred Durst probably did second or third best among his nu-rock peers
Then again, Kid Rock...
>>
>>72583829
I saw deftones in august, I thought they sounded great
>>
>>72582736
To be honest I always preferred them. I think they were taking the piss, hell when a contest to name a new dump was running and the suggestion "The Fred Durst Academy for Arts and Culture" got pretty popular he saw the funny side. Limp Bizkit was a special kind of funny bad, Korn and Linkin Park were just plain bad.
>>
>>72583829
>>72583862
Deftones got better live over the years. They were rock bottom during the late 2000's.

Just watch this performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyawNGqIL5Y
>>
>>72582736
Deftones are great, Korn is edgy but aight, Linkin Park made A Thousand Suns.
>>
>>72582831
>Deftones is the only nu metal band that isnt a joke
yeah that just makes them boring as sin. a serious aesthetic doesnt make for better music
>>
>>72583429
they are kind of obnoxious but that's not a bad thing in a genre like that. again, nu-metal was anti-understateness that's what made it good
>>
>>72584139
if your opinion on Deftones is that they're boring, well, that's your opinion.
>>
>>72584203
yes and i am stating it.
>>
Fred did it all for the nookie.
>>
>>72582736
Most because of Fred's persona

The band itself is pretty good, especially Wes
>>
>>72584139
Are we forgetting Slipknot?
>>
>>72582736

they had the worst lyrics, lamest gimmicks, were the most popular, durst rapped like a mentally challenged kid, they are certified douchebags, they are rednecks, durst bragged publicly about fucking Britney Spears.
>>
>>72582736
Because they were the most successful out of all of them.
>>
gosh, i saw deftones live and they were sooooo boring and sounded so muddy. I think we should delet nu metal from history and forget it ever existed
>>
>>72585723
I hope we will eventually forget them completely.
>>
>>72585723
>>72587493
we will probably remember them before we forget them
>>
>>72582736
Because people are insecure about their musical tastes. Like whatever the fuck you want to listen to and be done with it.

All the acts you've mentioned i've listened to in heavy rotation for ages. I still listen to Chocolate Starfish every now and again, it's a fucking fun album.

Deftones are one of my favorites. Not all of their stuff, their earlier stuff I feel was much stronger.

Linkin Park EVERYONE listened to. They're awesome. What more is there to say?

Korn is a give in. They had that heaviest sound at the time. Still super gud to listen to.
>>
>>72582736
because they have ZERO redeeming qualities
>>
Limp Bizkit is garbage but I think their first album is pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDdGrlylcEU
>>
>>72587530
Underrated
>>
>>72583429
Jesus Christ how awful.
Please never post here again.
>>
>>72582736
>Korn
They get heavily mocked.
>Linkin Park
They get mocked more than Limp Bizkit.
>Deftones
They never became as popular as the other bands you mentioned and they abandoned nu metal after White Pony.
>>
File: image.jpg (423KB, 1000x1038px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
423KB, 1000x1038px
Limp bizkit were always the shit stain of the nu metal scene. It was mostly because of then that all of nu metal got a bad reputation
>>
korn's first album is goat
>>
Adrenaline and Around the fur are amazing albums, after that deftones kinda left nu metal, although they still released some great albums after (white pony and self-titled).
Korns fine nothing wrong with them, just not my thing.
Limp bizkit is a joke and linkin park was alright til they got meme'd into oblivion.
>>
The problem with Limp Bizkit is that people take their music too seriously
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.