[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's All Over the Fucking Place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: gayshit.jpg (94KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gayshit.jpg
94KB, 1000x1000px
I mean, it has some god awful stuff like Ascension (one of the worst songs I've ever heard) and then god tier stuff like Charger.

What the fuck is going on with this thing? And the album art is disgusting, are there any good alternatives?
>>
>>72581730
it's like plastic beach if every song was doncamatic
ascension is fine btw
>>
>>72581730
Ascension is a thousand times better than Charger though.

Ascension = banger of the year

Charger doesn't even sound like it's finished.
>>
Out of all the songs to complain about like Murder Sex Party or half of the bonus tracks, you complain about Ascension? Ascension was fine enough. She's My Collar was best though.
>>
>>72581742
It's like that song they did D12 in album form.
>>
>go back to listen to Demon Dayz
>it's shit

fug
>>
>>72581730
I cringe at the hook on Ascension every time
>>
>>72581730
I agree with you. Charger is fantastic and Ascension sucks. Actually wait, Vince Staples in general sucks.
>>
>>72581730

Well, Gorillaz in general are pretty all-over-the-place.

The most cohesive Gorillaz album is frankly The Fall.
>>
>>72582569
Because everything sounds the same on the fall
>>
I don't think it's all over the place at all. Not in terms of quality, anyways. It's astoundingly consistent in its mediocrity. Maybe 3 songs break a 5/10 for me and that's pushing it, even including the deluxe tracks.
>>
File: musiccat.jpg (9KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
musiccat.jpg
9KB, 284x284px
>>72582475

>go back to listen to Demon Days
>it's not as good as you remember but it's still good

I'll take it.
>>
>>72582475
I dont know, I like every song on Demon Days. I dont see Humanz growing on me.
>>
>>72581730
How hard is to accept the red pill that Gorillaz suck? Just eat the fucking pill Neo. Eat it.
>>
I want Miho Hatori back.
>>
>>72583605

I wish Humanz was as good as Hotel Valentine. I'd accept that.
>>
Ascension is great
>>
saturnz barz is the worst fucking gorillaz single ive heard its fucking dreadful
of all the tracks to have popcaan on they chose a dreary sad lifeless beat i cant fucking stand it
>>
>>72583885

I actually quite like the parts that don't pertain to Popcaan but he's not fitting too well on it for sure. I like the Banx & Ranx remix overall considerably more. Just does the whole thing more justice, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3WDCyfio8
>>
>>72581730
>implying ascension is the worst on the album
>implying charger is the best

It's very hard to believe you've actually listened to this.
>>
>>72583885
When Damon starts singing is a 10/10 moment, but yeah the rest of the song is garbage.
>>72583909
This isn't that great because you can tell there's no "artistic vision". I'll take the original over this just because it's far more cohesive. But this remix adds some elements that would appreciated in the original.
>>
>>72582675
same
>>
>>72582022
>banger of the year
I think i just puked inside my mouth a little.
Quit the neuroleptics you joke. Theres a reason to feel insecure before you talk. Theres a reason to suppose oneself that certain phrases dissociate someone with the reasonable rest. Pathetic. Also the song is shit. Its just this slim awful surface no deep pondering, no troubled awful one dimensional post awful pfui ekelhaft pfui and damon albarn could be a 100year old alzheimer case by now. Peace ouht
>>
>>72585009
Quit the neuroleptics you joke. Theres a reason to feel insecure before you talk. Theres a reason to suppose oneself that certain phrases dissociate someone with the reasonable rest. Pathetic.
>>
>>72585030
>>
File: IMG_0521.jpg (50KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0521.jpg
50KB, 640x427px
damn...
>>
>>72585740
is everything tumblr now
>>
As per usual the only good songs are the ones by Albarn and the rest are literally nogs banging kitchenware and hollerin', recording their pot smoking conversations. Why he associates with these types I'll never understand.
>>
>>72582675
this exactly
>>
>>72581730
m8 i think you have your opinions backwards. charger is the worst song on the album and ascension is the only one that's good

fuck this album btw
>>
>>72585769
only the niche and tasteless is
>>
>>72585771
I want to correct myself, they aren't good songs just acceptable. I don't feel like putting a gun in my mouth the stop the noise like I do for the others.
>>
>>72585895
is everything you don't like tumblr now
>>
>>72582022
They both fucking suck

Only songs worth a damn are Saturnz Barz, Andromeda, Busted and Blue, She's My Collar and The Apprentice. Momentz and Let Me Out are almost good.
>>
>tfw I like every song in the album
y-your loss
>>
>>72581742
Doncamatic is great the fug you on about
>>
>>72586872
>Doncamatic is great
so is Humanz :^)
>>
File: 6745646.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
6745646.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>72586835
Not really. I like every single too for different reasons for all of them, besides CoFz, I deleted that horse shit.

Good album but too many people being "offended" or "too hurt dat not much 2D single songs are der". Like fuck off lol
>>
>>72587008
Same /mu/tant here, not really his loss*

We both are most likely enjoying life listening to it all compared to a bunch of you babies lmao
>>
>>72587008
>>72587025
Why come to a thread to discuss an album if all you want to hear is "The album is great! All the songs are perfect!"?
>>
>>72587143
The people complaining on /mu/ about the album can be a Bit fucking autistic in the worse way possible.
>>
File: dog shit.png (263KB, 540x939px) Image search: [Google]
dog shit.png
263KB, 540x939px
>>72581730
Gorillaz sold out, of course.
>>
>>72581730
If you get the idea of the album and listen its a really good album. Im not a fan of sex murder party or ascension but I dont hate them, overall id say its an 8/10 but because the hype was insane you get retards like anyother form of media that was hyped (MetalGearSolid5)
>>
>>72586791
Basically this with the addition of Strobelite and Ticker Tape.
>>
It's not that bad.
>>
>>72582022
anybody who uses the word "banger" to describe a song should be permabanned from this board
i swear to god nothing pisses me off more than somebody liking a song because of how accessible it is
>>
>>72587523
If they sold out it must've been a long ass time ago
>>
>>72589430
>clearly doesnt bang
>>
>>72587523
>fucking Snoop Dogg on last album

Yeah but this is selling out?
>>
>>72589430
>nothing pisses me off more than somebody liking a song because of how accessible it is
Calm your autism anon means it's lively and exciting to listen to
NO FUN ALLOWED
>>
>>72581730
My favorite song so far is Submission. Fucking love it.

The more I listen to the album the more I like it. This happened with Plastic Beach blah d fucking blah.......

Gorillaz could release three hours of auto tuned dog farts and I'll still fucking eat it up.
>>
>>72581730
After listening to older albums all day I have to agree. I think the main issue with this album is it's boring. Not boring as in I feel bored listening to it, but none of the songs have an personality or invoke a feeling through instrumentals which is the biggest flaw in my opinion. It's all decent music, but I've always enjoyed Gorillaz for putting me in an abstract space of thought but still being accessible enough to call pop music.

Listen to this song https://youtu.be/6LDEm8mC-Nw
and notice how it evolves over time so there's no mistake of the dread hanging onto it while the lyrics are disconnected from our own world.
The newer album is so centered around our modern issues and the real world and sound. It's just stacking generic sounds over each other to add some quirkyness to the tracks
>>
Everything except S tier is in no particular order

>S Tier
Elevator Going Up
She's my Collar
Out of Body

>A
Strobelight
Ascension
Charger
Ticker Tape
Let me out
Saturnz Barz
Submission
Andromeda
Busted and Blue

>B (Growers)
Carnival
Hallelujah Money
Momentz
The Apprentice

>C
Halfway to the halfway house
Circle of Friendz
Sex murder party
We got the power

There are some good songs on this album, but even with the addition of interludes, the album itself falls short, which is often gorillaz's strong point.
>>
>>72582022
I can't really say Charger is that bad, but god damn if Ascension isn't fucking good.

What is it with these bangers that have such fucking memorable first few lines?

>You are now tuned in to the tomb of Jehova
>>
>>72582675
>fall in love in middle school
>le too good for this i'm not a pleb in highschool phase
>go back and realize it's really good pop in college

very good, not god tier obvs
but p great
>>
File: 2DD.jpg (64KB, 924x727px) Image search: [Google]
2DD.jpg
64KB, 924x727px
Out of Body sounds like people that are going to be dancing till they literally die. Like those small stories back way when like 3 times, of people just dancing, till death.

Can't get this idea out of my head now with the lyrics...
>>
>>72591233

Can I just say Out of Body sounds like it came straight out of Jet Set Radio Future
>>
File: kek.gif (2MB, 450x371px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2MB, 450x371px
>he liked ascension, saturn barz or submission

PLEBS
>>
>>72592385
To me it sounds like a fucking ritual.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.