[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the appeal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: download.png (3KB, 109x109px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 109x109px
I've only listened to the first half of californication a few years ago and I liked it, but then I got bored about midway through.
I'm considering revisiting the band but I'm not sure if it's worth the time.
>>
if you have a deathwish, go ahead #rhcp
>>
>>72579267
80s albums are basically funk punk
BSSM is funkier, great one
OHM more psychedelic, great one
Californication, im not very high on this but it has its moments.
By The Way, a more melodic Californication, good.
Stadium Arcadium is too fucking long, some good songs but 2 hours is exhausting. Frusciante does whatever he wants with his guitar here.
There is no special appeal, they have made good pop songs for a long time and are famous because of it.
>>
File: flea's neck.jpg (2MB, 1720x1290px) Image search: [Google]
flea's neck.jpg
2MB, 1720x1290px
It's fun. It's always struck me as very "cool" music, in that sense of like, "cool, bro! yeah!"
The singles are very consistently good, the album songs are a little more hit-and-miss but still some gems. as already mentioned, BSSM is really really good, it's pretty long but super consistent and enjoyable.
Also, the Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie is F U N K Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtBbinpK5XI
>>
>>72579267
If you cut out half of Stadium Arcadium you have an unironically very good record
>>
>>72579267
RHCP is my favorite band from my teen years. Flea inspired me to play bass and the first book I have ever read in english (im portuguese) was Anthony Kiedis "Scar Tissue" so I'm kind of a biased person to talk you about their appeal.

I think what Chris Rock said at their induction cerimony at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is pretty accurate: "They play happy music, but a kind of happy that you had to be sad first to understand and appreciate that happiness."
>>
>>72579267
The singles.. If you grew up in California like myself. You were bombarded with their singles on the radio 24/7
>>
>>72579267
Listen to Blood Sugar Sex Magik. It's utterly incredible. Sir Psycho Sexy is their absolute best song.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with One Hot Minute
>>
>>72579267
They're like the modern day Aerosmith: a band that's been around for so long they were bound to start racking up hits.
>>
File: 1463104316161.jpg (29KB, 476x357px) Image search: [Google]
1463104316161.jpg
29KB, 476x357px
sure is middle school in here
>>
>>72579267
Their albums have always been hit or miss
>>72582166
Hi Mike
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.