[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the consensus on this album here (and Amy Winehouse in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: amy-winehouse-back-to-black.jpg (258KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
amy-winehouse-back-to-black.jpg
258KB, 2048x2048px
Whats the consensus on this album here (and Amy Winehouse in particular)?

I thinks it's pretty good and Winehouse strikes me as one of the better widely popular artists of the past 11 or so years. She has a great / unique voice, wrote her own songs (which most importantly are pretty good - and also honest), and she clearly had somewhat of a cultural impact (as there were an emergence of similar artists in her wake - see Adele, Duffy, etc...).
>>
The album is hit and miss. The hits were stuff like Tears Dry On Their Own, Rehab, Me and Mr Jones but she couldn't always recreate that magic. A shame she completely cracked after this album too.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Back to Black [Universal/Republic, 2007]

Pray her marriage lasts--she's observant, and it would broaden her perspective ("You Know I'm No Good," "Rehab"). **

Frank [Universal, 2007] *bomb*
>>
My opinion is that she is dead
>>
I like it a lot, but I can tell that if I were English, the probably overwhelmingly trashy chav whore lyrics would put me off it.

I can just tell, you know? Like "shit dude, if I were English, this would sound like some trashy shit."

But I'm not English so it sounds edgy and cool.
>>
F
>>
>>72557178
Sounds like you have unresolved issues with women.
>>
>>72557214
Okay, take "You Know I'm No Good." I'll translate it from English to American.

English:

Meet you downstairs in the bar and heard
Your rolled up sleeves and your skull t-shirt
You say "What did you do with him today?"
And sniffed me out like I was Tanqueray

American:
Meet you down the road in a bar and seen
Your rolled up sleeves and your muddy jeans
You say "So did Jeff get you hot?"
And take me down like I'm a whiskey shot.

If you switch out the English cultural references for American ones, these are some trashy-ass lyrics.
>>
>>72557280
It also sounds like you have unresolved issues with Americans.
>>
>>72557310
I guess, in the sense that I'm an American who just admitted that he haa less tolerance for songs about boozin' and cheatin' on your man when they're made by my fellow Americans.

Getting wasted on gin and sucking off a British guy just seems classier than chugging bourbon and blowing some guy named Tyler. You know it's true!
>>
Should have gone to rehab.
>>
I like it. I like Amy Winehouse. She joined the 27 club and the world lost another great talent too soon.
>>
She was okay but that doesn't matter since she joined the 27 club and will be forever romanticized.

RIP Amy Wienerhosen 1889-1945
>>
I like that album quite a bit, it's infectious R&B Pop that is pretty melancholy and lovelorn without coming off too saccharine.
>>
>>72558113
>okay

bit more than that, very talented. have a lot of respect for her for making her own success in an industry filled with manufactured pop music. produced her own stuff and sent demos out to labels the old school way.
>>
>>72557310
kek
>>
Pretty good
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.