[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albums that should be better, but were ruined by mastering?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: MisterAsylum.jpg (142KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MisterAsylum.jpg
142KB, 300x300px
Albums that should be better, but were ruined by mastering?
>>
Obligatory
>>
File: 5f254a9f.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5f254a9f.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
i wouldn't say ruined but damn man they made it too fucking tight
>>
>>72551721
:(
>>
>>72551687
Everything that Megadeth remastered, the fucking sound of the drums is too awful
>>
>>72551764
Have you ever seen them play any of those tracks live? Because they don't sound very different. There literally isn't one single thing wrong with the mastering on that album.
>>
>>72551873
Was going to post this next. I don't know how they managed to accomplish that. It sounds amateur.
>>
>>72551764
>>72551912
I'm listening now, I'll tell you what I think it sounds like on a pair of 2020s
>>
File: mista thug isolation.jpg (293KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mista thug isolation.jpg
293KB, 1000x1000px
vocals are so outta wack and someone is gonna tell me thats the point
>>
>>72551912
you're right, i haven't heard built to spill live, and it's just my opinion. when i listen to this album on my cans every sound seems to be equally loud and it feels too crowded for my taste.
>>
>>
everything up until now by the standards of the future XD
>>
>>72551980
>>72552108
>>72551912
I just listened to the first three tracks, and this is definitely a casualty of loudness. All you need to do is play carry the zero at 4 minutes in.

It's not the worst offender, but they definitely went a little overboard on the comrpession
>>
>>72551687
Do you mean the mastering or the mixing?
Because you can't say a mastering is bad unless you have heard the master tape
>>
>>72552209
No, you can clearly tell when a song has been overly mastered. When it's done right it's impossible to tell, but it's usually clear when mastering has fucked it up. Note this is only really the case when you listen to the album as a whole. Of course, the negatives could be attributed to mixing as well, but for the most part the mastering mistakes are clearly mastering mistakes. This is most easily seen by observing the dynamics of the album, or the eq of an entire frequency [range]. (not a single instrument)
>>
>>72552284
I said "when a song has been overly mastered" I meant to say album.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.