[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greatest British bands powerrankings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 11

File: rollingstonesartistguide-1200.jpg (247KB, 1200x480px) Image search: [Google]
rollingstonesartistguide-1200.jpg
247KB, 1200x480px
Greatest=/=best.

1 Rolling Stones
2 Beatles
3 Led Zeppelin
4 Pink Floyd
5 Queen
6 The Who
7 Black Sabbath
8 The Clash
9 The Kinks
10 Cream
11 Genesis
12 The Police
13 Yes
14 Iron Maiden
15 The Police
16 Deep Purple
17 Dire Straits
18 Radiohead
19 Sex Pistols
20 Judas Priest

Prove I'm wrong.
>>
File: 1412453000647.png (120KB, 387x357px) Image search: [Google]
1412453000647.png
120KB, 387x357px
>>72546331
>Sex Pistols
>1 Rolling Stones
>Queen
>>
File: not an argument.jpg (230KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
not an argument.jpg
230KB, 598x792px
>>72546352
>>
>The Smiths
>The Jam
>Oasis
>Stone Roses
>The Cure
>>
>>72546331
>rock

Dad please
>>
>>72546331
>no oasis
>no Pulp
>no This Heat
>no The Slits
>no Seefeel
>no Wishbone Ash

how pleb

baka
>>
>>72546366
>>72546376
>unironically mentioning bands from the 80s and 90s
>>
File: 1408373247555.gif (307KB, 200x100px) Image search: [Google]
1408373247555.gif
307KB, 200x100px
>>72546399
>dude it's good because it's OLD
>>
>>72546420
No, but 80s/90s are dreary times for music in UK. If you don't think so, you're a pleb.
>>
File: stew.jpg (9KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
stew.jpg
9KB, 276x183px
>>72546331
Do the Police count? Stewart Copeland is American. Also you have them twice.
>>
>>72546441
As opposed to 2000s onwards?
>>
>>72546471
No, it's shit as well.
>>
>>72546441
>calling people plebs while listing essential overrated dadrock as the best british music of all time
you even managed to miss out on good dadrock artists like The Zombies
>no The Smiths
>no The Cure
>no Siouxsie and the Banshees
>no Joy Division
>no Oasis
>no This Heat
>no Stone Roses
>>
>>72546460
>Stewart Copeland is American.
Mercury is African. :^)
>>
>>72546490
>overrated
>"dadrock"
>you even managed to miss out on good dadrock artists like The Zombies
The Zombies is shit though.
The only good bands you mentioned are The Cure and Joy Division. The rest is mediocre or utterly garbage, like The Smiths and Oasis.
>>
>The Jimi Hendrix Experience were formed in London

Can we claim Jimi?
>>
>>72546376
>no The Fall

baka
>>
>>72546518
>The Zombies is shit but Stones, Queen, Dire Straits and fucking Sex "we can't even play our instruments" "we are literal industry plants" "a boy band in worn jeans" Pistols are among the greats
delete your thread and start again junior
>>
>>72546552
>I have listened only one or two albums of some artists and I don't intend to listen to any other because they look "old"!
The only junior here is you, son.

>Sex "we can't even play our instruments" "
I don't like Sex Pistols as well, but I was talking about greatness. If you can't see why they are the GOAT Punk band along The Clash, you're more plebean than I thought.
>>
>>72546604
>I have listened only one or two albums of some artists and I don't intend to listen to any other because they look "old"!
why are you making stuff up? when did i say this?

Ramones >>>>>>>>> The Sex Pistols
both in music and in terms of music and æsthetics
>>
1 4hero
2 The Prodigy
3 Jamiroquai
4 Smoove + Turrell
5 The Orb
6 Underworld
7 Orbital
8 Autechre
9 Happy Mondays
10 Primal Scream
11 Skeewiff
12 Madness
13 UNKLE
14 Portishead
15 FSOL
16 Ruff Squad
17 The Beatles
18 The Beautiful South
19 Blur
20 N-Dubz
>>
>>72546634
You didn't, but your lack of knowledge and education showed it.

>Ramones >>>>>>>>> The Sex Pistols
>Ramones
>he actually thinks Ramones is Punk
Ok, I give up. You haven't listened enough music and is still on high school.
>>
>>72546661
>im just gonna stop arguing
lmao
if the ramones are not punk what are they then grandba?
>>
>>72546331
>No oasis
>No The smiths
>No the cure

Lad...
>>
>>72546684
Their polished, comertial sound? Their first album is almost punk, but than they become at best Punk Pop. And I'm being generous.
>>
>>72546754
>comertial
am i arguing against a child? their first album literally defined the punk sound and they preced the pop-punk genre by years
>>
>>72546331
By your own definition of greatest not equalling best then you have to include the following whether you like them or not

>Oasis
>Coldplay
>Duran Duran
>Fleetwood Mac
>Depeche Mode
>etc. etc.
>>
>>72546788
>their first album literally defined the punk sound
No? There was more proto-punk than Punk on that album. More punky than anything they made after, but still far from "define the punk sound", something that The Clash s/t/ and NMTB HTSP.
>>
>>72546840
>album was proto-punk but did not define the punk sound
did you even read your own post?
>>
The Ramones were just glam rock too pussy to dress up.
>>
>>72546860
According to your post The Stooges s/t was more important than them as well.
>>
>>72546895
when did i say this?
>>
1) New Order
2) Genesis
3) Black Sabbath
4) Roxy Music
5) Yes
6) Judas Priest
7) The Smiths
8) The Fall
9) Portishead
10) The Beatles
11) Siouxsie and the Banshess
12) The Sisters of Mercy
13) Fleetwood Mac
14) Massive Attack
15) Joy Division
16) The Zombies
17) The Police
18) The Rolling Stones
19) Pet Shop Boys
20) The Kinks
21) Deep Purple
22) The Cure
23) Underworld
24) Depeche Mode
25) Autechre
>>
>>72546906
If proto-punk can define punk (even though the album was not near as punk as some others) The Stooges made it before
>>
>>72546661
>he actually thinks Ramones is Punk
prove me what's punk fag
>>
>>72546927
shit I forgot King Crimson

put it at #5

and put Suede at #25

there's a lot of fucking British bands
>>
>>72546331
That's blatantly incorrect, though its pretty obvious that you are trolling. Queen have never fielded out a single above-average album and has contributed through radio-friendly singles rather than albums (not that there is anything wrong with that, though you could only fill one album with their greatest songs and it still wouldn't be anything significant). The Sex Pistols should not be on the list at all, whilst no doubt influential they were musically inept and failed to produce an album of quality, frankly, John Lydon's subsequent venture in Public Image Ltd. produced far more content than the Sex Pistols did and with much higher quality, with Metal Box/ Second Issue being regarded by some critics as the ur example of post-rock -and even then Public Image Ltd. nosedived in quality with the loss of Keith Levine and Jah Wobble, releasing generic, overproduced albums after Flowers of Romance with nothing else to write home about. The Police aren't anything special by any stretch of the imagination either.

Furthermore, the Rolling Stones whilst a great band lack consistency and have produced numerous duds, the same applies to Pink Floyd & Yes (the former should be knocked down at least a couple of rankings in addition to being hideously overrated). Radiohead whilst also overrated is ironically more deserving of a higher spot than most of the bands on the list and should certainly climb up to the 8th spot. The Clash aren't anything in particular either. Personally I'd say a great ranking would be (based on no. albums released, album consistency and influence) would be;
1. The Beatles. (inb4 "the fact that..." yes they are overrated though there's not really another argument without venturing into contrarianism, convince me otherwise by all means).
2. XTC.
3. King Crimson.
4. Radiohead.
5. The Fall.
6. The Kinks.
7. Genesis.
8. The Who.
9. The Rolling Stones.
10. Wire.
11. Talk Talk.
12. The Cocteau Twins.
13. Spiritualized.
14. The Cure.
>>
>>72546938
>genre lables define music history
googlebabby please
>>
>>72546331
1 pink floyd
2 stones roses
3 rolling stones
4 cream
5 radiohead
6 blur
7 zeppelin
8 pistols

/thead
>>
>>72546957
OH FUCK! XTC!

And Cocteau Twins!
And that reminds me: Prefab Sprout

ok fuck my list I need to go back to the drawing board
>>
>>72546957
Cont. Keep in mind that we are specifically stating rock bands, so trip-hop a la Massive Attack and electronic such as Autechre are prohibited.
15. Slowdive.
16. Yes. (they get shafted somewhat due to they're inconsistency).
17. Pink Floyd.
18. Belle & Sebastian.
19. Bark Psychosis (lose out massively due to how short their discography is).
20. New Order.
>>
Wait, do we mean British bands or ENGLISH bands? Cuz if it's British bands then I have to start all over again because of Scotland.
>>
Beatles are probably the greatest, they are just too popular considering they have only produced like 2
new songs since 1969.
>>
>>72547028
>we are specifically stating rock bands

Why? OP never said rock only.
>>
>>72547028
why is New Order rock then
>>
>>72547044
All the albums listed were essentially rock. And frankly it would take much more effort if we were to factor in electronic (you can't really compare such with rock after all, and electronic artists tend to field out far more albums with more consistency, giving Aphex Twin & Autechre especially an unfair advantage. And I wouldn't really know what to do with Portishead desu).

>>72547049
Because whilst synthpop they still incorporate elements of rock in their sound, especially in their earlier albums, they never fully transitioned into being electronic and feature guitars/ bass and very strong drumming in all of their tracks, I'd argue them to be closer to XTC than Massive Attack, ya' know?
>>
File: disagree.jpg (104KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
disagree.jpg
104KB, 736x552px
>>72546957
>The Police aren't special
> Your number 2 XTC opens for the Police
>The Police knock MJ off number 1 ten years before Nirvana does it and gets proclaimed the band of the 90's
>>
>>72546331
Define "greatness".
>>
File: definitelymaybe.jpg (18KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
definitelymaybe.jpg
18KB, 220x220px
where dis
>>
>>72547478
The Police and XTC are both great, underrated-on-/mu/ bands.
>>
>>72547478
Popularity means virtually nothing in regards to music, even the more obscure artists often end up more influential than those who "make it", so the fact the The Police managed to get a no.1. Means nothing to me. Keep in mind that they made half as many albums as XTC (and I'm not even a fan of the latter) and without any notable masterpieces. I could have put Joy Division on the list as they've enjoyed recent popularity and have had a far greater influence than the Police, though the whopping two-albums-and-a-few-compilations doesn't cut it for me, XTC have BOTH quality and quantity, whereas the Police only have quality. Slowdive get props for they're influence on shoegaze and for making three of the best albums of the 90's, not just three really good albums. Not to discredit the Police, I've sang many of their tracks on Singstar when I was a kid. Hope that clears things up.
>>
>>72547610
*their.
>>
>>72547610
Not the guy you're arguing with but

In 2004, Rolling Stone ranked the Police number 70 on their list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time,[75] and in 2010, the band was ranked 40th on VH1's 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[76] Four of the band's five studio albums appeared on Rolling Stone's 2003 list of the 500 greatest albums of all time: Ghost in the Machine (number 322), Reggatta de Blanc (number 369), Outlandos d'Amour (number 434), and Synchronicity (number 455).[77] In the magazine's 2004 list of the 500 greatest songs of all time, "Every Breath You Take" ranked number 84 (the highest for any song by a new wave band), and "Roxanne" ranked number 388. "Message in a Bottle" ranked number 65 in the magazine's 2008 list of the 100 greatest guitar songs of all time.[78] The Police are typically regarded as in both the vanguard of the Second British Invasion, and the new wave movement.[1][79]

Like, that's just wikipedia, and I know you're gonna go

>implying Wikipedia has any merit
>implying Rolling Stone is relevant

but I think you're being incredibly unfair to the Police.

You start with the premise that "popularity means virtually nothing" then go on to elevate how influential an artist is even though that's just as arbitrary. Then you make the completely unfounded claim that the Police weren't influential and didn't completely anticipate the Afro-Caribbean sound of 80's new wave. Then you go on to say that the band that gave us Synchronicity has no masterpiece albums.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but you don't get to just arbitrarily set up the rules of the game to say "fuck the Police" then pull the rug out from under the Police when they're still a great band even under the skewed rules.
>>
>ctrl-f "new order"
>3 results, 1 of them not a list
why? i thought they were both popular and good
>>
>>72547770
Look, I only remember what little I've heard of them amounting to the odd single and Every Breath You Take, which for me wasn't really anything substantial, I've took a little gloss through their album ratings on Wikipedia (half-assedly, I'll admit) and that's the conclusion I came to, believe me, if I'd listen to their albums then I'd probably rank them for all I know, though I know nothing about the Police and prior to briefly reading up about them thought they were some synthy boy-band from the late-80's. No doubt I'm wrong though you have to understand that I can't just womp them in without knowing what on Earth I'm ranking exactly. Most of the albums I ranked in my top 20 list had nothing to do with personal preference (or half of them wouldn't be on there) but were mostly based on bands that I knew released several albums and were that are highly acclaimed and influential (which, say what you will, means a lot more than being popular if numerous bands pay tribute to you and incorporate your style into their brand of music).

And I wouldn't snub Wikipedia of any merit, its not as if I have any myself, this was more something I figured I'd do for fun, if I had my way New Order would be in the top 5. Of course I do think that Rolling Stone is at time unreliable though again they've also ranked the other bands I listed in their greatest albums of all time and I'd assume songs too. Look, as far as I'm aware I didn't screw any rules, rather a lack of knowledge on my part for which I apologize, seriously, I thought they were a fucking boy-band. Again, apologies for coming off of an unapologetic retard, I'll go listen to Synchronicity in an hour or so, though surely New Order is not the more influential synthpop group, or Depeche Mode? Human League? I probably wouldn't rank them in regardless based on quantity, though I suppose its worth a look into.
>>
>>72546471
You have 10 seconds to name a rock band from the last 25 years that is both critically acclaimed and culturally relevant. Please note that commercial success is not synonymous with cultural relevance.

Impossible Mode: No Nirvana.

Oh wait, you can't.

R.I.P Rock

Please note:
>The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Queens of the Stone Age, The Mars Volta, Franz Ferdinand, The Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, Bloc Party, The Libertines, Blur, Pulp, Suede, and Interpol are not culturally relevant, as they have had no real cultural impact. You're not going to hear their music being played at a high school dance or have a large number of normies sharing them on Facebook or in the future remembering them the way you would a contemporary artist who actually has made a cultural impact (e.g. Beyonce, Kendrick, Kanye, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber)
>Jack White is not a culturally relevant artist. Seven Nation Army may be a culturally relevant track but having only one culturally relevant track indicates a lack of longevity and thus a lack of cultural relevance as artists.
>Weezer only have one critically acclaimed album and it came out 23 years ago.
>Muse, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Tool, Kings of Leon, The 1975, Alt-J, The Black Keys, Pearl Jam, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Blink-182, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Mumford & Sons, and Red Hot Chili Peppers are not critically acclaimed.
>The Flaming Lips, Sufjan Stevens, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala, The National, The Hold Steady, Dinosaur Jr, Deerhunter, Mac DeMarco, Porcupine Tree, Beach House, Ween, Titus Andronicus, Bon Iver, Pixies, Spoon, Pavement and Modest Mouse are far too niche to be considered culturally relevant. This is also true for all metal.
>R.E.M., Bruce Springsteen, and U2 have not been critically acclaimed in the last 25 years.
>LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead and Arcade Fire are not rock bands
>>
>>72548373
How about Neutral Milk Hotel?

Not even memeing.
>>
All these GOAT-bands, what does 'Murica' have actually?
>>
>>72548583
The Doors
Beach Boys
Credence Clearwater Revival
Aerosmith
Kiss
>>
1 country teasers
2 the fall
>>
>>72548373
how is arcade fire not a rock band?
>>
>>72548635
First three are pretty good, but if that is all in comparison to UK bands, then the USA should be ashamed.
>>
>>72548583
Green day, Foo fighters, Nickelback, Creed, Pearl Jam.
>>
>>72548705
Murrica still have many solo Rock GOAT artists, like Chuck Berry, Elvis, Little Richard, Santana, Jerry Lee Lewis, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix (yeah, I know) Bruce Springsteen among others.
>>
You forgot Yes. I don't think Cream need to be that high either.
>>
>>72548583
The Allman Brothers through Brothers and Sisters were a fantastic studio band and a legendary live band.
>>
>>72548754
Thats more like it.
>>
>>72548776
What is number 13?
>>
>>72548373
>Radiohead isn't rock
>>
>>72546873
>Ramones
>glam rock

They sound nothing like glam rock
>>
>>72549745
Neither like Punk Rock. :^)
>>
>>72549766
How do the Ramones not sound like punk rock? They literally helped defined the sound of punk. Every punk band that came after basically did the same thing the ramones did. Play simple barre and power chords fast.
>>
Throbbing Gristle is the number one and you all know that

Their hit single "Zyklon B Zombie" even went to the top of the israeli dance charts years later

Their influence is remarkable
>>
>>72549833
That's a funny way of saying The Stooges, anon.
>>
>>72549938
That's why I said "helped" anon :^)
>>
You forgot the Stone Roses retard
>>
>>72546374
DADDY PLEASE
>>
>>72546331
>Sex Pistols even being on such a list
>>
>Iron Maiden above radiohead
Nigga what
>>
>>72546519
No you can just claim the nerds who backed him up
>>
>>72548373
I'm actually impressed that your post could be that long and have nearly every single word be factually inaccurate.
>>
>>72548373
OK computer was pretty fucking relevant and also definitely rock so I don't see why you would exclude Radiohead
>>
>>72546331
1. Beatles
2. Clash
3. Jam
4. Stones
5. Floyd
6. Kinks
7. Zombies
8. XTC
9. Who
10. Zeppelin
>>
>>72549833
Not all punk is primitive power chords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcK5Go8CzRc
>>
Am I really the only fan of Wallace Collection here?

And The Kinks are criminally underrated.
>>
>>72548583
Allman Brothers band, CCR, Velvet Underground, Beach Boys, Talking Heads, Pixies, Big Star, Sonic Youth

If we're doing solo artists then you could also include:
Bob Dylan, Iggy Pop, Elliot Smith, take your pick of any of the greatest Jazz drummers/guitarists/singers
>>
>>72550093
>all metal from the last 25 years is far too niched

I don't really see how Tool is a niche band, the guys have more scrobbles on last.fm than fucking Black Sabbath and Judas Priest, and they are one of the very few bands that had never made a bad album.
>>
>>72550106
I feel like if "Greatest" encompasses greatest impact, Zeppelin should be at 3 in your list
>>
>>72550146
Sorry, guess Wallace Collection shouldn't really count as the members were Belgian, but I believe they were formed in, recorded in, basically came from Britain as the entity Wallace Collection.
>>
>>72548373
>>The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys
>>not culturally relevant
top giggle

>You're not going to hear their music being played at a high school dance or have a large number of normies sharing them on Facebook or in the future remembering them the way you would a contemporary artist who actually has made a cultural impact
Have you never been to a party you literal basement dweller? Arctic Monkeys are incredibly popular at them, and not just AM. The older albums too.
>>
>>72546552
>shitting on the stones
"no"
>>
>>72550211
>>The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys
>>not culturally relevant
That's one of the very few points he was correct though. No "indie" or "alternative" band is culturally relevant, they are just popular at best among teens and plebs.
>>
>>72550117
I know anon but a lot of punk bands adopted what the ramones did
>>
>>72546927
I love seeing Roxy Music get respect.

Genesis is way too high, lot of better contemporaries IMO.

I think Soft Machine deserves a spot.
>>
>>72547770
Okay, playing Synchronicity right now and it is a lot better than I was expecting, thank-you anon!
>>
>>72550873
I am>>72547478

Glad to see you enjoy. I recommend both Regatta de Blanc and Zenyatta Mondatta after that. Zenyatta's my all time favorite album.
>>
>>72551020
I'll make sure to check them out, I regret writing this stuff off so long ago.
>>
>>72546331
lol, no
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Goat's Head Soup [Rolling Stones, 1973]

Except for the spavined "Dancing With Mr. D" and the oxymoronic "Can You Hear The Music", these are good songs. But while Mick Jagger's delivery has always been indolent, here I actually catch him nodding off between verses. Normally, without trying to be tight, the band jumps into a reckless, sweaty coherence--here, they hope the licks will stand on their own. Only on "Starfucker", the most outrageous Chuck Berry throwaway of their career, does the record take off from where it starts. B

It's Only Rock and Roll [Rolling Stones, 1974]

Measurably stronger than its predecessor, and I hear enough catchy hooks, arresting bass runs, and audacious jokes for three albums. I also hear lazy rhymes, indolent phrasing, and two sides that start at a plateau and slide downhill from there, as well as a song about Father Time and a title track that appears to mean more than it intends, or do I mean more than I intend? B

Black and Blue [Rolling Stones, 1976]

More blatantly imitative of black-music rhythms and styles than any Stones album since December's Children, and also less original (if more humorous) in the transformation, this nevertheless takes genuine risks and suggests a way out of their groove. Lots of good stuff, but the key is "Hot Stuff," pure Ohio-Players-go-to-Kingston and very fine shit, and the high point "Fool to Cry," their best track in four years. Diagnosis: not dead by a long shot. A-

Love You Live [Rolling Stones, 1977]

As a Stones loyalist, I am distressed to report that this record confirms their rumored deterioration as a live act. Mick Jagger can't even be bothered to raise his tongue to the roof of his mouth during the chorus of "Brown Sugar" (he slurs the Rs instead). This is a professional entertainer doing his job, a job that gets harder and harder each time out. C+
>>
>>72546331
1. Paul McCartney & Wings
2. The Beatles
3. The Police
4. Queen
5. Black Sabbath
6. New Order
7. Pink Floyd
8. The Who
9. The Kinks
10. The Jam
11. Buzzcocks
12. Emerson Lake & Palmer
13. The Cure
14. Duran Duran
15. UFO
16. The Zombies
17. The Smiths
18. Wire
19. Joy Division
20. Pulp
>>
>>72553178
The Police that high.

Finally, someone gets it.
>>
>>72546957
>XTC second
>King Crimson, one of the most tasteless prog rock bands ever at number 3
>no Led Zeppelin
Nigga...
>>
>>72553178
>1. Paul McCartney & Wings
More like the worst along with every indie rock band since 1980.
>>
>>72553271
More like your opinion is the worst opinion ever :^)
>>
>>72553154
Black and Blue is shit though, he only likes it because it's a bunch of mediocre funk jams that mention NYC in the lyrics.
>>
>>72553178
>another list without Led Zeppelin
Amazing how people post this excuse of list and don't get their arses blasted.

Neo-/mu/ is just a bunch of plebs, this board is fucking dead
>>
>>72553340
Led Zeppelin is really okay. They'd probably make my top 30 or 40, certainly not 20.
>>
>>72553387
Ok, but
>UFO above them
That's unacceptable, anon. There are at least 6 or 7 brit Hard Rock bands greater than tem.
>>
>>72553468
But none of them put out an album nearly as good as Obsession or Strangers in the Night.
>>
File: 1468269515805.jpg (40KB, 567x367px) Image search: [Google]
1468269515805.jpg
40KB, 567x367px
no Traffic?
>>
>>72548373
You are esentially right except in the last line: they're rockish bands.
>>
>>72546927
finally a good lsit
>>
>>72553178
best ITT
>>
>>72546659

literally the only bands I know from this list are Beatles and Blur
not so soon, underground man.
>>
>>72546331
missing Fleetwood Mac is a sin my man
>>
>>72555320
most of the list is /bleeps/
>>
>>72546331
Queen is on the list
>>
>>72553507
Not that guy, but Led Zeppelin has at least three that are better and Deep Purple at least one Two if you count a live album.
>>
>>72555352
Does Fleetwood mac even count? I mean, half American.
>>
File: Strangers In The Night.jpg (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Strangers In The Night.jpg
234KB, 600x600px
>>72556484
Not that guy, but Strangers In The Night is a live album, and it is indeed better than any Zeppelin or Deep Purple album. UFO was a flash in the pan with that one album, but god almighty is it amazing.
>>
>>72556530
You know, I asked that question earlier about the Police and was told Freddie Mercury was technically African. I think we'll count Fleetwood Mac just because they started British and were mostly made of British members.
>>
>>72556613
>Freddie Mercury was technically African

He was colonial born iirc, pretty much British.
>>
UK
XTC>David Bowie>The Beatles>King Crimson>Duran Duran>Yes>The Smiths>The Cure>Genesis>The Rolling Stones>Oasis>Blur>The Sex Pistols

US
Charles Mingus>The Beach Boys>The Doors>Red House Painters>Miles Davis>Ornette Coleman>Neil Young>John Coltrane>Swans>Sonic Youth>Bob Dylan>Dave Brubeck>Joni Mitchell>Nirvana>Dead Kennedys>The Butthole Surfers

Overall personally US>UK but XTC might be my favorite band out of all of them
>>
>>72553206
I know right
>>
>>72553154
He's such a nigger lover it's pathetic.Why does him and scaruffi hate their own race so much
>>
Why should we even put bands like Oasis, Radiohead, Blur, The Smiths and tutti quanti.

Britpop and Indie Rock are literally the worst things to come out from UK since WWII.
>>
>>72555320
At least half of the artists on that list are/were really popular
>>
>>72556778
Neil Young is Canadian tho
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.