[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you forget about me, the AOTY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: TRR279_Grails_HI-RES_640x.jpg (81KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
TRR279_Grails_HI-RES_640x.jpg
81KB, 640x640px
Did you forget about me, the AOTY?
>>
College Dropout is from 2005 you fucking retard
>>
Burning Off Impurities and Doomsdayer's Holiday have it beat by a hair, but it's still an amazing album. Grails is such an underrated post-rock band. I'm glad they stuck with making pretty interesting and experimental music and didn't fall victim to crescendocore.
>>
That's not really that good regardless of year of release. Middling.
>>
>>72546060
Amen to that. I recently got to see Holy Sons play, and Emil Amos (of both) is releasing an ep under his own name.

I was front row and talked to Emil after and got to sperg out at him for a few minutes. It may have been the best feeling I've had in a while
>>
>>72546644
What did you talk to him about?
>>
>>72546687
Emil said it was their last song, so I yell out "Fact Facer!" and I see this incredibly subtle smirk as he launches into that exact song.

Afterwards he asked how I knew what song he was gonna play, and I asked for his guitar pick which he gave me
>>
Of course not. Definite AOTY so far, but we'll see once Do Make Say Think gets full release.

>>72546060
I'd say Deep Politics has it beat by a hair, and DP and CH beat out those other two comfortably.

>>72546644
He's actually coming pretty near me, and I really want to catch the show but I have shit for money right now. Would drop everything and make it if it were a Grails show instead of Holy Sons though.
>>
>>72547283
Yeah I gotta say, as much as I love Grails, those DMST songs released earlier in the year really impressed me, so it looks like there will be some tough competition.
>>
>>72547725
can you link the songs here please? I had no idea they are releasing new shit
>>
>>72547742
https://domakesaythink.bandcamp.com
>>
>>72547725
Bound and Boundless was quite a return to their previous quality after that last album.
>>
>>72547870
I thought Other Truths was already widely considered to be the "return", especially coming from You're a History in Rust?
>>
>>72547929
I actually really liked History in Rust.
>>
>>72547929
I really liked History, and saw them on that tour. As a big fan, was disappointed that Other Truths just bored me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.