[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to listen a to all of Pink Floyd chronologically a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: photo3.jpg (168KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
photo3.jpg
168KB, 1000x600px
I decided to listen a to all of Pink Floyd chronologically a few days ago and I just finished The Wall. I read up on the next album and it seems like it's gonna be shitty, I've also heard bad things about A Momentary Lapse of Reason because of Waters leaving, so are they even worth listening to?

tldr: Is Pink Floyd worth listening to after The Wall?
>>
>>72543559
Final Cut is like a tamer version of The Wall
Some people think it's their best album, so it might be worth it.
AMLOR are just typical 80's rock songs. Might as well listen to Dire Straits.
>>
>>72543559
I Heard it first yesterday. It's good, as good as animals. Just ignore all the leftist anti-Thatcher bullshit
>>
>>72543865
>OH MAGGIE, MAGGIE WHAT DID WE DO?
>>
>>72543559
You've kinda already committed so much time though. You may aswell finish out their discog.
>>
Final Cut has way too much Waters in it, and depending on who you ask that may or may not be worse than the later two albums after it having way too much Gilmour in it.

A Momentary Lapse of Reason wasn't a good album but The Division Bell got way too much bad rep for it's time. It's by far the best of their last three albums as a band if you ask me.
>>
>>72543996
Yeah the division bell is hardly an awful album. It's miles better and a noticeable improvement from Momentary Lapse, which was mediocre and underwhelming. Division Bell is alright for what it is and actually wouldn't have been the worst way imaginable to hang up their boots.
>>
Post Wall stuff:

The Final Cut: 8.5/10

Momentary Lapse Of Reason: 6.5/10

Division Bell : 7.5/10

Endless River : 5/10

IMO TFC is just as good, if not better than The Wall
>>
The Final Cut is a great album and has couple of the Floyd's most emotional songs: When The Tigers Broke Free, The Gunners Dream and The Final Cut
>>
>>72543996
>Final Cut has way too much Waters in it
So, it's a masterpiece?
>>
>>72543559
even their most boring work is miles above the average. go into it with an open mind an enjoy.
>>
Just stop at the Wall. Not the same Floyd....
>>
>>72544233

Two Suns in the Sunset is my personal favourite, love playing the twisted time signature
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.