[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people hate country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: j3486.png (984KB, 1288x1278px) Image search: [Google]
j3486.png
984KB, 1288x1278px
>>
Because it requires 0 talent?
>>
File: Fuck.gif (964KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.gif
964KB, 500x250px
>>72540661
>>
>>72540661
well, since there's a lot of garbage from the genre, and it's so closely associated with a lot of negative biases. The few good, to great, to even legendary musicians in the genre often are over looked. Also, it's depressing to a lot of people, which is redundant, since a lot of people love a lot of depressing music, like Joy Division's Closer, or any of Swans music, etc.
>>
because it's all just white trash twangy singing about stupid shit like shooting deers and fucking hteir cousins
>>
File: albion_s_seed__2_.jpg (172KB, 584x1000px) Image search: [Google]
albion_s_seed__2_.jpg
172KB, 584x1000px
The foundational population stocks of the Northern and Southern US diverged some 400 years ago along the Puritan-Cavalier divide, and the two populations will never find unity unless one wholly assimilates into the other.

Country music taste is just one tiny reflection of this.
>>
I thought country was mind-numbing until I started getting into Uncle Tupelo and Wovenhand and alt-country/gothic Americana.
I blame the 80s and 90s, honestly. 90% hat act garbage. The associations it has don't help, either.
>>
Pop country, like for example what you'd hear in a Texas Roadhouse, is awful and has no variance. This is what most country fans like when they say they like it. It's radically different from Hank Williams-type country.
>>
Because the vast majority of modern country is diluted, by-the-numbers pop with twangy guitars and no meaning or substance.

Sturgill Simpson is one of the only people carrying the torch of classic-style country music.
>>
I used to fall for the white trash and 'murica stereotypes until i listened to Patsy Cline, and then Hank Williams and eventually Iris Dement. Its one of the more effectively melancholy and heartfelt genres Ive heard. Its like John Steinbeck in music form for me.
>>
>>72540783
Sturgill Simpson is a gem in a pig sty.
I'm glad he got recognized at the Grammys, even though there was a zero chance he'd win best new album.
>>
>>72540661
Executives found a way to market mainstream country to soccer moms and the quality tanked as a result.
>>
>>72540668
u rong m8
>>
>>72540783
>>72540849
Lmfao Sturgill fucking Simpson?
T r a s h. Get some taste. I'm not saying country music sucks, there's plenty of great stuff out there for those who actually bother to dig past the stereotypes, but if that's really who you think is carrying the torch of country I hope you also feel they're about to burn the fucking genre to the ground. That is not, repeat n o t good country.
>>
>>72540661
because it fucking sucks, It's so cheesy...cringe material
>>
>>72540668
i don't like country but that's a dumb thing to say
>>
>>72540668
We are talking about country not rap.
>>
>>72540661
It's been shit since the 60s.
>>
>>72541469
And yet there are zero suggestions in your post, and nothing constructive. It's almost like you're a huge faggot.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.