[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

calling this post-punk is fucking pathetic. Since you retards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 220px-U2_War_album_cover.jpg (16KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-U2_War_album_cover.jpg
16KB, 220x220px
calling this post-punk is fucking pathetic. Since you retards have no idea what post-punk actually is, go listen to some of The Pop Group, This Heat, and Pere Ubu. Just because it is rock music from the same era as punk, and it isnt really punk, does NOT mean that it is automatically. The instrumentation is way too simple. This is pop. U2 are nothing but a typical mainstream 80s band, along the lines of Foreigner and Bon Jovi, with no debt to punk or post-punk at all. Complete focus group corporate trash.
>>
The only reason you're being so pedantic over this is because you think post-punk is this super cool genre that normies don't know and only the cool people in your super secret club know about, so when you see a band as big as U2 labeled as post-punk you throw an autistic hissy fit like this.
This album is post-punk wether you like it or not.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>72539343
Holy shit. I think YOU are the one who knows not what post-punk is. The bands you've listed are absolute shite and not representative of the genre whatsoever. Suck a dick, you white trash faggot.
>>
If Echo & the Bunnymen are post-punk then early U2 are post-punk
>>
>>72539577
Agreed. Post-punk is so diluted by different styles that it's just about meaningless. Lumping Echo, U2, Joy Division, PiL, This Heat, The Gun Club, 23 Skidoo, The Birthday Part, etc into one genre is stupid. Completely different styles.
>>
How does one in fact listen to THIS Heat? I'm being genuin
>>
kill yourself anytime, friend
>>
>>72539689
I don't befriend redditors
>>
>>72539577
Thread
>>
>>72539682
they do good music
>>
>>72539563
pere ubu is amazing you piece of shit
>>
>>72539725
it's the worst one out of the three he mentioned
>>
>>72539767
Plenty of worse post-punk bands than those three though. And I'd argue that Pere Ubu's first 3 albums are better than everything by The Pop Group except possibly Y. Plus I saw them last year, and they were somehow still awesome, even if they're a bunch of old fucks, and Thomas is looking decrepit as fuck.
>>
>>72539343
>U2
>NOT post punk
Lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVYAPmdckBY
>>
>>72539767
maybe if you're mentally retarded
>>
>>72539563
I thought you called him a "trash faggot" at first and enjoyed it so much that I became disappointed when I noticed that it actually said "white trash faggot."
>>
File: 1491556317695.gif (354KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1491556317695.gif
354KB, 512x384px
As big as these sell outs are today, they were cool back then. In the early eighties , they were cutting edge and faulty. No radio play. The cool kids introduced you to their sound. They're as post punk as The Cure or Echo and the Bunnymen or whatever. You were not there, so shut the fuck up, faggot.
>>
>>72539343
>Pere Ubu
bye rddit
>>
File: 1490583571848.jpg (36KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
1490583571848.jpg
36KB, 500x494px
>>72539577
Thread.

Also Big Country and The Teardrop Explodes.

OP here is a picture of ways you can kill yourself.
>>
yea I'm done here. back to algorithms and whatever.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.