[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wright > Mason > Gilmour > Barrett > Waters Discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Pink+Floyd.png (286KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
Pink+Floyd.png
286KB, 500x540px
Wright > Mason > Gilmour > Barrett > Waters

Discuss.
>>
>>72534390
You're a faggot. How's that for discussion?
>>
>>72534390
Wright > Gilmour = Waters > Mason > Barrett

you weren't too far off
>>
Wright > Barrett = early 70s Waters > early 70s Gilmour > late 70s Waters > Mason > 80s & 90s Gilmour
>>
>>72534547
I think you might be onto something here
>>
File: Folder.jpg (35KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
35KB, 200x200px
>>72534520
>>72534547
>Waters above Mason
Not only did he produce Rock Bottom and contribute some great tape music to Ummagumma, AHM and DSOTM, he also had the most patrician solo album out of the entire band
>>
>>72534612
I've been trying to find Fictitious Sports for a long time anon. Think you could hook a Floyd Can up with a download?
>>
takes two to know
two to know
TWO TO KNOW
WHY CAN'T YOU SEE?
>>
>>72534639
It's on rutracker m8
https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3591662
>>
>>72534390
More accurate version:

Barret > Wright > Mason > Gilmour > Waters
>>
>>72534669
>2017
>still falling for the "Barrett is good" meme
>>
>>72534695
>2017
>still refusing to ingest the barrettpill
>>
>>72534658
I had no clue. Thanks matey.
>>
>>72534790
His solo albums are just boring pop folk and all the best songs on Piper are the group jams like Interstellar Overdrive and Pow R. Toc H. Plus they immediately improved once he was out of the band, as evidenced by the fact that Saucerful is clearly their best album.

Quintessential talentless hack.
>>
File: large.jpg (70KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
70KB, 500x335px
>>72534390
Personally
Barrett = Gilmour = Mason = Wright = Waters
I love all these dudes to choose one who's better than the others. Altho Roger's personality does bother me a bit.
>>
>>72534547
If were talking musicianship yes. If were talking composition I might push wright down a notch
>>
>>72535168
>implying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQxEB2D3dlo
>>
>>72534390
Your all stupid it's
Barrett>>>>Gilmour>waters=mason>Wright>>>>Barrett

I said Barrett twice it implies a circle.
>>
I wish it was.possible to know what Syd actually contributed to the band besides being the leader in the early days. I'd love to rank him the best but i just don't know lol
>>
Wright > Barrett > Waters > Mason > Gilmour
>>
>>72536482
Listen to his solo work and then compare piper to their later work and it will be pretty clear
>>
>>72534390
go listen to the bass on Hey You
>>
Can anyone educate me on why Wright is always so high on people's lists?
>>
>all these guys with mason not at the bottom

lets not be contrians here. Hes not bad hes not the other 4 great.

Gilmour > Wright=Waters > Syd > Mason

>>72539024
for me its the subtle textures/layering he adds to each of the songs. Absolutely beautiful, hes like the Bill Evans for PF.
>>
Requesting someone draw a picture of angry teachers being the 199 dislikes as a follow up to >pic related

>>72534390
>waters dead last
Opinion dropped.
>>
>>72539024
His jazz background adds a lot to their sound. Dark Side of the Moon wouldn't be half as interesting without the pedal tones and electric piano counterpoint imo. That's just 1 example.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.