[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Roxy Music so underappreciated, /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: rm.jpg (69KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
rm.jpg
69KB, 500x394px
Why is Roxy Music so underappreciated, /mu/?
>>
proto new wave
>>
>>72532826
What's your favorite roxy music song? I've been meaning to get into them, but all I've really heard is some of their later not so great stuff that I picked up in second hand stores
>>
>>72532861
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOnde5c7OG8
>>
>>72532883
Oh shit anon, I've heard this song before. Thanks! Brian Ferry is hilarious in this video.
>>
In before a "super witty" retort to the question.
>>72532861
Start where I did. At the most logical place: Song #1 of album #1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-zSnO7sbXg
>>
>>72532861
Mother of Pearl followed by Sunset.
>>
>>72533078
More Than This is their most mainstream work. Not really indicative of the rest of their music. Just thought you should know.
>>
>>72532861

2HB was the first song I heard by them and have loved it ever since.
>>
>>72533524
>>72533464
>>72533221
>>72533171
Thanks anons, probably going to grab their whole discography...been listening to a lot of eno's solo albums, so this seems like the logical next step. The album I had was Manifesto, it's a little bland, probably why I stalled on them.
>>
>>72533672
Manifesto is their worst album IMO.
>>
>>72532826
They're literally my favorite band. A lot of people seem to think they're lame, probably because they are judgmental and have never actually listened to them.
>>
Being called "Roxy Music" probably has a lot to do with it
>>
>>72533721
They took a while to click for me but they eventually ended up being one of my favorite bands too. I wish we had more threads about them on /mu/.
>>
>>72533778
What's wrong with the name Roxy Music?
>>
i think it's pretty clear that Avalon is their most accomplished album
>>
>>72532826
>some weird crossdressing faggot on the left

not familiar with this band, but dropped
>>
>>72533932
That's eno newfag
>>
>>72533932
That's Brian fucking Eno
>>
>>72533932
That's fucking Moby you idiot
>>
>>72532826
Ferry is my favourite voice in music
>>
>>72533715
That should go without saying. Even if you don't know the first thing about a band and find their records on sale in the second hand store, you can be pretty sure they're the bottom of the barrel.
>>
They wound up making a bunch of cheesy pop schlop that kinda messed up their street cred.
>>
>>72534113
cheesy pop schlop is their whole shtick
>>
>>72533932
nice bait, everyone took it
>>
>>72533932
That's Anthony Fantano, you fucking retard.
>>
>>72533827
Same
I think it probably is just that, lack of accessibility. Most of their music just has to grow on you (from my experience). People don't want to have to listen to an album 5+ times before they can enjoy it.
>>
>>72533932
That's Grimes you moron
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.