[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gear Suggestion/help Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I'm in the market for an electric guitar, need some advice about what to get. Also general gear help thread if that's alright.

I have several guitars, nothing very expensive and I can tell I want to delve into the world of a straight electric guitar.
I want it to be very versatile, not having more guitars would be great. I love the 90's era music since I grew up with it. I also love playing lead blues and rock on my guitar.
Of course I want it to stay in tune very well, less fussing with it the better.
Wammy bar is another want, I have no clue what kind is better for sound or to keep tune while using.
Not excessive high gain really. If you need any more info then please ask. I have been told by a friend who makes guitars that a strat would be great for me but I would love to hear what you would have to say.
Thanks for reading and any suggestions you give.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>not expensive
>versatile
>90's
>blues, rock
>whammy bar
>not much fussing

Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH. Get a used one with coil-splitting and a tremolo bar.
>>
>>72531824
that's not what that guitar is, btw

that's a fender duo-sonic

also there's the cyclone which is kinda similar

but I think Jaguar Special HH even though it's more expensive cuz it fits everything you said
>>
Here you go. Here's what I think for you:

https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=142365624453&lpid=82&&&ul_noapp=true&chn=ps
>>
here's a video of a guy playing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsVIBwhjxm0

it's really good for someone who's looking to maybe not spend so much and still get a lot of versatility and focus on more clean, retro tones

plus it's got that 90's rock look
>>
>>72532063
i've been looking at getting one of these for a while. My question is how does the coil tap sound on the HH special compare to the classic single coil tone of a standard Jaguar?
>>
really appreciate the info, will look into that jaguar guitar, thanks
>>
Take a look at some mid range ibanez'. Try b4 u buy and if you're not happy, screw it.
>>
Hey /mu/
I'm thinking of getting some sort of Ibanez Artcore model used.

Anyone have opinions on them?
>>
>>72532298
>how does the coil tap sound on the HH special compare to the classic single coil tone of a standard Jaguar?

Not even close really. Split humbuckers have a sound all to their own. It's always a compromise.

I LOVE the single coils in my Jaguar, and I can get excellent hard rock tones from them when I roll the tone back a bit and turn the amp up.

Don't be afraid to go and try some single coils out. They're often underestimated.

I have the 60s lacquer model. The classic player jag and some others have hot single coils, which I haven't tried. They sound a bit different from the original Jaguar tone, but it's not a bad sound at all. Squier Classic Vibe guitars are a good choice for a good price. They get closer to the vintage Jag sound and style.
>>
Help me find a mandolin tuner.
>>
>>72534967
SNARK super tight all instrument tuner, I have two and they work great. great seller on amazon, low price too.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.