[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coheed and Cambria, Second Stage Turbine Blade, Track 9, fading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: CoheedAndCambriaSSTB.jpg (36KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
CoheedAndCambriaSSTB.jpg
36KB, 300x297px
Coheed and Cambria, Second Stage Turbine Blade, Track 9, fading outro: "And i'll be bigger"
"And i'll be bigger"

Why is this lyric so powerful? It's so simple but so genuine. You can witness the thought process of a child. The lack of understanding, the desire to be more than what you are. This wish and aimless passion is embodied in those simple childish statements. Coheed and Cambria thread I guess.
>>
>>72530686
Coheed lyrics are just like that, even if sometimes the lyrics didn't make sense you still understood the meaning. Claudio had a way with words he's since lost.

Also post your ratings
In Keeping Secrets > Second Stage Turbine > Afterman: Ascension > Good Apollo v1 > Good Apollo v2 > Afterman: Descension >>> The Year of The Rainbow >>>>>>>> Color Out of The Sun
>>
I really like this album but I've never took the lyrics literal or really read into them, Claudio's delivery was enough to set the tone. Junesong Provision is my favourite songs of theirs and this album.
>>
Gotta be pretty chronological for me

Second Stage > Secrets > Good Apollo 2 >(it's close) Good Apollo 1 > Afterman 1 > Blackrainbow > Afterman 2 > Sun

Sun is just such a dissapointment. Say what you want about Afterman and Rainbow but Coheed is pretty dead with this album
>>
>>72530875
I completely understand. i mean really, every song can be taken on that level. They all carry you so surreally through this emotion sphere of hope and despair without ever losing energy or sounding stale. I just find that when you look at the lyrics they are...odd in the most curious of ways. It's hard to explain but the way Claudio used to make his meter was unique and his word choices were so fitting.
>>
>>72530816
Why Ascension so high?
>>
>>72530917
I didn't like Rainbow but The Afterman albums were pretty good IMO. A lot of the songs felt like they could have easily been on one of the first four albums. But Color out of the Sun is hot garbage. I think the well is just dry at this point, the band just isn't inspired anymore, it's not even conceptual, it has nothing to do with the Amory Wars universe. So the album is like double worthless
>>
>>72530686
>And i'll be bigger
it's actually "and i'll be moving on" lmao

one of my absolute favourites albums though. top 5 material.
>>
>>72531001
I can see what you're saying. To me the Afterman albums seemed like they weren't trying to do anything but relive past glory. Yeah, some of those songs would fit on the first albums but that's because they are so safe. I mean I like Domino the Destitute but it's just not as organic as what it's imitating. Good Apollo tried to do something new, really i think it was the height of their thematics. I mean it was the climax of the Amory Wars and they had brought a fitting stage of sound for the presentation.
>>
>>72531000
I like most of Ascension, but a few songs really stand out. Mothers of Men, Domino the Destitute, Vic the Butcher are some of my all time Coheed songs. I know some consider it blasphemy, but I put it above Good Apollo v1 because I think The Welling Well songs aren't that great even though they make up more than half the album's runtime
>>
>>72531102
For neverender?? I'm 98% sure it's "and ill be bigger"

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/coheedandcambria/neverender.html
>>
>>72531119
Sorry for double post

here's my thoughts on Afterman: >>72531104
>>
>>72531132
check out pretty much any live version of it, claudio clearly sings "i'll be moving on" and then listen to the studio version again. i'm certain.

i had this discussion in the coheed subreddit a while ago, i also thought it was "i'll be bigger" and i actually like that line better.
>>
>>72531104
>>72531162
I can see why people feel The Afterman is 'too safe', I know a lot of Coheed fans feel that way, but I just never got that impression. My first Coheed song was In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3, and I remember thinking 'goddamn this is amazing'. It was a really awesome moment. And when I heard Domino the Destitute I felt the same way. Are they trying to recreate that feel on purpose? Well yeah, they're both the second song on their respective albums. But I really thought they nailed it. Like I said though, I understand why some may see as Coheed just trying to hold onto their old sound. I certainly don't like all Afterman songs, like for example I think Goodnight Fair Lady is pretty bad, sounds like something off Rainbow and it doesn't fit at all considering we JUST got through Mother's of Men, but overall I was really surprised by how much I loved Ascension
>>
>>72531104
>>72531119
To try and put it anothe way, I think Domino the Destitute is like C&C extract. It's got all the big elements of an early track but none of the...heart?? Spirit? It just feels dialed in and overly precise like a science experiment. Gone is the raw emotion all that's left is acting. At least, that's how i feel.
>>
>>72531326
huh, well if that is the case then my world is blown. Considering Claudios pension for odd spoken meter I wouldn't be surprised I guess.
>>
Was their new album any good? I haven't listened to it. Haven't listened to them in a while. Only album of theirs that I didn't like was YoTBR
>>
>>72530967
yeah no doubt, actually I kind of lied to ya because i'd rank em

SSTB
IKSSE:3
No World for Tomorrow
Good Apollo
The Afterman
YOTBR
new album

point being and why i'd rank NWFT so high was by listening to the lyrics I kind of got what they were going for, I described it to a friend as 'Star Wars rock' the way they set up a climactic cinematic experience sort of, not a fan of the source material but I have my own ideas of what's going on. I think it's probably their most fun album on par with IKSSE:3 with how fluid it is. sorry abit buzzed
>>
>>72531484
No, no it is not. Claudio has basically lost his spark to old age and family life. The new album is basically just him trying to act young again. If you haven't tried the Afterman then you might like it. It's a 2 part album that has mixed feelings from fans lol.
>>
>>72531338
See I understand exactly how you feel, I just don't feel that way myself. "Here We Are Juggernaut" (I think that's the name of the song) off Rainbow sounds like Coheed extract. It literally sounds like a generic ripoff of their older stuff. But I just never felt that way when listening to some of the Afterman songs, it to me did seem like an honest return to form. Maybe the reason I felt that way is because I got into Coheed much later than most people, and I didn't have to wait years inbetween albums. I don't know.

>>72531484
No. It isn't. I think it's worth listening to just to get an idea of how far they've fallen. Some people like it, I just don't get any of the appeal. It's just...not Coheed. It's simply boring rock with boring lyrics.
>>
>>72531484
I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to but if you're a fan of the Shabutie EPs, Island felt like a total throwback, the rest of the album was kind of 'scene' which isn't really a detriment because they were scene to begin with but maybe I'm just too old.
>>
theyre good
>>
>>72531509
I completely get you friend. Thats my personal ranking point for point. Feathers is one of my favorite Coheed songs and i did not like it the first time i heard it.
>>
>>72531524
I liked The Afterman albums a lot.
>>
>>72531599
I think the shorter more 'pop' Coheed songs get overlooked. Songs like Feathers, The Running Free and The Lying Lies and Dirty Secrets are some of my more favorite songs.
>>
File: 1491789585976.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1491789585976.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
Good Apollo I > In Keeping Secrets = Second Stage > Descension = Good Apollo II > Ascension > Color > Black Rainbow

The lyric is also, "I'll be moving on"

>Get to meet the band at Comicon
>Want to ask Claudio if there will ever be more Prizefighter Inferno stuff/stuff like it
>Drop spaghetti and can only say "Thank you, Claudio." As I shake his hand
>mfw
>>
>>72531670
> Color not last
Genuinely curious how you feel that way.
>>
>>72531670
Interesting choices friend. Care to elaborate? Black Rainbow below sun?? Good Apollo I above the first two albums??
>>
>>72531670
I was already corrected by another anon about the lyric but thanks. Personally i'm going to keep my head canon intact because I like the incorrect lyric better, lol.
>>
>>72531484
not really, although parts of some songs are great it really lacks something.
>>
>>72531670

I have the same ratings as you, but I'd but GA2 over Descension.

As for >>72531749

Other than Far and In the Flame of Error, Rainbow is super forgetful imo. It just seemed largely like generic "hard" rock, with the exceptions being Far, which felt really different for them, and ItFoE, which felt close to GA1 Coheed. I liked Guns of Summer and World of Lines, but not enough to make up for the rest of what I feel is a subpar album.

CBtS is fairly generic pop as well, but I think it succeeds at what it's trying to be better than Rainbow
>>
>>72531749
Not him, but Good Apollo v1 is their most popular and acclaimed album if memory serves me right. Most people off the internet who are into Coheed usually like that album the most. I think it's because there's a lot of shorter, catchier tracks.
>>
>>72531708
I find Black Rainbow to be a bit too noisy. It also seems to lack that spark for me. I still love it, but I feel Chris didn't blend well with Coheed. He was amazing in Neverender, but I really do love Josh's style.
Also, I just enjoyed more songs on Color.
>Island
>Saw them rip out Eraser live and it was 10 times better
>The Audience
>Here to Mars
I guess I'm partial because I saw almost all the songs live at a small show before the album officially dropped.

>>72531749
Good Apollo I I like the best because I feel it has the most emotional charge. He was having issues with his wife and you could feel it.
The album had the best guitar riffs I think. And the story I feel peaked here. Interesting with the writer coming into the story.
>>
tfw you wont ever be able to be at the original sstb neverender shows
>>
also I would like to change my favourite Coheed tune from Junesong to Faint of Hearts or Mother May I maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCqNcl-HAzw

>3:22 with the build up, payoff and how it flows into the rest of the song
I might be more of a fan of theirs pop jams than the proggy stuff sometimes
>>
>>72531930
pain. I've seen them live and it was great but I just kept imagining the hay days of early 2000 when Claudio still felt what he sang.
>>
File: Brothers_Blood_Machine.jpg (19KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
Brothers_Blood_Machine.jpg
19KB, 300x299px
Has anyone else listened to this? Thoughts?
>>
>>72531913
Oh no, I'm fucking obsessed with this band. My friends have complained. I started listening around the Keeping Secrets phase. I feel that Keeping Secrets overall is more poppy and upbeat than Good Apollo I. Sure Good Apollo had more known songs like Welcome Home and The Suffering. But Keeping Secrets was a pretty upbeat part of the story. It had songs like Blood Red Summer, A Favor House Atlantic and Faint of Heart. Good Apollo I was very dark.
>>
>>72532072
Love experimental Claudio. He creates a great A E S T H E T I C here.
>Dat guitar and harmonica on Run, Gunner Recall, Run!
>>
>>72532072
I think Who Watches the Watchmen is an incredible track, Accidents, A Death in the Family and The Margretville Dance not too far off. still yet to listen to Half Measures but i'd rate it a 3.5/5, solid solo project.
>>
>>72532072
Right now anon. First time actually. It's pretty good. Not really Coheed and Cambria but I like the groove backdrop to Claudios lyrics.
>>
>>72532132
holy shit, just hit that track on the playlist. This is gonna be sick.
>>
>>72532079
I think that's actually the reason I don't like Good Apollo v1 as much as many others do. With the whole meta concept of the writing writer it's almost like this is just an album about Claudio like another anon said and his relationship troubles and his emotions. It's a very dark detour. I mean, I was okay with the idea of a woman getting raped in Devil in Jersey City or Al the Killer and screaming DIE WHITE GIRLS but Good Apollo breaks the fourth wall a bit toooo much for me
>>
>>72532161
It's pretty dark if you know the story behind the songs. Don't let the upbeat sounds fool you. But yeah, it's not Coheed, but anything Claudio is great IMO. I was hoping he'd experiment more since the story is over, but Color was pretty standard rock. Maybe we'll get more in the future
>>
>>72532379
I'm starting to see it. It is Claudio Sanchez afterall, haha. Honestly this kind of approach to theme is why I love him.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.