[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mu/ have any thoughts on this album or am i just a faggot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: humanz.jpg (60KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
humanz.jpg
60KB, 630x630px
Does /mu/ have any thoughts on this album or am i just a faggot?
>>
fuck it, it's a 5
>>
>>72528263
Out of 100
>>
>>72528257
everyone likes to shit on it cause damon barely sings on it, it really just feels like a mixtape made up of other artists music with the gorillaz name just plastered on it, that being said if you can look past that it's a halfway decent album just a little subpar compared to their other shit and other shit thats come out recently
>>
>>72528257
it good
eight out of ten
>>
>>72528257
yes
>>
Some thoughts on the album and the artists here:
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/30/damon-albarn-and-jamie-hewlett-we-fight-over-everything-gorillaz-humanz-interview
>>
7/10.

I like everything up until Sex Murder Party and then shit just gets spotty from there.
>>
>>72528257
Only a handful of decent songs and fewer that actually have Damon singing.
All of the backing instrumentation was done on a fucking iPad so the quality is pretty horrendous in most songs.
Out of Body, Ascension, Andromeda, and Ticker Tape are the only songs worth listening to.
4/10, like >>72528290 said, it's a mixtape with Gorillaz plastered on it, it's not a Gorillaz album.
>>
Gorillaz - Humanz (2017) [FLAC]
uploaded net/file/i5w363zv
>Electropop, Art Pop, Hip Hop, Neo-Soul, Alternative Dance
>>
It's pretty good but all the in your face political messages feels rather obnoxious
>>
im not so nitpicky but i have to agree that its like a mixtape with a political agenda and no 2d. i liked about ten of the songs on there though
>>
>>72528387

>Those are the only songs worth listening to
>Not including Let Me Out, Carnival, The Apprentice, Saturnz Barz, Busted and Blue, and Strobelight

Andromeda is a pretty shit song too. You got some poor taste.
>>
>>72528901
Stop posting your own video no one cares.
>>
>>72528257
you're just a faggot
>>
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/Uridon
>>
File: 1405215864190.jpg (56KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
1405215864190.jpg
56KB, 800x804px
>>72528952
fucking kek
I knew that guy was autistic but jesus christ
>>
I've listened to this four times now, and I still don't know ehere I sit on it. I really enjoy it lyrically, and the music is compotently composed.

But it just doesn't feel like a Gorillaz album half the time.
>>
What do you guys think of the remixes that were released so far? What's your favourite and least favourite one
>>
File: big_1444582999_image.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1444582999_image.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>72528290
THIS hard man
>>
I think this album is proof that Damon Albarn is trying to kill off the cartoon side of Gorillaz, because he's salty about the fact that no one cared about Blur in America.
>>
>>72529055
why don't you just use a tripcode
then people can't impersonate you
>>
File: 1394917744286.jpg (26KB, 331x473px) Image search: [Google]
1394917744286.jpg
26KB, 331x473px
>>72529062
>he was finally banned
BASED MODS
>>
>>72529148
What did he do that was against the rules? Seems to me like we have a shitty janitor browsing this thread.
>>
>>72529259
he was spamming his shitty video in every Gorillaz thread
>>
>>72528501
kinda ruined apprentice for me at the end of the song.
>>
>>72528887
>People have opinions I don't like!
Cry about it to somebody who gives a shit?
>>
if you think about everything Gorillaz is (was) about, even from Blur's Think Tank, this album is really sub par and forgettable. Pick any song from their previous albums and they'll beat every song from this album.

Shy-Town > Saturnz Barz
O Green World > Let Me Out
Pirate Jet > Busted and Blue
M1 A1 > Charger
>>
>>72530876
I prefer every song on the right to the songs on the left
>>
>>72530876
All wrong except for O Green World but that's the best song Damon made so it doesn't count
>>
>>72530876
she's my collar
>>
>>72528257
Charger felt like a demo for what could have been an amazing track. Sort of like People before DARE.

Submission was 9/10 until danny brown came in

Also not enough damon/2D
>>
>>72530876
>if you think about everything Gorillaz is (was) about
whatchu mean by that?
gorillaz are about:
>eliminating the artist's off-stage personality from the music
the cartoons became icons themselves though so on this album they had to take a back seat. the album feels like a communal project instead, and for example We Got the Power gets at that as a lyrical theme. kind of makes sense as a progression
and
>crossing over numerous popular styles
they never really had a totally definitive sound, they've moved with the times, so they did on this album. the long time between releases probably makes it seem jarring (or the old songs better than they actually are by comparison)
but really the main complaints that baah there's too many features or baah this sounds like edm are silly even when you ignore that this move totally makes sense for the project
>>
>>72528257
Yeah not a single good track
>>
>>72535261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uooqk3B0kC4&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>72528441
*Various Artists - Humanz
>>
>>72530876
>Pirate Jet > Busted and Blue
>M1 A1 > Charger
Come the fuck on, objectively wrong
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.