[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Started liking the album more when I think of the album as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

File: 75780-humanz.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
75780-humanz.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
Started liking the album more when I think of the album as a progression through a party tower by elevator along with 2D. Every song is a different floor with different shit going on. Sometimes 2D joins in, sometimes he's just hanging back with you.

Songs like Andromeda and Ticker Tape are like breathers, or stepping out onto a balcony.
Busted and Blue is like a last depressing breath of fresh air before you head back in to the insanity. Like being at the party alone and drunk/high.

Songs like Carnival and Sex Murder Party are really crazy, lots of alcohol, drugs and general degeneracy.
Imagine Sex Murder Party as coming down from a crazy cocaine high with a massive hangover.
Have you ever been so fucked up, you begin to get scared? That's Carnival.

The bonus tracks are like the after party.
The song Out Of Body I find funny. Imagine coming off the elevator to a dark room where a bunch of people are doing some Satanic worship led by some slut. Then at the end, 2D is drunk and high and encouraged by everyone to sing and dance.

Last track Circle of Friendz, a bunch of drunk asses sitting around after the party is over yelling "MAH CIRCLE OF FRAAAAAANDZZZZ!"
>>
>>72518707
That's a pretty cool idea, and the interludes are the elevator music
>>
>>72518707
Thats the point isn't it, a journey through a bunch of end of the world parties
>>
>>72519019
yeah that seems to be the case
pretty cool once you realize it desu
>>
>>72519041
>>72519000
>>72519019
It's what made it more accessible for me. Since the whole album feels really disconnected, it makes more sense to me.
Every song, I can feel like I'm on a different floor. Or going up the elevator with the interludes.
>>
>bro in every song there's like, different things happening
>bro
>bro it's a metaphor

kill yourself moron
>>
>>72519114
>waaah I don't people trying to find meaning in albums, I just want to hate mindlessly
>>
File: 1493504438598.png (540KB, 733x826px) Image search: [Google]
1493504438598.png
540KB, 733x826px
>>72519114
>>
>>72519145
>has to force meaning to enjoy an album that is mediocre at best
>YOU'RE HATING MINDLESSLY

Sorry, I just don't feel the need to search for things that aren't there.
>>
Sounds fucking gay but I'm tempted to try it
>>
>>72519176
>force meaning

It's literally the concept of the album brainlet.
>>
File: 1493166194805.jpg (85KB, 448x635px) Image search: [Google]
1493166194805.jpg
85KB, 448x635px
>>72519176
>people found meaning behind an album they enjoyed
>enhanced their listening experience by doing so
>"LOL YOU'RE JUST FORCING YOURSELF TO LIKE IT"
>>
>>72519176
You see, I see it as my original expectations were way too high and nostalgic. Then I went back and listened again and realized that maybe I was originally too stubborn. Then it seemed to click.
Not that I forced it.
>>
>>72519211
>Started liking the album more when I
>Not forcing

I started liking getting kicked in the balls more when I thought of it as a more permanent solution to birth control.

I started liking getting shot in the face more when I thought of it as not ever having to feel pain again.

I started liking your posts more when I thought of how much better they make me look.
>>
File: Bowie-disapproves.gif (2MB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
Bowie-disapproves.gif
2MB, 400x319px
>>72519282
>comparing music, a form of art made primarily for entertainment, to getting kicked by the balls and getting shot
I knew you were retarded but geez
>>
>>72519083
>Since the whole album feels really disconnected
Don't know why people keep saying this or complaining about lack of a narrative.
In my opinion, Humanz is too narrative focused.
>>
>>72519332
to the point where the narrative is all you can look at so you're trying to figure out why exactly this party is something i should care about
>>
>>72519332
It's just that every single song features a different artist. Gorillaz have had a lot of features (that's one of their things) but not a single song is without a feature, except for Busted and Blue.
>>
>>72519332
in what way? I wouldn't really think of a narrative if it weren't for the interludes.
>>
>>72519381
i find the political message entirely too heavy handed. i dont know why we needed such an un-nuanced black power album from a group that has consistently done a great job of spotlighting black art throughout it's duration.
so the message is NOT the problem but the conveyance is almost certainly a problem. Vince is cool yeah, DB cool yeah, Pusha cool yeah but for some reason i dont think any of them fit in this album well at all
>>
>>72519442
Fuck off, you're not me you piece of shit.

>>72519381
Damon said it was a party for the end of the world, right? Worst case scenario.
And that's exactly what the album sounds like. It's Mad Max but we see the world turn to shit. It's Akira.
At least that's the feeling I got, of an apocalyptic 80s movie.

It's starts out fun and light (Ascension, Strobelite, Saturnz Barz, Momentz). That's the dance party bit.

Submission and Charger are the climax, when things start to change. Someone dies here, or a bunch of people die.

From that point on the every song sounds sad and bitter like the characters are in mourning or aiming for revenge.
The sadness doesn't really let up till Hallelujah Money and We Got The Power that sound like bittersweet hopefulness towards the future.
>>
File: 1491252581863.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1491252581863.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>since the election nothing on tv but politics
>family talks about politics
>friends talk about politics
>internet talks about politics
>favorite band releases a new album after years and years
>super pumped
>lay down and listen to it
>politics politics politics

Dropped
>>
>>72519867
>Want to make a Gorillaz thread
>Gets derailed by political shit flinging
>>
>>72520493
>want to talk about why The Gorillaz couldn't just make an album that wasn't political so more people could enjoy it
>people suddenly get pissed off and accuse me of being a right-winger
>>
how do you explain

>interlude: talk radio
>>
>>72519377
Even this wouldn't be a problem, except there are a handful of tracks that don't feature Damon *at all* and I can't recall any of their older albums having even one track like that before.

It's not so much the features that kill it for me as it is how much they dominate the songs that they're on.
>>
>>72519867

Politics isn't at all new to Gorillaz.
>>
>>72520599
of course but they've never been this heavy about it on their past albums.
>>
>>72520571
Well it comes before Carnival, Let Me Out and Sex Murder Party. These are all the songs I imagine as being fucked up and having a bad trip. So it kind of feels like the build up to that.
>>
>>72520607
Yes they absolutely have.
>>
>>72520613
that literally doesnt make sense.
>>
>>72520613
>how do you explain interlude: talk radio

>its a bad trip

oh, okay
>>
>>72520629
>In the elevator
>Fucked up at this point
>Elevator operator is frustrated
>Dumps you off
>>
>>72520661
>Been to several floors already
>Completely blitzed
>Get on elevator to go to the next party
>On the ground
>"Talk to me."
>Muttered gibberish about party
>"Roger that. Roger that." Frustrated sigh
>Starts the elevator
>Gibberish about room spinning
>"I don't have to take this any further if you don't want me to."
>Tell him to keep going
>"I only go as far as you want me to."
>Get to floor
>"That's only as far as I go."

Voice changes because fucked up.
>>
>>72520607
Perhaps you weren't aware of how politically charged they were in the past because you weren't nearly as involved or aware of the politics that were taking place.
>>
what kinda gay ass shit is a party tower LMAO
>>
>>72520774
A more expanded version of Feel Good Inc., spazz.
>>
CLOCKS ON THE WALL TALK TO WATCHES ON THE WRIST
>>
>>72520607
What do you think Dirty Harry and Feel Good Inc are about you retard
>>
>>72521479
are you a retard? humanZ IS heavy handed. thats the point.

dirty harry and FG Inc was not heavy about its political tones. most normies listen to it without knowing gorillaz message
>>
>>72521514
Dirty Harry is pretty much saying fuck Bush for the whole song. I don't see how their songs now are doing anything different except with Trump
>>
>>72521539
>>72521539
>is pretty much saying fuck Bush for the whole song

not to normies. do you know what subtlety or heavy handedness is?

if you dont know what heavy handed is, or how this is much more heavy handed than any previous gorillaz album, then I dont know why you are in this conversation

there is literally a spelling out of a republican mascot dancing with confetti and a song about hallelujah money right after it ffs
>>
>>72521578
What makes you think that normies listen to interludes lol
>>
>>72521657
you are a dumb FUCK
>>
File: why.png (113KB, 229x238px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
113KB, 229x238px
>Listening to Submission
>Suddenly Katt Williams chimping out
>>
>>72518707
Really made me think, this album is a 9/10 now
>>
I liked the album but I still feel it would have benefited from more songs with Damon/2D vocals. 2D's voice is like one of the characteristics that makes you realise a song is by Gorillaz when you hear it.
>>
I swear these retards are worse than, those people who thought Kendrick will drop a second album, and refuse to acknowledge DAMN. is 7.5/10.

Literally scraping the barrel because you want something to be some way lmao
>>
>>72522636
Lmao baka desu senpai lel kek lol ROFL wat r u talkin bout ma dude?
>>
>>72522663
Ebin reply friend. Totally proved you aren't a retard
>>
>>72520571
Guy on the interlude is literally an elevator attendant taking you through the "party" (album)
Talk Radio follows up the bleakest and most introspective track on the album, Busted and Blue
Attendant basically says "you don't need to stay around for this shit, I only do what you ask me to do"

Out of all the interludes that one's the least ambiguous
>>
>>72524078
Yeah. This is pretty much what I said here >>72520738

I can imagine the intro as turning your cellphone off before entering the party or tower.
Ascension, Strobelite, Saturnzbarz and Momentz seem to generally be more upbeat party tracks, so I imagine them all as one floor, just several rooms. They're also all before the first interlude.
Momentz is in a dark empty kitchen and I feel like De La Soul is a bit menacing even though it's an upbeat track, just like in the Feel Good Inc. video.
>>
>>72518707
I didn't like the album much and I don't think this theory is gonna make me enjoy the music more, but I can appreciate it as a concept.

Are there any other fan-created album concepts/experiences? Seems like a fun way to relisten to an album with fresh ears.
>>
File: nxkv90b.gif (2MB, 409x277px) Image search: [Google]
nxkv90b.gif
2MB, 409x277px
I enjoy maybe 5 songs out of the whole thing.
In spite of that, Momentz is pure art.
>mfw the first time I heard it
>mfw Danny Brown cuts in on Submission
>mfw Pipe down Pipe down Pipe down Pipe down
>>
>>72518707
this is the 4000th time you've posted this
>>
>>72524309
I have one for Weezer's Pinkerton.

It's basically you're watching a live camera feed of Rivers trapped in his room as he goes ballistic about not being able to have sex with Japanese women. You're watching him watch anime, scream, cry, jack off and hug his dakimakura. Butterfly is him committing suicide with a Katana he bought at a sap meet.
>>
>>72524364
At first I thought Momentz was weird and very dull. Now it's my favorite track. Can't stop listening.
>>
>>72524364
this
>>
>>72524419
I feel the same for a lot of songs on the album honestly

Momentz, Sex Murder Party and Out Of Body were tracks I didn't care for at first but are now some of my jams
>>
File: nowar2003.jpg (64KB, 726x532px) Image search: [Google]
nowar2003.jpg
64KB, 726x532px
>>72520607
You naive child
>>
>>72524585
Damon can be a huge fag, but he's very fucking talented and knows how to make music that grows on you.
>>
>>72519000
which is ironic because most of the "songs" could be considered elevator music. Y'know because they're terrible
>>
Step out for a fresh of breath air after that
>>
so like:
tracks 1-5: pop, dance, disco party
tracks 6-11: more strange and end-of-the-world approaching, "elevator goin up", start to feeling blue
tracks 12-17: we reach the top ("penthouse") and all of the crazyness explodes (the party reaches a "sex murder"-craziness)
tracks 18-20: we get out of the elevator, the end of the world is here (end of the party). hope for something after? (we got the power)
tracks 21-26: kinda the afterlife / afterparty ("That brought me back / The elevator, too late")

needs some tuning, but i like it.
>>
>>72525004
lmao
>>
>>72525037
have you ever been to an elevator before
>>
She's My Collar is a brief hook up with some slut on one of the floors. Still coming down from that Carnival/Let Me Out/Sex Murder Party high.
>>
>album is shit

>so the fans afraid to have an 'extreme' opinion are finding ways to like it

lol, numu
>>
OP, stop posting the same thing over and over again.
>>72519114
this, kek
>>
>>72527550
when are you going to stop shilling your cringy video?
>>
>>72519161
Ok we get it you saw this funny wikihow meme at r/superepiccomebacks and you dont know how to argue so you post it in every gorillaz cirlejerk thread when someone shits on your reddit band
>>
>>72527745
Your post half a day later sure showed him
>>
File: thomass.png (41KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
thomass.png
41KB, 200x210px
>>72527745
Do you like Beck?
>>
File: 1474321391464.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1474321391464.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>>72527745
>mfw r/superepiccomebacks doesnt exist
>>
>Everybody says I'm busted and blue
>I feel better when I don't need that
>Everybody gonna move tonight, tonight
>Everybody says that I'm more
>Feelin' out of body, I'm drinkin' it up
>Can I tell you what the dream's about tonight?

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>72528370
nothing he literally said in his last interview that half of his lyrics don't make any sense
>>
>mu has been shitting on this album for a month, 18 threads per day
>listen to it
>it's great

you're making it too easy guys
>>
>>72528852
most writers say this to not 'give it away' you fucking retard
>>
>>72528933

that's why I keep coming on here
>>
>>72528933
kek, this
>>
>>72528945
muh all lyrics have to be deep and with secret meanings

literally kill yourself
>>
>>72529027
I didnt imply any of that, how is high school?
>>
>>72518707
DAMON GET OFF MY BOARD
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.