[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album is good or is just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (30KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
30KB, 384x384px
This album is good or is just a meme?
>>
Both
>>
>>72517815
It's filled to the brim with meme moments but they're still outweighed by the good
>>
The album is gome
>>
Neither
>>
>>72517815
it's a meme
it's also good
it's also a good meme
>>
Easy 10/10 album and meme
>>
>>72517815
meme and good are not mutually exlusive
>>
How's it called?
>>
we don't know

it's the asuka vs rei of /mu/

we'll never know
>>
Hipster garbage
>>
>>72517815
This

Whats the name of the album?
>>
>>72518464
JESUS CUHRIIIIIST over the sea
>>
>>72517815
It's both.
>>
>>72518499
I just found it (literally only 4chin related sites and commentary)

Aeroplane over the sea sucked.
>>
>>72518157
well to be fair the ironic thing of the Asuka vs Rei debate is that it misses the point entirely

so if this is the Asuka vs Rei of /mu/ I reckon that we're missing the point entirely
>>
>>72519227
>the ironic thing of the Asuka vs Rei debate is that it misses the point entirely
elabor8
>>
File: jeffmangum_0.jpg (10KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
jeffmangum_0.jpg
10KB, 300x225px
It's /mu/'s best meme and one of /mu/'s best albums.
>>
>>72519227
It works because the songs are kind of simple and jeff sings bad on purpose, so when we call it a masterpiece, we're missing the point
>>
>>72517857
this
>>
>>72517857
wew
>>
It's the greatest recorded sound of all time
>>
>>72519244
Asuka and Rei were constructed to be unlovable and ripping off crappy tropes from anime (tsundere and kuudere) while putting actual thought into them so they wouldn't be idealized.

Meanwhile everyone turns it into what Hideaki Anno was deconstructing with those characters: waifus and subsequently waifu battles.
>>
I can't believe its almost 20 years old

Dadrock?
>>
it's a shit meme and a genuinely great album
>>
>>72518015
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
>>
>>72519804
Yeah this is dadrock now. You've been the dad all along.
>>
Seriously though it's a genuine tragedy that this masterpiece got turned into a shitty throwaway meme for teenagers to spam "Semen stains" "jesus christ" lmao about

and even worse that some people have such bad taste that they think it's a terrible album that's only popular due to the memes

Jeff would absolutely despise it all
>>
>>72519804
Well, dadrock I would say it's 35 to 30 years old. Which brings us to right in the middle of post-punk.

I'm 19, most of what I would consider dadrock was stuff like Talking Heads and Pet Shop Boys and The Smiths and Joy Division. Hell, if I were to list my quintessential dadrock, Cabaret Voltaire would definitely be there because my dad actually listened to it a lot. There's a good deal of post-punk that I percieve as being dadrock-esque, and that's ultimately because dadrock is a time-based thing.

Ultimately, you're gonna see a bunch of people coming up who will see Nirvana and Weezer and Alice in Chains and R.E.M and My Bloody Valentine as dadrock (not all, naturally, but definitely some). Eventually In The Aeroplane Over The Sea will become dadrock. And that isn't completely awful.
>>
>>72517815
Its one of the most genuine pieces of music ever made. But it's a bit like a puzzle.

Listening to this thing on a track by track basis just doesn't work. It's only when you listen to the whole album as a singular piece of music does its brilliance take shape.

If you don't like it means you haven't listened to it honestly. It being a meme kinda sets up expectations.

It is a masterpiece plain and simple.
>>
>>72519603
I thought Evangelion created the kuudere.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.