[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit why is it difficult to book shows? Just booking one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1484813451051.png (120KB, 244x255px) Image search: [Google]
1484813451051.png
120KB, 244x255px
Holy shit why is it difficult to book shows? Just booking one show can take up two months. I've tried networking and contacting venues but it hasn't worked. I live close enough to a big city so being in the wrong place isn't an issue. There's just so many bands. Also don't have any space or draw to put on my own shows. Any advice would be cool
>>
give the owner of the place your boy pussy
>>
make an album
>>
play unlicensed impromptu shows in front of your local supermarket/police station/library. I've only gotten told to leave twice in about a dozen attempts
>>
>>72517092
(Talking out my ass here, don't have any experience) I mean really I would think momentum is key. Once you get a couple successful shows going, it should be easier. Keep up the good work! Have a bandcamp or soundcloud to share?
>>
>>72517137
I have. It doesn't seem to help. Especially since there isn't much music in our area in our genre. Music scene is quite a bitch, I should've just made a shitty punk band so I can play a ton of edgy backyard shows.
>>
>>72517092
try playing some shows first. Make connections with various people in the scene, make some friends. Hell, just hang out at shows and get to know some folks. Most of the time it isn't money or good music that gets you leeway to book shit at first. Its about inching your way in, build up, and knowing enough people to be confident in what you do.
>>
Because you're probably shit
>>
>>72517092
My buddy has had a band for awhile, and he is very involved in the local scene (also in a big city). From what I can see, that helps him alot- he knows alot of other groups, and alot of other groups know them, and everyone knowing each other helps them get around. You might ask a group if you can open for them, and then the venue knows you, so you could potentially book your own show there, and that's another gig under your belt. Also, his band has done enough stuff around the local scene that some of the people who run events know them pretty well, so they're told first about alot of event and gig opportunities around town. I don't know all the intricacies, but it seems to be helping them out.
>>
>>72517181
move to new york or california
>>
>>72517092
Are you telling me you don't have vegan burrito coffee shops that will let anyone play as long as only 5 people show up and you respect the safe space? What city are you in?
>>
>>72517276
I'm in cali lol.
>>72517259
maybe but garbage bands get locally big here quite often
>>
>>72517238
I'm no expert on the issue, but I'd say this. I play in a band and in our first gig we were invited by a friend of another band, then other friends we made along the way or people that saw us / heard us online and liked our music started inviting us.
>>
You don't go to enough shows and since this is /mu/ you probably aren't trying to book actual DIY spaces but rather big venues that will not even respond to someone who isn't a booking agent
>>
>>72517589
you're shittier than them get over it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.