[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOING TO GIGS ABROAD ALONE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1297087841375.jpg (11KB, 255x252px) Image search: [Google]
1297087841375.jpg
11KB, 255x252px
Has anyone here ever traveled abroad on their own just to see a band perform?

I'm considering doing it just to see a group that never fucking plays in my country. Not terribly expensive, and it's in a city I've been to before so probably not that big of a deal
>>
>>72516244
I wouldn't go abroad alone. Unless you're coming to the united states.
I know I'll offend some people but it's pretty much the safest place to travel to, assuming you're white.
Anywhere else you might as well pay a friend, or wait till they come to your country.
That's what I did for Mouse on the Keys, only took two years
>>
>>72516387
Objectively incorrect
>>
>>72516387
I live in Ireland, so there's no fucking way I'm coming all the way out to the US for a gig. The show I'm thinking of is in England, so literally only an hour away. And the UK is safe as

Besides the band are never gonna play here, too niche and have no audience here. Plus it's famously expensive for bands to gig in Ireland, never mind the UK
>>
>>72516653
What band?
>>
>>72516882
Caravan palace
>>
put it this way, I'm in the u.s. and if given the chance to go to wacken I'd go in a heartbeat whether or not I could find anyone else to go with me
>>
>>72516882
Follakzoid
>>
>>72516882
Death Grips
>>
>>72516882
U2
>>
>>72516387
What were Mouse on the Keys like? Thinking of catching them at some point.

>>72517485
If it's Death Grips, it would be worthwhile, though I'd rather see them solo than doing a compact set at Field Day but w/e.

Ultimately, it depends how much money you're willing to spend. If it's within an acceptable range, go for it. Fuck it man, some bands, especially artists who don't tour the region much, might not be back for a while.
>>
>>72516930
>>72517471
>>72517485
>>72517495
don't bother.
>>
>>72516387
Do Burgerclaps actually believe this? Are you incapable of just looking up assault and homicide statistics?
>>
I went to Scotland alone to see GYBE because London was sold out.

Joined the queue really early and got speaking to some other guy who had done the same. Was a great show and an couple of days wandering about with the people I'd met there.

Just do it OP if you really wana see your band
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.