[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you outgrow blind hatred of top 40 radio hits?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: bad bitch like this.gif (998KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
bad bitch like this.gif
998KB, 500x325px
When did you outgrow blind hatred of top 40 radio hits?
>>
when that girl i liked made me listen to taylor swift in high school and i legit thought it was good
>>
>>72515548
But it's the other way around. I outgrowed top 40 radio hits when I was 17.
>>
Around 17, but now my hatred for it isn't blind
>>
>>72515591
you're regressing
>>
Poptimism was a mistake. Sure, there's no need to be a dick about it or get all elitist, and you should be able to separate well written pop from the rest, but the fact of the matter is that top 40 is full of trash-tier garbage with little to no artistic merit that is created (cynically) for the sole purpose of being background noise for the lives of idiots. You'd be dumb to celebrate it.
>>
>>72515548
My hate just turned into a lack of caring. It never went away.
>>
Every top 40 song now has a weird mix of a sample that goes real high and low and used like a synth

Lyrics require at least one use of the word body or relating to work

I don't know.
>>
>>72515609
You sure you're not just a pleb apologist?
>>
>>72515591
Outgrew* fuck

>>72515609
Yeah no
>>
>>72515548
never had blind hatred, just didn't follow any and went along my own path of music taste.
>>
>>72515548
FIRST THINGS FIRST
>>
>>72515628
What would you say is well written pop?
>>
>>72515548
when I learned music theory and found out most talentless top 40 songs are still more competent than 90% of rym-core in terms of talent and basic again creative competency
>>
>>72515666
the ones i like
>>
>>72515666
anything that's not top 40
>>
File: iggy.gif (2MB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
iggy.gif
2MB, 250x375px
>>72515659
I'M THE REALEST
>>
>>72515628
This guy gets it.
>>
>>72515666
Well-written top 40 pop? The only example that comes to mind is Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye.
>>
>>72515818
Not even top 40, just well written pop in general
>>
There are v cool pop artists
Khalid
Frank ocean
Weeknd
>>
>>72515548

when firework resonated with my soul

and also when taytay
>>
i usually listen to indie or undeground hipster bullshit like most people here... but the new classic is honestly a great album.
top 40 garbage is as comercial as it was in the 60s or 80s, yet we call those artists the greatest.
also i would love to cum on iggy's australian throat.
>>
>>72515608
this right here
>>
File: SjQ-sW.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
SjQ-sW.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>72515720
DROP THIS AND LET THE WHOLE WORLD FEEL IT
>>
>>72515548
Even if you grow out of top 40 it's only a handful that aren't painful to be honest.
>>72516530
Hello /mu/
>>
The thing that bothers me most about /mu/ is that you guys shit on decent mainstream artists the hardest and then ironically listen to complete trash because of your faggot aesthetics or whatever. That's why I don't trust a lot of opinions here. Most of you dudes are all wrapped up in music as a part of your identity instead of just being real.
>>
Reminder that the songs you love from the past 80 years have all been top 40 at some point, maybe even lower.
>>
File: 1486349587930.jpg (184KB, 810x744px) Image search: [Google]
1486349587930.jpg
184KB, 810x744px
I actually came to this epiphany a couple days back, Poptamism was the embrace of mediocrity, its cultural capitalism, become like all the other drones, consume the things the record companies manufactured for you to extract your wealth.

And if you were going to use an example of good pop music using a picture of igggy azela was fucking mistake op and i hope you die horribly and slowly

Poptamism is It is promoted by urban yuppies who want to spite lower class white people.

Poptamism is capitalism masked as social progress
>>
>>72517531
>All this projecting
>>
File: they live.jpg (30KB, 480x203px) Image search: [Google]
they live.jpg
30KB, 480x203px
I mean what is the end game of poptamism?

Do you want a world were the only music is katy perry and everyone only listens to katy perry?

I mean the fuckers at p4k promoted this garbage ideology and haven't even thought about this shit critically.
What a sterile world the poptamist world is.

Doesnt it feel like something is missing, the guy with the electric guitar, the world feels of balance.

They want you to consume in the name of social progress.
Like i want to put on those they live glasses and see what p4k looks like.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.