[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do normalfags even fucking deserve Kanye West?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 20

>throws on L. I. T. E. R. A. L. L. Y. one of the greatest impromptu pieces of performance art ever captured on video
>normies boooo him and yell "shut the fuck up, Kanye!!!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkUr99epJh8

I would legitimately pay double the normal rate just to see this alone.

Do regular Kanye fans seriously not understand what exactly the fuck it is they're witnessing right now? This is pretty much showcasing the metamorphosis of an artist. And I know I'm late to the show, but I'll be absolutely damned if this is not something that's going to be worth noting for an eternity as long as the name Kanye West is still a thing. Such a fucking shame that others can't comprehend the implication that this performance alone has on the artist himself.

I feel that Kanye is /our guy/ even moreso than he is their's.
>>
>>72513877
Sadly he's been a victim of how shitty media is, specifically when it comes to celebrities. The dude is amazing though.
>>
File: IMG_2192.jpg (16KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2192.jpg
16KB, 250x240px
>14:59
>"JUMP, MOTHERFUCKER, JUMP!"
If you can make it through this video and still be convinced that the ordinary person deserves Kanye, then there's something wrong with you.
>>
>people pay a ridiculous amount of money to attend his concert
>probably had to pay flight ticket too plus hotel and Uber/taxi all in all
>just to have this stupid monkey go on an incoherent rant and then leave

Fuck this guy. I love his music but after he went on those TLoP Tour rants I stopped supporting him. Will illegally download his next album. He's not getting even 5 cents from a Spotify stream from me.
>>
>>72514232
Nice post-ironic bait
>>
>>72513877
Normies do not deserve kanye nor do they really understand him. I would have killed to be at that show too. I saw him play Bonnaroo in 14' and everyone around me was booing. He was saying some extremely profound shit but all anyone could do was whine because they werent getting a video of Gold Digger for their instagrams. Like, what other artists straight up share a piece of their soul to an audience the way he does? And all people did in return was spraypaint 'fuck kanye' all over the festival grounds.
>>
>>72514269

I'm being serious, but okay.
>>
>>72514362
I think Reddit is more up to your speed then. Why are you even here?
>>
>>72514325

You mean people pay money to go to concerts to hear the artist play their favorite songs, and not hear a fucking sermon?? Color me shocked. Those people are not in our intellectual level bro!
>>
>>72514232
>getting mad at a bipolar man for being bipolar
wew lad
>>
>>72514387

I've been posting here for 10 years. Why would I not be here? Cause people dont like my opinion? lol

Pretty funny how in the last few years I've been told to go to Reddit endlessly, for things that years ago people would agree with me on.
>>
>>72513877
you know i fucking hate normies they clearly are narcistic and retarded as hell, yet ruin everything good in the world and somehow come out as successful

fuck this gay earth
>>
>>72514405
You Go To A Concert To See An Artist Bro
>>
>>72514452
I don't care if you've been here since 2003, perhaps a migration to Reddit would suit you well if the main point of the OP goes over your head.
>>
>>72514528

No. Most people go to concerts to hear said artist perform their favorite songs. They dont pay money just to see the artist..

If you dont agree youre just being a contrarian snowflake.

>>72514539

What is OPs point? That Kanye is going nuts? I dont care what happens to him as long as he performs my favorite songs that I paid good money to hear live. After he does at least 10 songs he can go to any rant he wants. But dont do it in the middle of the first song and then leave. Fuck that bullshit.
>>
>>72514618
I think you're doing a bit of performance art yourself brah. I mean listen to yourself, "I dont care what happens to him as long as he performs my favorite songs" is straight out of some sort of normie handbook. There's no one you can be on 4chan for this long and not be affected enough to see through some of the shit you're saying.
>>
>>72514618
>using the term snowflake
completely disregarding opinion you have
>>
>>72514700
*no way
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>72513877
>tfw he got brainwashed for this rant because he went against the agenda
he did it for us
>>
>>72514700

I'm expressing the opinions of the average person. You know, the majority. Sorry I'm not circlejerking with the rest of /mu/ about how great Kanye is.
>>
>>72514772
So you just confirmed you didn't even click on the video to see that most people are defending him?

Okay, son. Thank you for at least moving this thread along.
>>
Kanye is a national treasure. It'll be a sad day when he eventually passes.
>>
>>72514793
>So you just confirmed you didn't even click on the video to see that most people are defending him?

Defending him?? All I heard was booos and "shut the fuck up."

Dumb contrarian snowflakes. That's /mu/ for you I guess. Grow up kiddos.
>>
>>72514894
I meant the comment sections of the video. Should've clarified that. But either way you literally just 1:1 copied what OP said with the "booos and the shut the fuck up" even down to the extra o's and the quotations. What's your endgame exactly?
>>
>>72514961
>What's your endgame exactly?

Telling you how you're wrong defending this guy as some visionary artist. He's fucking nuts and narcissistic. I'd be pissed if I had to spend all that money to hear a 17 minute rant. He pretty much committed fraud.. He promised people music and all they got was a bunch of verbal diarrhea.

Anyone who defends him is younger than 20.
>>
>>72515043
>Anyone who defends him is younger than 20.
Or just someone who doesn't hold cookie cutter normie sentiments T B H
>>
There will never be another Kanye after Kanye.
>>
>>72513877
>performance art
He's just calling out everyone, cool and all but it's not art.
>>
>>72515436
No, it is.
>>
>>72515486
Nah, it isn't. A speech isn't art.
>>
>>72515544
Says who? Performance art is a loaded term to begin with.
>>
>>72513877

i dont understand people booing, i think the speech is interesting and who wouldnt want to listen to one of their favorite artists talk about stuff like this
>>
>>72513877

do famous artists really got killers or is he just paranoid crazy
>>
>>72515201
Revering Kanye is a pretty normie cookie cutter sentiment tbqh anon
>>
>>72515753
Agreed. I don't really respect Kendrick Lamar as an artist on the same level I do Kanye because of shit like this.
>>
>>72515753
Normies dont like Kanye. They 'like' him. They pretend to because he's popular. They don't actually appreciate his music the way others do.
>>
>>72515788
I think the jab at DJ Khaled was at least 30% facetious. Jab at Jay Z definitely 80% was.
>>
>>72514232
That anon is 100% right. All these Kanye cocksuckers itt don't know how stupid they sound.
>>
>>>/r/hiphopheads
>>
>>72513877
What's so special about this dumb rapper nigger?

He's just a rapper.. what's so spectacular? what sets him apart from Drake or xxxtentacion?
>>
You guys are so far up your own asses it is almost surreal.
>>
>waaaaahhh why doesn't everyone take my favourite meme rapper as seriously as I do?
Lighten up, retard.
>>
>>72515854
>>72515912
>IP count didn't go up once between these posts.

Please identify where you samefagged, faggot.
>>
File: hYMIItH.png (142KB, 511x564px) Image search: [Google]
hYMIItH.png
142KB, 511x564px
>>72515943
Literally not an argument. Try again
>>
File: retard.png (12KB, 473x160px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
12KB, 473x160px
>>72515943
>>
>>72515967
Low IQ anime poster who needs to to use smug cartoon girls to facilitate discussion is not an argument either. Go back to /a/ you pansy bitch.
>>
>>72515881
>He's just a rapper.. what's so spectacular? what sets him apart from Drake or xxxtentacion?

Drake actually delivers on his performance on tours, while Kanye goes on random rants about how awful his life is without singing any songs, and doesnt reimburse people for it.
>>
>>72513877
Why are Kanye dickriders so pretentious?
>>
>>72515943
You are a moron.
>>
>>72515984
If you knew how to read you'd be able to deduce perhaps I wasn't talking about you
>>
>>72514012
this made me so mad. fuck normies
theyre worthless. theyre so resistant to his redpills for no good reason
>>
ITT: Grr I can't comprehend what Kanye is sayin and I just wanna hear some Famous and Heartless!!!!!!

Please get off /mu/ if you're this fucking normal.
>>
File: 517.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
517.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>72515990
Pretty hard to facilitate discussion when the person you're replying to just cries samefag.
>>
>>72516025
And we both know it's the truth. No need to put on a show for all the other anonymous posters ITT.
>>
>>72516020
>Every one who doesn't have Kanyes dick halfway down their throat is a just a dumb normie
Kanye stans are barely a step above normies. Get over yourself.
>>
>>72514232
yea it was douchey but im upset about how they reacted to his rant. I saw him in cleveland and i WISH that he went on a 15 minute rant. its part of the experience
>>
>>72515998

BUT IT'S ART ANON YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. HIS INTELLECT LEVEL IS SO HIGH THAT NOBODY BUT A BUNCH OF US UNDERSTAND HIM. I WOULD PAY $1000 JUST TO HEAR HIS GENIUS SPEECHES LIVE.
>>
>>72516065
>still crying samefag
It's almost as if you don't actually want a discussion and expected a thread where everyone just agrees with you.
>>
>trying to preach through hiphop and rap
>a culture that is exactly the source of many problems
>a form of entertainment that people turn their brains off to
>a demographic compromised of hood shit and DUDE WEED LMAO kids
>trying to teach anything at a concert

He has good intentions but he's retarded for thinking anybody there was going to listen to him. People paid to get drunk and act stupid while listen to whatever song the guy plays so they can go back and tell their friends they went so a ___ concert.
>>
>>72515881
>>72515912
>>
>>72515998
Normies love to intellectuallize radio friendly hip hop.
>>
>>72516166

Thank you.. Exactly right. People pay to g oto concerts to hear songs and have FUN. Not listen to some schizo rant about who knows what. They were ripped off and Kanye still didnt reimburse them. Fuck this black jew.
>>
>>72514232
You're acting like you were personally there brah. If Kanye does his comical outrage at the expense of a few thousand dipshits then who gives a fuck? The YouTube video got like 10x the amount of views than the number of people who attended the concert and the whole debacle will be referenced on his next album as a song which people will love and go attend more concerts to see.
>>
>>72516402
>then who gives a fuck?
The people at the concert. Hence the booing. That was the other anons point. Are you being purposely obtuse?
>>
>>72516293
Are you fucking braindead? That wasn't even the point of the guy you replied to.

Perhaps you are just retarded.
>>
>>72516438
Are you for answering a rhetorical question?
>>
>>72516493
No, because your rhetorical question made it clear that you missed the point of the post you were replying to.
>>
>>72516528
>Are you for answering a rhetorical question?
>No, because your rhetorical question made it clear that you missed the point of the post you were replying to.
Case closed, you're a fucking dunce.
>>
>>72516555
Nice trips
Sick burn
>>
>>72516555
kek
>>
I'd be thrilled if i'd get to experience something really unique in the middle of a concert of one of my favorite artists. I don't really like Kanye's music that much, but those people booing are idiots. Why would you want to go to a concert which is identical to the 1000000 other concerts the artist has done?
Greatest thing about live concerts are when the artists play something they don't usually play live or do something like this, not the popular songs.
>>
File: 1492492368627.jpg (69KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1492492368627.jpg
69KB, 657x527px
>>72513877
dis dred ironeek ride?
>>
>>72516640
Agreed. It's not like Kanye pulled a DG either and just straight up didn't show up.
>>
>>72513877
Well he is sending a message and i really liked it. About the content of the message maybe he was just in bad mood, maybe thats what the public wants to hear. honestly from what ive seen rappers tend to speak critical of the society they are living on because thats their audience and thats what they are being paid for and this involves the own industry as well, and just look at the ammount of people in there. Obviously i would shit myself if i was there talking to so much people at once. His songs feature a lot in the radio but yeah i do understand the perspective...in the end hes just promoting his peers (i stopped at 4 minutes mark)

>>72516184
You can still do artistic or light alternative pop and be fairly intellectual because producing lucid art like music requires a level of high intelligence...

>>72516166
The important thing is the message. Rap music tends to get the message across with the words. No bullshitting. So its easier sometimes to work within it. Though it doesnt matter much what genre you are working with as long as you are transmitting the message (and do it well) which can be about anything from enjoying making art, discovery in the art or trying to wake people and join more followers...musicians are always doing what the public wants them to do always remember that
>>
File: IMG_8033.jpg (47KB, 512x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8033.jpg
47KB, 512x367px
>Performance art
>>
>>72513877
Kanye is to music what James Franco is to acting. They both want to be ""artists"" so bad that they're focused too much on the idea of being an artist rather than making actual art.
>>
>>72516968
OP here and kek'd
>>
File: 1493167029419.png (207KB, 700x404px) Image search: [Google]
1493167029419.png
207KB, 700x404px
When this legend dies the world will probably stop
>>
>>72517006

The difference is, James Franco is a shitty actor whereas Ye is the best musician

Honestly while I can't say I as a fan would be happy about this, why the fuck would you boo him? That's just showing disrespect

Also what >>72516640 anon said. I like the way the man thinks if I were getting some thoughts from him that were uniquely shared to my audience that would be dope
>>
For the people who wanted to hear the speech, you do remember that the concert in question was cut extremely short right? I get what you guys are saying but I'd rather watch a full concert instead of 4-5 songs and a 15 minutes rant
>>
>>72517140
It is pretentious and unneeded. No one is going to a concert to get ranted and lectured by a man who is clearly not in the best mental state.
>>
>Kanye thinks he can break normie conditioning and start a revolution
wew
>>
>>72517140
>Honestly while I can't say I as a fan would be happy about this, why the fuck would you boo him? That's just showing disrespect

I'm willing to bet that between ticket price + hotel + taxi/uber, most people spent at least $400 to come to this thing, just for Kanye to go on a rant and leave after 17 minutes of no music.
Disrespect?? Where is HIS respect for his fans? Treating them like cattle as if they dont matter. They spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to go see him live and he spits in their face. Fuck you too for enabling that kind of behavior.
>>
ITT: Normalfags
Just accept it, Kanye makes music for normalfags. If you like his music, you are in fact a normalfag. Stop acting special because you browse this shithole because you aren't.
>>
Kanye is a 2/10 person and 2/10 "artist". He is however a 7/10 performer.
>>
>>72517348
in no way was op stating that kanye isnt making music for normalfags
in a way i think he nodded to the fact that he does that by saying that they do not deserve him
god what am i doing its 440 and im going on random threads on mu and debunking arguments lol
>>
>kid cudi is the greatest of them all
lmao
>>
>>72516072
>using stan unironically
Go back to the side bar, normie.
>>
>>72517321

they ARE cattle. that's the point. they are rich white kids who spend more time snapchatting than enjoying the music at his concert.

they DON'T deserve him.

>>72517348

normalfags like his music. normalfags also like everything these days. what do you listen to, death grips? normies are into that these days

the only music that normies don't like is like noise
>>
>>72517221
It's not like he's deranged or anything in that video. Maybe just mildly unhinged at worst.

The thing is though, people can twist his words and call him delusional or some shit when he's honestly just got low self-control and no restraint from saying how he feels.
>>
This was one of the craziest shows I ever went too. The second he started talking some chicken and her friends started booing. It was like people wanted to hate him.
>>
I feel obligated to go to a Kanye show even though I don't like just so I can say I was there.
>>
>>72516166
Go to bed O'Reilly.
>>
>>72516166

kanye moved hip hop away from a culture of failure and crime lmao
>>
The media said it was outlandish spendin'
The media said he's way out of control
I just feel like I'm the only one not pretendin'
I'm not out of control, I'm just not in they control
>>
File: (you).png (21KB, 684x560px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
21KB, 684x560px
>>72517597
>normalfags like his music. normalfags also like everything these days. what do you listen to, death grips? normies are into that these days

>the only music that normies don't like is like noise
>>
>>72517140
>the best musician
I wouldn't go that far.
>>
>>72518058
>the only music that normies don't like is like noise

Someone's gonna come and say noise is normie now because of Adult Swim.
>>
File: kanyeeast.jpg (141KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kanyeeast.jpg
141KB, 675x1200px
Kanye is a good Christian rapper who loves his mother. How dare these people be mean to him
>>
>>72518209
Kanye Down
>>
Man those cunts talking shit during the video baka
>>
>>72518209
Some of the Lights
>>
File: large.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>72518281
>>
>>72517597

This whole post is a joke. I hope it's just a shitpost and not serious.
>>
>>72517928

If this is real, how much did you end up paying for everything including concert ticket, flight (if needed), hotel (if needed) and gas/taxi/uber?
>>
>>72515794
If Kendrick Lamar pulled some shit like this I guarantee he wouldn't get boo'd.
>>
>>72518482

Any artist who would pull something like this would get boo'd, dont kid yourself. Nobody is going to pay money to hear some asshat artist talk. People paid money to listen to music and be entertained, nothing else.
>>
>>72518528
Kendrick has done that shit before, motherfuckers got quiet and listened to him talk because he's rap Jesus.
>>
Jesus christ, when does the Kanye meme die?
>>
>>72518773
heros get remembered but legends never die...
>>
>>72517321

oh no woe is me some normal idiots spent some fucking money they inherited you fucking nigger
>>
Kanye niglet nigger
>>
>>72518773
Approximately 5 minutes from yesterday next week
>>
Was Gucci my nigga?
Was drugs my dealer?
>>
>>72513877
>"Frank Ocean is great too!"
>loud screams

i bet these fucking normies only listened to the singles
i bet they only fucking liked channel orange
goddamn plebs
>>
here's an idea

if you dont want to waste your hard earned money then dont boo the fucking act you went to see to force him off stage. sorry he isnt playing all your old summer party jams from 2004 at every given moment you fucks.
>>
>>72518919
That's another thing. There's a slim chance he might've stayed if the reception wasn't so negative.
>>
>>72513877
why are all these fucking normies just complaining instead of listening to him speak?

>Play the fucking music!!!

What the fuck?? Having an impromptu like this at a concert would be awesome as long as he got back into the show.

I'm thoroughly convinced that the attention span and average intelligence of every American has plummeted in just the past 5 years.
>>
>>72518908
Channel Orange was the only thing out at the time besides his terrible mixtape.
Before I get a triggered reply, fuck off. That mixtape is horse shit.
>>
>>72519043
>implying normies can into blond/endless
>>
>>72513877
This would've been the best live experience ever if after he was done with his speech he immediately started playing Facts and honed his aggression into that song.
>>
>>72518919
This. You boo when you want someone off stage, not when you don't like something.
>>
>>72518795
thanks babe ruth
>>
File: 20161119_202055.jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161119_202055.jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
>>72518428
I live in Sacramento so I only paid for the ticket, which was $150.
>>
>>72519012
>as long as he got back into the show
But he didn't
>>
>>72519115
you ever see MC Ride or any of those guys walking around in Sacto?
>>
>>72519143
I saw Andy at a Screachers (some local post-punk band) show once. I didn't say anything though. I've also seen Liz Lilies a few times at other local shows at once at a Guitar Center. But I've never seen Stefan or Zach.
>>
>>72519043
Blond was out at that time.
>>
ayyyyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocCYI7aJ9aw
>>
>>72513877
kid cudi?
yeah... okay dude
>>
Same thing happened to Michael Jackson right before he died. He went on a rant abiut conspiracoes and the illuminati. Pray for Kanye
>>
>>72519723
He just said Kid Cudi is better than him. What the fuck
>>
>>72519060
><trying this fucking hard
Frank Ocean makes music for normies, anon. Just accept it.
>>
>>72520675

yeah but he's "gay" so that makes it sort of alternative
>>
FUCK YOU KANYE WEST! Learn how to play a fucking instrument and maybe I'll consider you a musician. Same goes for all you other rappers out there. You do some tricks on a computer and you're instant millionaires. That's why there are thousands of rappers out there. Because anyone can do it. No real talent. Not a musician. Crap artist. Period.
>>
>>72514232
Personally, having never seen a Kanye set, I agree with this. But a friend of mine went to the Big Day Out specifically to see him a few years ago, and while the music press skewered Kanye for lying down on the stage and ranting incoherently, my friend and apparently everyone around him were cheering him on. His rationale was 'I went to see Kanye, not a recital of his records' and I can respect that.
>>
>"WE DON'T WANT IT KANYEEE, WE DON'T WANT IT"

Normies in a nutshell
>>
File: this.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
this.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>72520902
This

Also can we take a moment to talk about the venue setup?
>>
>>72520805
>le you have to play an instrument to have talent and be a musician meme.
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>72521253
Do you even play an instrument?
>>
>>72520805
this is copy pasta
>>
>>72514452
nice reddit formatting my dude
>>
>>72514439
Excuse me for my ignorance but does he really have bipolar?
>>
Kanye had a big hype during the TLOP time again because his brand was so strong. His fashion shit was selling out in minutes and TLOP was well received with normies. Sad thing is normies will never understand art. They just went to the Kanye concert because he was popular at the time not because they are invested in him as an artist. Look at the Famous video and the dislike ratio on that video. Most people dont get the message of the video.
>>
>>72517597
>noise
>music
You retarded pretentious nigger
>>
>>72523135
what's the message
>>
>>72513877
On vacation from /fit/, never visited /mu/ before once in my entire life.

Is this some hot /mu/ meme? Do you faggots actually like Kanye West? His music is pretentious, try-hard shit. Remember going to a house party where everyone smoked too much weed and took too much acid, except for me, because I had to stay sober, and that was the only moment I've ever seen anyone enjoy Kanye West's music unironically. Is that it? Is that the secret? You guys are just degenerate druggies 99% of the time? Please tell me this isn't who's supposed to be 4chan's "leading authorities" on music culture.
>>
>>72523506
>On vacation from /fit/, never visited /mu/ before once in my entire life.

Nobody cares about you, fuck off
>>
>>72523506
>pretentious

How? He's the exact opposite of pretentious.
>>
>>72523529
Wow, you really convinced me with your hot opinions.
>>
So i learnt today, that n!gga rymes with n!gga, who wouda thought it possible? P.S Kuntye is the biggeest overrated ballsack in the history of music.
And for those who call the Kartrashians celebs, what talent do they have other than crappy sex tapes and manwoman attention grabs?
>>
>>72523530
>I'm a lyrical genius, lmao
>I'm the greatest rapper of all time, lmao
>"Leave a pretty girl sad reputation...Start a Fight Club, Brad reputation"

Wow, I get it. It's a very clever play on words, in which the common phrase is "bad reputation", but he's subverting that line by saying "Brad reputation", who, as you know, starred in the very famous "Fight Club" adaptation that he was just referencing. Wow. Very nice. Wow. I like it.
>>
>>72523607
Also, I just want to point out, he uses that same exact tempo in almost all of his songs. It's like when I'm trying to do some shitty freestyle rap with my friends over a beat that's way too fast for me, so I artificially engineer a purposeful pause to seem more collected and blunt, when I'm actually just trying not to stumble over my words. How impressive.
>>
>>72513877
Normalfag
>>
>>72523564
dude you've literally come to a forum about music, admitted you've never been here before and then claimed that an artist is totally irrevocably shit. so wow /fit/izen, you've really convinced us with your hot opinions.

please fuck off back to /fit/ or stay here long enough to learn about music and understand why what you said was retarded
>>
>>72523506
Trying too hard: the post
>>
>>72523607
>>I'm a lyrical genius, lmao
>>I'm the greatest rapper of all time, lmao
things never uttered from his mouth
>>
>>72523646
Taste is a result of a patrician personality, You're either born with a talent for objective taste, or you wallow in the bottom of subjective faggotry. You, my friend, wallow with the lowest.

Wow, you "cultivated" your intense stance on this shitty rapper because you "trained" your ears to be better than mine? That's not "taste", that's brainwashing yourself by listening to his album on repeat thirty fucking times until you forced yourself to like it; and then retroactively convincing yourself that the OTHER people who don't like it must have inferior personalities because they're not as cucked as you are.

I don't have to visit /mu/ to listen to a song and go "wow, that song is shit", same as I don't have to go on /tv/ to watch a movie and go "wow, that movie was shit".

Kanye West is literally the Quentin Tarantino of the fucking music genre. Admitting to yourself he's some sort of tortured artist is like admitting to the world your favorite subreddit is r/hiphopheads.

But nice try, fagtron. I think I'll stick around for a little while longer and see what you got to say about that.
>>
>>72523506
dont worry... its okay, you just dont know anything
>>
>>72523727
No one who is knowledgable about music would label Kanye West "pretentious" or "tryhard". You're just impotently complaining about how you don't feel part of some in-group that cherishes him and hence this entire strawman about taste when that wasn't even what that other guy was referring to. How does it feel being a brainlet? This is besides liking Kanye West, you're seriously braindead if that's how you would respond to that dude's post.
>>
>>72523810
So then explain to me, an outsider, what this band of "ingroupies" finds so charitable about a shitty rapper with an over inflated ego? Is it his biting lyrics? Is it his absolutely impervious beats? Is it because he's got the BBC?

I don't give a fuck about why you think I suck. I only give a fuck about why people think Kanye is literally "the lost voice of the 21st century". What has you talking about Kanye like he's some sort of Michelangelo?

And last, but not least, why the fuck does ANYONE buy his shit merchandise? This probably pisses me off more than the actual music itself. Are Kanye fans really just that cucked? Explain yourselves.
>>
>>72515794
also kendrick is shit
>>
>>72523875
If you don't like rap then the answer ultimately doesn't matter to you. But either way albums like The College Dropout and Late Registration received deserved amounts of acclaim for being forward-thinking in a focusless and self-absorbed era of rap. I don't think there's a critic out there who would refute this. And plus that was years before the whole cult of personality thing came about, which seems to be your primary issue regarding him.

As for your last point, the fashion industry in general is retarded bullshit and that's not limited to Kanye West.
>>
>>72523506
Don't expect anyone who's a fan of Kanye West or Death Grips to rationalise their opinion to you on this board. They're more into throwing insults than actually talking about music.
>>
>>72524094
Other way around.
>>
File: 1485963570580.jpg (30KB, 489x426px) Image search: [Google]
1485963570580.jpg
30KB, 489x426px
>>72523646
>Kanye fan is too retarded to justify why he likes Kanye
Can't say I'm surprised
>>
>>72524094
I hope you wrote this post ironically.
>>
File: 1461725980865.png (42KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1461725980865.png
42KB, 499x338px
>>72524047
>it's good because it's critically acclaimed
That's not how it works anon
>>
>>72515912
>>72524143
>>
>>72524118
>>72524142
Literally every response to the guy from /fit/ has been either petty insults or telling him to fuck off.
>>
File: (You).png (127KB, 345x337px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
127KB, 345x337px
>>72524119
>le im fixated on wapanese cartoon girls man
>>
>>72524162
Except the ones that, you know, aren't.
>>
File: 1486562849834.jpg (141KB, 668x717px) Image search: [Google]
1486562849834.jpg
141KB, 668x717px
>>72524168
see >>72524094
You're not very good at this
>>
>>72524171
Feel free to point them out
>>
Stop the bait shitposting please and thank you.
>>
>>72524198

>>72523810
>>72524047
>>72523530
>>72523702
>>
>>72524183
i don't have to rationalize my opinions or tell you what music i like because it's subjective. the fact that you don't facilitate real discussion about artists that you like and instead spend your time shitposting about cartoon girls proves how autistic you really are
>>
File: 1485547839806.png (62KB, 486x332px) Image search: [Google]
1485547839806.png
62KB, 486x332px
>>72524227
>i don't have to rationalize my opinions or tell you what music i like because it's subjective
Then maybe you shouldn't sperg out and call people retards when they don't like your favourite meme rapper.
>the fact that you don't facilitate real discussion about artists that you like and instead spend your time shitposting about cartoon girls proves how autistic you really are
You're literally the only person here bringing up my reaction images. In fact, your first reply was focused entirely on them. It seems you're the one who really wants to talk about cartoon girls here.
>>
RADIO
FUCK YOU
>>
>>72519012
Also forgot to mention mood swings that comes with a unbalanced jaw. Never met him but seeing he went through a very bad jaw accident and the jaw gives you balance to your whole body and head. He was healed for sure but you can feel the consequences over time. Your jaw needs to be always aligned with your head and if the jaw is hurt and painful you cant do that. You will chew wrong. You will do lots of things wrong and your head will lose balance due to the jaw. If prolonged ears and everything around will feel that and your brain as well. Difficult in keeping focus. The breathing channel is also compromised with that damaged jaw, with blocked air and etc.
I'm no doctor but loss of touch and difficulties in focusing is definitely going to happen over time due to the unbalanced jaw.
>>
>tfw just listened to the college dropout and it might just be better than everything after MBDTF
wasn't really expecting that
>>
>>72525159
Same. TCD is the last album of his I listened to and it actually blew me away quite a bit.
>>
>>72513877
He's
Ahead of his time, sometimes years out
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.