[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /mu/ hate Dave Grohl when this album exists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Why does /mu/ hate Dave Grohl when this album exists?
>>
Yeah real crazy how hard he can hit the drums my dude.
>>
>>72510940
Drumfags hate fun
>>
>>72510940
It's not even that good, suffers a slump somewhere around halfway to 3/4 through the album

/mu/ hates Dave Grohl because reddit loves him. That and his "rockist" views.

I, however, hate Dave Grohl because he's a douchebag. If you ever listen to him talk, you can tell he's a fake fuck putting on the nice guy shit.
>>
His fanbase is mostly made up of people that hate modern music because it isn't what they grew up with, as if post-grunge with strong christian overtones is somehow close enough to 70s blues rock for them.

That's a good album though.
>>
>>72510940
He's an good rock drummer, he just can't write for shit. Or at least, he needs someone else to write with or it turns out bland and pandering.
>>
File: nirvana-with-charles.jpg (49KB, 400x256px) Image search: [Google]
nirvana-with-charles.jpg
49KB, 400x256px
I dont hate him, unlike mu i can appreciated early foo fighters for what it is, good radio rock.
But the foo fighters have become bland and repetitive, no experimentation whatsoever.
How did the guy who was in nirvana become the boring butt rock faggots grunge was against?
>>
>>72511277
oh and the whole nice guy persona is so gag worthy, rock shouldn't be nice, or have nice people in it, it shouldn't be bland and for the whole family.

Man, if kurt were alive and saw the foo fighters he would shoot himself again
>>
>>72511318
Kurt was a genuinely nice person that wasn't afraid to get confrontational when he thought someone was being a shitbag.
>>
>>72511443
kurt had an appreciation for weird music and pop music, nirvana is the culmination of fusing the Beatles, the pixies with heavy metal and punk.
Kurt was a weird guy who loved really obscure indie bands but also really saccharine pop music like shonen knife.

The foo fighters are bland, safe, family friendly, big arena rock, no moshing, that kid in the youtube comment section that was born in le wrong generation, dave grhol is your cringy dad, yeah, he's a nice guy, but that shit is boring
>>
Friendly reminder that Dave Grohl was an HIV/AIDS denialist
>>
>>72511277
I didn't know Dave Grohl met Death Grips
>>
daily reminder Nate Mendel of SDRE ghostwrote most of The Colour and the Shape
>>
>>72511632
Is it ghostwriting if he's given joint songwriting credits?
>>
>>72511632
My hate towards it has now a reason
>>
Like if i started a rock band today the first song would be titled "bring me the head of dave grohl" and it would shit all over classic rock.

That would be provocative, and dangerous.
>>
>>72511673
most of it was credited as full band but he wrote more than Grohl and Smear according to a few accounts, most notably all the composition for My Hero
>>
Like can you imagine if radiohead kept on making pablo honey tier albums.
They would be irrelevant today.
I mean, would grohl even have the balls to make an electronic song.
Would it be good.
Maybe not.
Maybe it would be awful.
But it would be interesting.
>>
Dave Grohl is regulalry put up next to Bonzo and Keith fucking Moon.

Thats the problem. Hes competent but lacks the etheral genius the former two had.

Aside from that i respect him for his sharp wit and taste in music.
>>
>>72510940

I like Dave Grohl as a session musician, that's about it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.