[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did you all just trick me into listening to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

what did you all just trick me into listening to?
>>
A great blues rock album
>>
>>72506182
never force yourself to like something
>>
A steaming pile of dog shit.
>>
fast and bulbous
>>
>>72506182
a nice album
>>
ITT filtered plebs
>>
>>72506182
Numales lack the testosterone needed to appreciate this high art
>>
>>72506797
t. Scaruffi drone

>>72506801
Only nu-males like this garbage
>>
>>72506808
t. Covert numale
>>
circuscore is a nu-male genre
>>
>>72506808
i hate scaruffi, i don't know how you people dare to say that you don't like it when you haven't even listened to a free jazz album in your lifes
>>
Even if you dont like this album moonlight on vermont is one of the best songs ever.
>>
>>72506858
no, it's a shit song.
>>
>>72506836
Trout Mask Fish Replica isn't free jazz. Free Jazz musicians were talented.
>>
>>72508046
very low effort
>>
>>72508081
low effort and true. Charles Mingus, Ornette Coleman, John Coltrane, etc. all knew how to play complex music, and free jazz was an extension of that complexity and extensive music theory knowledge.

Beefheart was a blues rock musician that decided to give his band nonsense instructions and poorly mix an album. Even if it's interesting, it's clearly not free jazz.
>>
>>72508194
That's the point anon, mixing complex things like polirythms with more simple things like blues
>>
>>72506808
you can tell someone has no idea what they're talking about when they link Scaruffi and Captain Beefheart as if Scaruffi is the only critic who appreciates him. Trout Mask Replica (and Beefheart in general) has been well respected by many critics for decades. I mean even Christgau gave it a B+.

It's funny because you never see people having this reaction with an album like White Light/White Heat, another album from that era that Scaruffi praised. Everyone at least seems to understand that they were widely praised in their own time and that it isn't just some scaruffi meme, but it's not the case with Captain Beefheart for some reason.
>>
>>72508317
I get that that's why it's SUPPOSED to be interesting, but they weren't experienced with polyrhythms the way most knowledgeable jazz musicians were. The polyrhythms were just an accidental result of van vliet's ridiculous instructions, not a result of practiced skill.

It's more outsider art than free jazz.
>>
>>72508194
>poorly mix
FANTANODRONE DETECTED
>>
File: 1492315756821.jpg (75KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492315756821.jpg
75KB, 720x720px
Sometimes I wonder if this board likes horrible shit on purpose just because no one else does.
I understand some music being an aquired taste but a lot of shit that gets lauded as patrician here just seems to be terrible bullshit.
>>
>>72506182
pleb l o c a t e d
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.