[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post the most patrician music that you got. I bet $100 you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: deathinjune.jpg (20KB, 480x360px)
deathinjune.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
ITT: Post the most patrician music that you got. I bet $100 you nerds will just embarrass yourselves.

Hard mode: no classical
>>
>>72504251
>death in june
>patrician
>>
I seriously hate people posting the words patrician and plebian as if they're objectively good and bad, black and white terms.
>>
>>72504251
What makes an album patrician? Is it the obscurity? The innaccessibility? Is there some perfect balance between music being experimental and boundary pushing and being likable to be patrician? Or does it have nothing to do with music quality and simply status? Is it just "high brow" music?

I would post some good Jazz but I'd probably get shit on for either trying to hard or being a pleb, so I really don't understand what you fucks consider patrician. Honestly I don't think I wanna know either.

If I'm a pleb that's fine, I just wish I understood what the hell it meant.
>>
>>72504298
>all music is equal ;) we should all get along b/c everyone's equal!! <3
kill yourself plebian pig
>>
>>72504309
It originally started on this board for a chart of albums that an infamous tripfag liked to get stoned to.

That same trip went on to explain it was never the music, its the listener.

Over time newshits have to come to think if you use that word it makes the music superior.
>>
File: 1365200941266.png (369KB, 416x502px) Image search: [Google]
1365200941266.png
369KB, 416x502px
>>72504373
A plebeian is the exact opposite of a patrician. While the musical preferences among individual plebs vary as widely as music itself, all are easily identified by obvious tendencies and behaviors stemming from inner conflict between the compulsion to maintain a self-image of being "really into music" and a stubborn refusal to act accordingly. The pleb is threatened by critical discussion, openly hostile toward anyone who presumes an authoritative position no matter how legitimately, and rankles at any suggestion that he look inward to inspect his own biases or assumptions about music, or even that he has any biases in the first place.

What plebeians believe to be a keen interest in music is in reality an obsession with "taste". This is why they can entertain themselves for hours examining scrobble counts on last.fm, maintaining contrived parabolas of their RYM star ratings, or meticulously assembling a Top 50 chart which displays their grocery-list "eclecticism", but won't read a music text. This is why they loudly proclaim how their virginal taste is unsullied by any reviewer's opinion, yet memorize each of those opinions to cite in endless "drone" accusations. It is why they will evade addressing specific musical assertions at any cost, shifting the topic to popularity, fan image, or imaginary concepts such as "entry-level" or "fedoracore", all of which are better suited to their interests and expertise.

How does any of this apply to music. All the time people this board use "pleb" they usually refer to the music, not the listener.
>>
>implying I'm going to post my good music so you retards can meme it to death

nice try fag
>>
>>72504251
Jimi Hendrix works.
>>
>>72504251
>hard mode: no classical
>implying classical is patrician by default
found the plebeian.
>>
>>72504483
/thread

Another buzzword which has completely lost its actual meaning.
>>
If by your early 20s you are still attempting to impress people with your taste in music, you are deeply immature and obnoxious. I honestly couldn't give a shit wheher people think my tastes are 'pleb' or 'patrician', I listen to what I enjoy and I like discovering new music and introducing likeminded people to music they might not have heard of. Life doesn't have to be a massive dick swinging contest.
>>
>>72504932
You're such a pleb holy shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.