[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you love most about this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: Ween Pure Guava.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ween Pure Guava.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
What do you love most about this album?
>>
when it ends
>>
>>72501820
That I will never, never have to listen to it.
>>
>>72501839
>>72501834
But do you play it off legit?
>>
DON'T GET TOO CLOSE TO MY FANTASY
>>
>>72501861
I don't have it, I don't play it -- off legit or otherwise, whatever the fuck that means -- and I couldn't care less about it. Satisfied now?
>>
>>72501868
Come on man it's "Don't Get 2 Close (2 My Fantasy)".
>>
File: costanza bat.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
costanza bat.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>72501881
You'll never be able to play it off legit.
>>
i'm a ween fan and i dislike this album. stop forcing it, thanks.
>>
It's my favorite ween album, every song is great except for Sarah, Pumpin 4 the Man is my favorite though.

>>72502262
What don't you like about it?
>>
>tfw my mom bought me a shirt
>when i wear it im the shit
>but im not really legit
>my mom bought it
>>
That Chocolate and Cheese came after it.
>>
>>72502339
Dude, Sarah is one of my favourite Ween songs of all time, what's wrong with it?
>>
Best Ween album
>>
I love how divisive Ween is
>>
what can you do when your world's been invaded by a reggae junkie jew?
>>
>>72501820
pure guava is brown as fuck and weens most abrasive album it is completely unique and impossible to recreate personal 10/10 and favorite ween album
>>
>>72502993
this.

The whole album feels like a filler slot in their discography. There aren't really many memorable songs from it, and the ones that _are_ just aren't that great when compared to the "hallmark" ween tracks from other albums.
>>
>>72503650
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the most abrasive; I think GWS is far more.
>>
>>72503682
Objectively wrong, mon ami.
>>
HEY FAT BOY
>>
>>72502339
Sarah is great pleb.
>>
Mourning Glory is the best power electronics track of all time
>>
the album that got me into ween.

may favorite was when they did springtheme live at their shows
>>
It still blows my mind to this day that Pure Guava was released on a major label.
>>
File: The Pod.jpg (212KB, 1070x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Pod.jpg
212KB, 1070x1080px
Which album is the brownest? The Pod or Pure Guava?
>>
>>72504588
you just answered your own question with the image bruh.
>>
>>72502262
You're not a Ween fan
>>
favorite ween album

Brown as fuck, catchy as fuck, all the songs are awesome live

also poopship
>>
>>72502339
I'm not surprised that a person who thinks Sarah is the worst song on Pure Guava also thinks Pumpin' 4 the Man is the best song.
>>
>>72501820
It perfectly encapsulates the genius of Ween.
>>
POOPSHIP DESTROYER MOTHERFUCKER
>>
Big Jilm
>>
>>72503710
GWS isn't abrasive. It's just punk as fuck.
>>
>>72506863
That's what makes it abrasive.
>>
>>72506893
Mourning Glory is more abrasive than anything off of GWS or The Pod
>>
>>72506903
Perhaps, but that's one song, whereas a good chunk of GWS is quite abrasive.
>>
>>72506942
So is a good chunk of Guava. Guavas least abrasive moments are more abrasive than GWS least abrasive moments.
>>
>>72506967
I think we define abrasive differently.
>>
>>72506988
Ah. Ok. Not saying your interpretation of it is wrong, but just out of curiosity, what is your definition of abrasive music?
>>
>>72507175
Well we might define it the same, but our ears just interpret different sounds as abrasive.

Abrasive to me sounds muddy but with a lot of scratchy distortion or screaming/yelling, angry sounding to the point where you can't distinguish a lot of underlying sounds. GWS to me fits that description as a whole more than Pure Guava because I can actually hear through a lot of the more muddy parts of the latter as opposed to the former. I kind of agree with you that the least abrasive parts of GWS are less abrasive than the relative parts of Pure Guava, but I lean more toward equality when it comes to that end of the spectrum. I find that Punk music is generally abrasive for me to listen to and since GWS has a lot of punk influence it seems natural that I would be more turned off by the overall sound of that album as opposed to Pure Guava that still has some punk influence, but it seems more dialed back and instead has a little more clarity to the experimentation, which is what I'm more attracted to when it comes to Ween's brown side and music in general.
>>
I really like Mourning Glory

YOU AIN'T BEEN IN MY WORLD
YOU'LL NEVER BE IN MY WORLD
>>
>>72501820
The stallion part 2 is amongst their greatest songs
>>
I loved Pure Guava and GWS as a teenager but now I can't get into it :(

Favorite ween album is now....12 golden country greats
>>
>>72508228
3*
>>
Ween has never made a bad album

La Cucaracha is good
>>
Whenever I stay up all night and I put this on in the morning it just makes me crack the fuck up
>>
If you haven't seen Ween whacked out of your mind on LSD, you don't know SHIT about music.
>>
>>72508441
I've been a fan of Ween for a decade now but I can't take any drugs
>>
File: ween-2-600x418.jpg (89KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
ween-2-600x418.jpg
89KB, 600x418px
>>72508501
That's a shame. I assume work reasons? I was being facetious anyway.

>TFW you realized your first ween show was well over 10 years ago
>>
>>72501820
Me and my wife used to listen to this album when we would take trips to see her family, I like that it reminds me of that. It's pretty damn good.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.