[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream Theater fucking sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: dream theater sucks.jpg (95KB, 1000x515px) Image search: [Google]
dream theater sucks.jpg
95KB, 1000x515px
Their music is the worst kind of technical wankery, like ELP x10. They're the reason why people hate prog. Petrucci is tied with Tosin Abasi as the apex of unimagination, he practice all day as a robot without developing his mind, reading or socializing, I feel bad for his family. That's what's different bewteen him and Govan, Holdsworth, or even the guys without his technique, while Diva Portnoy, doesn't stop using his shitty double bass. I don't even care of the critic that "they're gay" or "Labrie ruined DT"; their instrumentalists are fucked, Liquid Tension Experiment is like Mahavishnu Orchestra's retarded brother.
Nonetheless their fans are the worst. I can understand that Tool fandom are junkies, Beatles are attention seekers whores but these bastards are the personification of the typical anime's virgin-fat-nerdy character who is bullied by everbody and waste his time in something that makes him feels superior but that anyway sucks.
>>
>>72498507
astute
>>
>>72498507
YOU DRAW THE BATTLES LINES WITH THE DOLLAR SIGN
>>
File: 1428643757774.jpg (108KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
1428643757774.jpg
108KB, 800x598px
>>72498507
I feel you what you were saying poorly, and I dislike rants in general. But overall you're correct. Fuck Dream Theater.
>>
>>72498507
Images and words was legit, but they are a one trick pony who wastes talent.
>>
>>72498507
Fuck you the Beatles r great.
>>
Train of thought>images and words/scenes from a memory >everything else by this band
>>
>>72498507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LHFswk8K3o

you were saying?
>>
File: rudess_harpejji.jpg (51KB, 291x438px) Image search: [Google]
rudess_harpejji.jpg
51KB, 291x438px
>>72498507
>Implying Govan isn't a kissless virgin full of technical wankery
Govan is amazing player but when it comes to actually developing anything emotional..no.

Also you forgot the most important part
of the entire operation- Pic related.
>>
In addition to this, I don't understand Ms. Labrie's horrifically dreadful tranny vocals. If Dee Dee from Dexter's Lab had a favorite band, it would be Dream Theater because their music - to me - evokes images of rainbows, unicorns and the like. DT just sounds like an excited 12 year old Twilight fangirl.
>>
I like dream theater but really Rudess just ruins every song when it gets to the clown music part.

Like, its jamming, and smooth and great and then CLOWN MUSIC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL4iZVCBgQk&list=PLN-OKmjqfXTLjAqRuhsfP4sTdBvrAzLZ0&index=34

Like this HEAVY song is heavy and shit adn then at 3 minutes rudess is like

>then some clowns come in and start dancing around inside a clown car.

Why?

People like images and words and awake because the keybaords were under control.
>>
>>72499645
I feel like he repeated a lot of grooves and fills throughout his time in Dream Theater. Nothing wrong with that, we all do it. But it was very clear during odd time sections that he would use some variation of a 16th notes hi hat groove. And his fills are just dull. An example that comes to mind is the video with him vs Billy Rymer in a drum battle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtsB2mKWaPw

Granted the guy has inspired a lot of people, some to the point of emulating his set-up exactly, and is a fantastic musician but goddamn does he need to refresh is chops and ideas, I think I read somewhere that he doesn't practise but as the video shows, he really needs to refresh his repertoire.
>>
>>72500155
Forgot it: I'm talking about Mike Portnoy.
>>
>>72499645
Rudess can't hide his internalized disgust towards his band mates, thinks everyone in band are just a punch of clowns
"Omg, these faggots actually like this lick, ...fucking plebs-- can't believe I agreed to another tour..wife's gotta have that new kitchen though..."
>>
>>72498507
good example of how metal musicians lose the the plot
>>
>>72499055
Was that a fucking trailer for a bad 90's pc game?
>>
>>72499081
Have you listened to Steven Wilson's albums perhaps? It you did, I don't think you would've said:
> Govan is amazing player but when it comes to actually developing anything emotional..no.
>>
>>72498507
astonishing
>>
>>72501169
That's EXACTLY why I said it. Hand cannot erase is the musical equivalent of a hipster man wearing frillpanties at a starbucks
>>
>>72501302
I guess you're one of those - if Dream Theater is bad, every prog band ever is bad. But then again, Steven Wilson is popular to hate here.
>>
>>72501571
Steve Wilson makes music for little girls like you.
>>
>>72498507
I agree with everything you said except the part about Tosin Abasi. What makes you think he's unimaginative?
>>
>>72498507
Look mum, I posted it again xD
>>
>>72501816
Great constructive criticism. I can now see where you're coming from. If you're shitposting, at least sage.
>>
>>72501866

seriously. He basically invented a new fucking style of playing guitar. He may be the most imaginative metal guitarist in a generation
>>
>>72499081
>actually developing anything emotional..no.

dude, what? Have you heard his solo on Drive Home by Steven Wilson?
>>
File: 24.jpg (203KB, 1492x1640px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
203KB, 1492x1640px
>>72503797
embarassing post
none of what you said is true
>>
>>72501866
I like tosin but i can sort of see what he means by running up and down scales, tosin and that djent crowd are more creative with rhythm than melody and he definitely goes into wank mode often. Btw you should listen to mestis, the other guitarist in aal's side project
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.