[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a Cocteau Twins appreciation thread going?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Cocteau-Twins_3022.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cocteau-Twins_3022.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
Can we get a Cocteau Twins appreciation thread going?
>>
lorelei
>>
File: folder.jpg (652KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
652KB, 800x800px
>will never get another dream pop album as good as this

it still hurts
>>
Victorialand underrated
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>72494879
Frankly, its depressing.
>tfw no one uses acoustic reverb and layering anymore
>>
>>72494879

>You, yourself, and your father don't know
>So art in your own ways
>You're really own bone setters
>Thank you for mending me babies

How does they write this stuff? Incredible.
>>
BBK is secretly their best album
>>
>>72494842
This shit sounds like fucking Enya. Do you goobers actually listen to this shit? lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIfC4q5LlKA
>>
>>72494848
DAH DOW DA DOW DA DOW WHOAaaa
>>
>>72494904
their best album actually. I wish i could get the LP ;_;
>>
>>72494842

I love that they created Shoegaze along with The Jesus and Mary Chain. Head over Heels was a shoegaze album 8 years before Loveless.
>>
final
three
albums
are
their
best
!!!
>>
>>72495028
just go to the share thread archives and download it.
>>
>>72495126
No
>>
>>72495126
Meh. You could argue Four Calendar Cafe, but not Milk and Kisses
>>
>>72496665
How can you like FCC but not Milk & Kisses?
>>
Does any other dream pop come close? Honestly.
>>
>>72496692
I feel like there's more passion I in FCC. M&K feels rushed and generic.
>Both are solid records but nothing compared to their other albums.
>>
>>72497192
I realize it's the pleb choice but I genuinely think Beach House is the next best thing. They can get kinda generic at times but probably the most consistent outside of CT
>>
>>72494963
There's nothing wrong with Enya.
>>
>>72498215
FCC is solid. Milk & Kisses is whack.
>>
File: 1487052040927.png (108KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1487052040927.png
108KB, 500x452px
>>
>>72498382
>>72498215
honestly i just shouted those were their best 3 albums in case anyone else thought the same but really i cant fault anyone who thinks otherwise because its just a different type of sound, and people seek different things. but mk is on par with fcc, and both very close to holv, at least to my taste. i cannot imagine calling mk uninspired when it has serpenskirt, rikean heart, and treasure hunting. just sublime stuff. all three on my top 10 of all time, give them another spin when you can!
>>
proto-Grimes
>>
No, honestly, fuck this band.

All throughout my teenage years I listened to them obsessively. Into my twenties. Was a total gothed-out faggot, loving this shit and Dead Can Dance and Switchblade Symphony and all that shit.

Couldn't find another single human being on the planet who liked any of that shit. Realized I was a loser and retreated into isolation. Drank gin and listened to my weird gothic music on my own.

Finally, at age 36, I meet a 40 year old woman who is obsessed with the same shit, particularly the Cocteau Twins. Most particularly "Ivo," my favorite song by them as well.

At first I think, "Oh my God, where have you been all my life?" .. But then I really start to think about it. Marry her, have a kid, still think about it.

When she was a teen/twenties she was really fucking cute and into this shit. I was a few years younger, but into this shit as well. And Haujobb, Front Line Assembly, Alien Sex Fiend.. all of it.

Yet we were a 1000 miles away. And she was fucking douchebags that were into Korn and Limp Bizkit. Real pieces of shit. And here we are.. she so beautiful and perfect, me with my weird jealousy. I just wish I had been there instead of them.
>>
>>72498561
lol fucking faggot no one cares
>>
>>72498561
hey man. the past is like the past, got me? so like, just chill out hombre.
>>
>>72498561
ivo, ivo, ivo, POMPADOUR!!!
>>
File: scruffy.png (218KB, 795x340px) Image search: [Google]
scruffy.png
218KB, 795x340px
>>72494963
>This shit sounds like fucking Enya

one thing you can never say is that you haven't been told
>>
Victorialand is their very best and you all know it
>>
>>72494842
How to sing like Liz and not throw up?
>>
>>72499289

It is. Easily the dreamiest of their albums, lack of percussion did wonders for their atmosphere.

>>72496665
>>72498215
>>72498382

I've always thought FCC was soundly their worst and even M&K was effortlessly better. Violaine alone beats the near entirety of FCC for me, let alone Serpentskirt and Treasure Hiding.
>>
Are any of the solo/other works by the band worth checking out?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.