[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it actually any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

>>
>>72487783
twitter feminist-core, probably blacks too
>>
>>72487783
tumblr sjw-core, probably people of color too
>>
>>72487815
I bet black people don't even like this album
>>
>>72487783
Yes, it has a wide variety of arrangements/musical styles and it is well written. The weakest part is the lyrics which aren't so much annoying or sjw as they are just basic/amateurish. In fact the lyrical content of the album overall is pretty mild, it's just the reviews and listener base that make it seem more preachy than it is

>>72487861
I know some black people with basic/normie music taste who think it was the best album of the whole year
>>
I liked the true ep a lot more, but cranes in the sky is probably her best song she's made. Worth a listen, but repeated listens were kind of difficult for me because I got tired of the race/political little skits or interlude type of things between almost every song.
>>
>>72487783
There are elements to the batshit "don't touch my hair" politics that ironically made this more thoughtful than most black music
>>
>/mu/ would have disliked james brown, john coltrane, nina simone and bob dylan because they were the 60s equivalent of sjws
Way to be close minded
>>
>>72487783
Only if you're white but want to celebrate your black womanhood.
>>
>>72488048
this
it also mean that Solange is equivalent to Nina at least (and I'm totally fine with this).
>>
>>72488048
>james brown
>sjw
>known for assaulting women

Sure kid, he is a saint.
>>
>>72488048
How could Coltrane's music be political? I know instrumental music can be political, but jazz, especially free jazz? idk.

Regardless, those people had far more legitimate things to care about as far as social justice went in their time.
>>
>>72488048
>/mu/ would have disliked artists they already approve
>>
>>72488048
James Brown was a republican.
>>
>>72488102
empowering Blacks>>>>>>>>empowering women
>>
It's good except it has lots of skits.

STOP PUTTING SKITS ON YOUR ALBUMS, PEOPLE
>>
>>72488650
DUDE NARRATIVE
>>
>>72488168
>why are you protesting inequality, abolitionists had far more legitimate things to care about as far as social justice went in their time.
>>
>>72488189
yes
what's your point
>>
James brown was pro Reagan and would have been based PCP negro,

No one is interested in listening to tito jackson marketed to hipsters no matter how hard the corporate music media tries to make beyakkies irrelevant sister a thing
>>
>>72489062
If they don't hate them now, why would they hate them back then?
It's not like their political views changes through time
>>
>>72489171
ah yes of course, I forgot that music was exactly the same 50 years ago and everyone's tastes would be exactly like they are today
what is context, after all?
>>
>>72489250
It's still /mu/ m8.
>>
>>72489250
What's the point in mentioning /mu/, then?
>>
>>72487815
regardless it's a decent album

just cuz u can't relate don't mean it's not great
>>
>>72489316
>>72489377
people that visit /mu/ would have disliked the artists mentioned by >>72488048 if they were alive at the 60s
it's not hard to understand
>>
>>72489527
That's not true. If they don't dislike them today, they would've not disliked them then.
>>
File: 1481500914100.jpg (189KB, 620x608px) Image search: [Google]
1481500914100.jpg
189KB, 620x608px
>>72489581
now you're just being dense on purpose
>>
>>72487783
No.
>>
>>72489632
Why? You really think /mu/ is dumb enough to base their music taste on political views? If that was the case, there would be no punk threads and sonic youth wouldn't be on the essential charts.
>>
>>72489667
>You really think /mu/ is dumb enough to base their music taste on political views?
you deserve another (You) for that one
>>
>>72489700
So, you are dumb enough. There's more on /mu/ than the frontpage.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.