[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

What went wrong?
>>
Nothing went wrong. It's a solid album, but it isn't their best work.
>>
Nothing
>>
It lacks artistic vision. It's boring and generic. The Gorillaz aspect is gone, making the aforementioned points even worse.

How much of a dumbass does Damon have to be that the deluxe songs are overall better than the original album? Getting through this album is a chore.
>>
>>72482424
I JUST WANTED TO BE CLOSE TO YOU
>>
>>72482274
Damon thought he could make good music without Graham
>>
>>72482274
Same thing that went wrong with Wildflower: trying to release music from the 2000s in the 2010s.
>>
>>72482274
>What went wrong?
Dropping the alternative rock in favor of electronica and hip hop
>>
>>72482424
>the gorillaz aspect is gone
Pretty much this.
>>
Nothing, it's great. Submission and Saturnz Barz are incredible.
>>
It's their best album and AOTD. Deal with it
>>
File: 1413056782712.jpg (34KB, 529x600px) Image search: [Google]
1413056782712.jpg
34KB, 529x600px
>>
>>72482274
trumplrinas listening to it
>>
It's a "Guests ft. Gorillaz" album instead of a "Gorillaz ft. Guests" album
>>
>>72482274
It doesn't sound anything like Gorillaz
After listening through the entire album, I forgot every single song except for "ALL MY LOIF"
>>72482876
this pretty much
>>
>>72482274
>"kill whitey" lyrics
>forgettable instrumentals
>too little damon albarn
>>
File: 243423244322324234242.png (445KB, 486x454px) Image search: [Google]
243423244322324234242.png
445KB, 486x454px
>>72482274
The only thing that really went wrong, was the polarizing message of the album.
I'm really confused why conservatives are getting mad at his album for being so left leaning political wise. For me, Gorillaz have been one of the most left bands I've ever heard of.
>>
>>72484487
because 4chan "conservatives" have developed an interest in politics within the last 12 months
>>
>>72482424
>It lacks artistic vision
Its called Humanz. Damon looked at the complete album and realised he can't call it Gorillaz.
>>
>>72482829
Whats wrong with Wildflower?
I fucking loved Since I Left You and was thinking about downloading it.
>>
>>72484546
Nothing, it's great. And knows how to use features, unlike Humanz
>>
>>72485862
Good, I'll download it then
>>
What I felt was missing on this one is a sense of fun. Gorillaz has to me always had a sense of playfulness in their music. Even when dealing with depressing topics (like how we as a species are fucking the oceans over by dumping our trash in them). Humanz to me has a couple of bright moments, but ultimately fails in this compartment. It's just too gloomy for me. Also, it's too long.
Hopefully I'll see the light on my second time through it.
>>
Every song sounds better live. The production on the album sounds sterile.
>>
>>72482274
>pop
>>
>>72482424
>The Gorillaz aspect is gone
The Gorillaz aspect was never in the music itself, barring only two exceptions, and those two exceptions were b sides. Damon never thinks of the characters when he writes and records the music. The fictional band of Gorillaz has always been specifically a visual and promotional thing.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.