[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

forgetting all the hype and the baggage, all the connotations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22KB, 300x300px
forgetting all the hype and the baggage, all the connotations and the influence, what do you guys think of this album? It was the first album I listened to and I've come back a lot to it, with my opinion fluctuating madly. What do you guys like or dislike about it?
>>
I saw the laser show, it was pretty good.
>>
It's a great album. Saying otherwise is just plain dumb. An album by 4 very talented musicians who when working together at a very creative time in their lives made an inherent masterpiece. I particularly like Richard Wright's contributions.
>>
>>72480388
8/10
>>
dude weed lmao
>>
Legitimately not that good. Not even in the top 5 Pink Floyd albums.
>>
>>72480543
name 5
>>
it's a super dated album that was released at the right time, which explains it's success. Animals, Piper, Meddle, and Wish You Were Here are all far superior. Would still give DSotM a solid 7/10 though, it's just Money -> Any Colour You Like is pretty meh.
>>
>>72480559
1. Animals
2. WYWH
3. Piper
4. Meddle
5. Saucerful
>>
would the album be as popular if it didn't have a 10/10 album cover
>>
File: 291537-david-gilmour.jpg (24KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
291537-david-gilmour.jpg
24KB, 700x400px
>>72480648
Hipgnosis presented about 4 or 5 ideas to the band. They went "Uh uh, that one."

Richard Wright had asked for something bold and dramatic.
>>
>>72480388
Contrarians do their best to devalue it because it's one of the most recognizable and iconic albums. Easily a top 25 of all time, and it's universally lauded for a reason. How can you listen to Side A and not give them SO much credit?
>>
>>72480388
Only liked two songs, but I consider them 10/10
About 80% of it is average to meh tier.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.