[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is his best album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: aphex-twin-electronic-beats.jpg (66KB, 940x798px) Image search: [Google]
aphex-twin-electronic-beats.jpg
66KB, 940x798px
what is his best album?
>>
oh its one i havent released

its the best album anyone has ever made and i wont release it because i am aphex twin and i do mad pranks like that yeah
>>
Not Drukqs. Everyone only remembers the handful of good/great songs on that album but never the album as a whole. Insane amount of filler and songs that exist just to test your patience. Nobody can tell me with a serious face that they listen to the entirety of Drukqs every time they're in the mood for the album. If an album makes me skip certain songs every single time, it's not a great album.
>>
>>72478316
Selected Ambient Works 85–92
>>
rdj, saw 1, or syro
syro is underrated
>>
>>72478366
>Nobody can tell me with a serious face that they listen to the entirety of Drukqs every time they're in the mood for the album.
I do.

>If an album makes me skip certain songs every single time
People who skip tracks need to leave.
>>
>>72478336
>just a prank bro
>>
>>72478416
>>72478394
SAW had way too many songs that were ahead of it's time by a mile
I believe it's the best both musically and if you take into account the context.
>>
File: R-32662-1221896955.jpeg.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-32662-1221896955.jpeg.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
>>72478394
Agreed. probably my most listened-to album of all time.
>>72478416
Outside of XMAS_EVET10 and MARCHROMT30a I thought Syro was a little underwhelming. I ended up enjoying Cheetah more than it.
>>
>>72478435

I never skip tracks on any album. Drukqs is the exception. There are tracks on Drukqs that just exist to prank people. I guess his intent was to prank music reviewers. He can go from one of the most beautiful drill and bass tracks ever made, to a lovely piano interlude to a track that sounds like people being tortured in an insane asylum. He's a prankster and I don't have time for his pranks.
>>
rushup edge

>album
>>
Surfing on sine waves
>>
syro
I think analord and rushup edge are better or just as good as his best aphex twin releases though
>>
which ever one had Next Heap With

love that generic, cinematic movie soundtrack reject track.
>>
>>72478755
icbyd

funny considering it has two of the greatest afx tracks ever (alberto balsalm and cow cud is a twin) at the end.
>>
>>72478463
Not only that but SAW just sounds so much better than any of it's contemporaries production-wise. I've heard old Autechre, The Orb, KLF, Global Communication, FSoL; all have such dated production that it kills exactly the atmosphere they're trying for while SAW nails it
>>
File: Travelling_Without_Moving.jpg (36KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
Travelling_Without_Moving.jpg
36KB, 298x300px
>>
>>72479466
And it's all thanks to some cat.
>>
I care because you do
>>
>>72479717
Is that a joke or a reference to something
>>
>>72479788
I still don't know if it's apocryphal, but
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selected_Ambient_Works_85%E2%80%9392
under Reception and Legacy:
>John Bush of Allmusic felt Ambient Works is sparse with eerie synth lines and narrow percussion and described it as a "watershed of ambient music". He noticed the album's poor sound quality since it was recorded onto a cassette damaged by a cat.
>>
>>72480172
this isn't going to become a thing here, is it?
>>
File: 10 - mjnWeYZ.jpg (221KB, 1181x1181px) Image search: [Google]
10 - mjnWeYZ.jpg
221KB, 1181x1181px
user48736353001
>>
>>72478435
>>72478497
>being so autistic that you never skip unenjoyable tracks on albums that you've already heard
i feel bad for you guys
>>
>ctrl+f
>rochard d james album
>0 results
/mu/ what the fucc
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.