[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he fading into irrelevancy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 9b813a8d.jpg (77KB, 658x560px) Image search: [Google]
9b813a8d.jpg
77KB, 658x560px
Is he fading into irrelevancy?
>>
kendrick and drake are more relevant and he's in the background screaming for attention
>>
I can feel him fade
>>
Nah, Will Smith is still cool man
>>
He's stayed quiet for a while, which I think is evidence that he's working on something fucking monumental.
>>
>>72474474
more like he's being fucking brainwashed and probably can't even speak
if he didnt sperg out and make that live rant about illuminati and support trump we probably would already have turbografx 16
>>
>>72474414
>first artist to go platinum from album streams alone
>literally in the news every other week during his album release

Nah senpai, he's just being a dad right now. He'll release something for the summer, but surprise releases are all the rage right now, and I'd be shocked if he didn't end up dropping his next project unexpectedly.
>>
a little bit, hopefully hes getting counseling and has a solid support system and maybe meds

little nigga is spiraling right now
>>
even when MBDTF came out he was already past his prime, that was his second wind and he's been petering out ever since
>>
>>72474580
You could argue he was at his prime at the release of every single one of his album
>>
>>72474612
don't be ridiculous, his first two were masterpieces, then he started slipping, then MBDTF was the last grand hurrah and everything since has been hit and miss dicking around
>>
>>72474414
He's already faded, black people don't fuck with him and young people rather listen to Drake make the same album over and over again.
>>
>>72474447
Racist fuck
>>
>>72474670
Yeezus was peak kanye
>>
>>72474579
too real man
>>
>>72474551
Believe in Lord Kanye
>>
>>72474474
If anything wouldn't he be loud and obnoxious as he usually is whenever he is releasing something in order to drum up hype?
>>
>>72476175
That's your opinion anon but most would agree MBDTF was his peak
>>
>>72474474
>>72474551
>>72476230
It takes Kanye 2 years to mix and master albums, and 1 year to decide which songs make the cut.

We were able to get LR right after CD because he had been working on both albums at the same time. And we were able to get 808s so quickly because he was motivated by his grief between Amber Rose and his mom's death.
>>
>>72476332

Still waiting on Good Ass Job
>>
>>72476871
is this a joke
>>
>>72474431
>screaming for attention
he hasn't done anything in the public eye since his tour
>>
>>72474414
Kanye is in the sunken place.
>>
His legacy will be far, far greater and far reaching than people like Kendrick or Drake. Kendrick makes reactionary, afrocentric hip-hop while Drake makes contemporary pop-rap. Kanye's music is timeless when it comes to artistic integrity, vision and aesthetics.
>>
Is Turbo Grafx 16 still a thing?
>>
>>72478391
>Kanye's music is timeless
How does he do it? Drake's music has an expiration date of a few months.
>>
>>72478391
dude the best part of Kanye's music are the fucking samples, lol.

He's not gonna make a lasting impact except as a fucking weirdo with BPD/Bipolar
>>
>>72478614

>He's not gonna make a lasting impact except as a fucking weirdo with BPD/Bipolar

Name one genius that ain't crazy.
>>
>>72478645
Um, fucking Einstein? Feynman?

Kanye isn't a genius. He's a thief with an ego the size of a planet and a psychological disorder.
>>
>>72474414
>>72474414
>>72474414

http://www.strawpoll.me/12854652

Vote, faggots
>>
>>72478679
>Um, fucking Einstein? Feynman?
feynman is just a saganesque meme, and both of them were pretty fucking weird
>>
File: ohkanye.jpg (75KB, 700x493px) Image search: [Google]
ohkanye.jpg
75KB, 700x493px
>>72478679

Look at this triggered normalfag.
>>
>>72478679
Kanye is the most influential artist of the twenty first century
>>
>>72478391
>Kanye's music is timeless
go listen to the first few records, they sound incredibly dated by today's standard.
>>
>>72478754
>barely 17 years into 21st century
kek came down spaz
>>
>>72478757

You don't know what timeless means.
>>
>>72478757
timeless doesn't mean not dated.
Illmatic is dated as fuck and considered timeless.
Several classic movies are dated but timeless.
>>
>>72478796
>>72478797
Timeless would imply anyone in any time frame could pick it up an enjoy it. Records like The College Dropout and The Late Registration sound like mid-2000's pop rap albums and would probably be most enjoyed during that time frame. Not exactly timeless guys
>>
>>72478957
LR is my favorite Kanye album and I started listening to him in 2013.
>>
>>72478973
Well that's good for you anon but your average person today is probably not listening to CD-era Kanye
>>
>>72478957

Judging by sites like RYM, acclaim for those albums only increased with time so you're wrong. The College Dropout still sounds unique. It helps that Kanye wasn't chasing trends or doing what is contemporaries were doing. 50 Cent sounds dated, Kanye does not.
>>
>>72479022
>Kanye fans grew overtime giving all his albums higher scores on rym
You don't say

also
>no cliches
those pitch shifted vocals on Through the Wire are a product of their time
>>
>>72478679
>Einstein wasn't crazy
>knowing your history

Einstein was incredibly crazy. Look at how he fucking treated his wife. He married his cousin. What the fuck?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.