[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are albums for listening to on this, also what are some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: DXM.jpg (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
DXM.jpg
80KB, 300x300px
What are albums for listening to on this, also what are some examples of music that references DXM or has a culture associated with it? I know there's lots of hip hop for lean but where's the DXM music, is it just random vaporwave, if so can you post some?
>>
The Generic Tribe, Ariel Pink, Deer Hunter

It's what I listen to when I trip

I trip all the time
>>
I listened to Ready to Die on the DXM and it felt rather poignant at the time.

Death Grips is prolly a fun listen as well
>>
>>72468228
>Deer Hunter
ate you talking about the idie band or the prog rock band?
>>
>>72467915
There's no culture associated with it because it isn't considered cool. Pretty good drug though.

Just don't do it every day please. Brian Jonestown Massacre and My Bloody Valentine are good for DXM
>>
File: f2bb0e44.jpg (335KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f2bb0e44.jpg
335KB, 1200x1200px
excellent robo-tripping album
>>
>>72468601
Indie band
>>
>>72469019
i don't care much for any of the things you like they are only ok
>>
I stick mostly to spacey, mechanical music with dissociatives, if that makes any sense. Stuff like Oneohtrix Point Never, Gas, Aphex Twin, 2814, etc.
>>
>>72469112
These and synthpop. I like ethereal type sounds
>>
There's a band called Velvet Cacoon that revolved around dextromethorphan.
>>
>>72467915
I'm actually tripping tonight, dxm & dph. Probably gonna listen to some noise rock/shoegaze.
>>
cloud rap
>>
>>72469182
>Velvet Cacoon
wow they are a black metal band? weird. wish there was more information on them but I gotta asume with an album called Dextromaut you are right about what you said
>>
Ununironically Yung Lean.
>>
>>72469212
how much DPH do you take?
>>
>>72467915

The Books are prolly my favorite to listen to while on Dex.
>>
>>72469266
Erowid says 1:1. And they cancel out the negative effects of eachother.
>>
File: 37853.jpg (18KB, 250x234px) Image search: [Google]
37853.jpg
18KB, 250x234px
Velvet Cacoon

>Josh and Angela claim to have snorted a pre-prepared powder of dextromethorphan rather than drinking it in a cough syrup or crushing pills of Mucinex DM, like a junior high school student would. They say their music is inextricably connected to the disassociation brought on by the drug and that to really “understand” VC’s music, one must at least be on the “fourth plateau” of a DXM trip, where communication with the spirit world begins.
>>
>>72469315
where did you get that? is there more?
>>
>>72469441
http://www.tinymixtapes.com/delorean/velvet-cacoon-genevieve
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Velvet_Cacoon/15954
http://www.fmp666.com/velvetcacoon/vc.html
http://blog.supercrank.com/2005/07/velvet-cacoon-hoax.html
etc...
>>
>>72467915
Animal Collective, ELO, & Pet Sounds were my favorites.
>>72469296
>Erowid says 1:1. And they cancel out the negative effects of eachother.
Bullshit. You may enjoy the combination but you're getting high on both at the same time, which is probably not too healthy. Especially when someone is taking a 3-4 plateau level dose. Any other anon considering this combination should at the least do the research or not consider it at all.
>>
dxm wasnt that great, i miss it sometimes but the worse times were so bad it's not worth doing again
>>
>>72469112
If I wanted to experiment with dissociatives where should I start? (environment, type of drug, etc.)? I do shrooms and acid every once in awhile and I wanted to step out of my comfort zone. Any repercussions?
>>
>>72470255
Try to get your hands on ketamine for the purest dissociative effects, DXM is fun but it's also kinda weird and the dirtiest feeling drug imo.

Ketamine for meditation and introspection, DXM for music and being a lizard
>>
>>
>>72470147
You're dumb
>>
>>72467915
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=60LB7VmVL04
>>
>>72467915
i use DXM once every few months or so, mostly for spiritual exploration and it's very interesting for sure. deep, lush, bittersweet, and humbling. i never take a lot, usually around ~250mgs because i'm on a strong antidepressant and i don't want to risk serotonin syndrome (although i've certainly had brushes with it) but it's always an amazing time. it's very similar to focused meditation; all external borders and boundaries that i know in the back of my mind to be real get destroyed and all that's left is this giant canvas with a wagner opera playing in the background (which is where the aforementioned lushness comes from; it's a very cinematic experience)

however, it's not to be fucked around with. it's dark, it's dangerous. it's highly empathogenic so you're going to be vulnerable and emotional, sometimes even sedated and unable to communicate with people. i've had brushes with serotonin syndrome out of carelessness like i've said.

do your research, know exactly what you're putting into your body and you're guaranteed to have the time of your life.

also listen to wagner. trust me, you'll understand.
>>
>>72472312
I had a 2 day bout with Serotonin back when I was on Tramadol and was taking extremely high doses. It was like seizing every couple of minutes. No fun.
>>
>>72472436
it's awful, man. my head got really hot and i felt like i was going to have a seizure any second. literally felt like i was going to die, too, like i was going to seize, pass out, die and someone was going to find DXM gelcap bottles in my fucking bedroom, like that was how i was going to go: playing with cough medicine. i'm still on an antidepressant and i still do DXM on it but i never redose and i never go overboard with the dosing in general.
>>
For you beginners, stay away from anything that has any other active ingredients other than Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (like cold and flu medications). And stay away from Dextromethorphan Polistirex.
You can get Robitussin and off-brand cough gels on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Robafen-Liquidgels-Dextromethorphan-Robitussin-Coughgels/dp/B00Q39EGIY/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1493422344&sr=8-5&keywords=Robitussin+cough+gels
>>
https://soundcloud.com/bucket-collective
>>
>>72472638
>Dextromethorphan Polistirex.
why stay away from that? that's what delsym has and it's great
>>
>>72473033
Polistirex is basically a "time-release" version. The effects are lesser but longer acting.
>>
>>72472638
Delete this the mods don't allow sourcing
>>
Aphex Twin
Jon Hassell
Early James Ferraro
or Fourth World Magazine(Spencer Clark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QpWXcwUygs

I love shit that sounds from another dimension
>>
>>72473455
It's too old to delete.
It's also not a problem unless YOU draw attention to it.
>>
>>72473455
be cool
>>
>>72473455

fuck off
>>
File: brownout.jpg (206KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
brownout.jpg
206KB, 1200x1200px
This album was inspired by ketamine, I believe. Is that close enough?
>>
File: fomfbomb.jpg (101KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
fomfbomb.jpg
101KB, 945x945px
>>72467915
C'mon son, it's like almost right there in the name.
>>
>>72467915
please listen to the madcap laughs you will not regret it
>>
Sweet Trip's V:D:C
Have a nice Life's deathconsciousness
Flaming Lip's The Terror
glad to see a dxm thread on /mu/ without anyone memeing
I'm off the stuff myself as my heart isn't in the best of shape after abusing caffeine, alcohol, dxm...etc...
Stay safe everyone
>>
what plateau do you lads usually aim to get to?
>>
>>72467915
>tfw can't do DXM anymore without being disappointed after trying the classic psychs
>>
>>72473973
Third plateau is comfy as hell. So that
>>
>>72474467
It's not even the same thing.
Dextromethorphan is a dissociative, not a psychedelic/hallucinogen.
>>
File: 101_Damnations_(album)_cover.jpg (72KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
101_Damnations_(album)_cover.jpg
72KB, 500x485px
I used to take dextromethorphan a lot. I liked to listen to 101 Damnations and 30 Something (both Carter USM albums) when I did.
Metallica's "And Justice For All..." too.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.