[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start listening to jazz. Show me the way /mu/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1482023840909.png (856KB, 1016x467px) Image search: [Google]
1482023840909.png
856KB, 1016x467px
I want to start listening to jazz.

Show me the way /mu/.
>>
download every album Blue Note released in the year 1964 and go from there
>>
>>72467608
start with Benny Goodman, Jelly Roll Morton and other swing 30's tracks
or you can start with Chet Baker Bill Evans Miles Davis - theyre my favourite ones
>>
File: image.jpg (334KB, 1684x1710px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334KB, 1684x1710px
This Jazz flowchart is pretty good. definitely start from that album. I recommend listening to a few artist and branching based on what you like. A lot of Jazz musicians play on each other's records so if you like a instrument on an album go listen to the guy that played its other albums.

I also recommend Pierro Scaruffi's list of Jazz. Not all of it is great but it's a nice general guide.
>>
>>72467697
That flowchart looks pretty good, I'll go from that. Thanks.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjDrkTmqxQk
>>
>>72467608
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/jazzthreadguy/reviews
>>
>>72467608
start with the cowboy bebop soundtracks. they are how a significant amount of people got into jazz. also >>72467697 is good too
>>
>>72467608
http://www.scaruffi.com/jazz/best100.html
>>
>>72468353
NOT THIS
>>
Just listen to POP music and whatever it is on the popular charts, jazz is for idiots and guys with no working sperms.
>>
>>72467608
Not to fond of labels and genre names, so not entirely sure that it's jazz..
But Bop Alloy is really good and it does have jazzy vibes:3
>>
>>72468400
Scaruffi's best lists tend to be really great (sometimes). If he just did that and did less meme sudointellectual reviews, he would actually be likeable
>>
>>72467697

>albums only

Don't forget, OP, that a lot of the best Jazz musicians lived in the age of singles.
>>
USE THE JAZZ GENERAL
>>
File: 1493039317975.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1493039317975.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>72467697
Been trying to get a "How to get into jazz" flowchart like this for AGES. Thanks good sir.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.